Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,195 members, 7,953,702 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:59 PM

100 Ijaw Militants Killed In South-west By Nigeria Military Bombardment Yesterda - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 100 Ijaw Militants Killed In South-west By Nigeria Military Bombardment Yesterda (459 Views)

Photos Of Top Boko Haram Commanders Killed During Bombardment In Sambisa Forest / Thugs Loyal To APC Chairman Brutalise PDP Members During Osun West By-election(p / Heavy Joint Military Bombardment Going On In Ikorodu Border Towns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

100 Ijaw Militants Killed In South-west By Nigeria Military Bombardment Yesterda by rawglobalnews: 9:03am On Jul 31, 2016
No fewer than 100 people suspected to be militants have been reportedly killed as the Nigerian military on Saturday continued the aerial bombardment of Fatola, the base of militants and pipeline vandals in the Arepo area of Ogun State.

One of our correspondents who was around the scene of the incident at the time, observed that the attack started at about 12pm and lasted for about 30 minutes.

Our correspondent counted at least eight missiles fired by a fighter jet, which flew across the creek at intervals.

Another aircraft was observed hovering around the area.

Residents, who were caught unawares, ran for their lives due to the ground-shaking effects of the missiles.

Business activities were grounded and many residents fled their houses for fear of being hit by missiles.

A resident who was on the road when the shots were fired said the Saturday attack was more intense than previous air raids.

Speaking on condition of anonymity, she said, “The air raid started on Thursday evening. It was just a missile that was released, but the effect was serious. On Friday evening, another airplane which flew across the creek released gunfire which lasted for some minutes. I could hear the shots as if they were fired close at me. But the Thursday and Friday attacks were child’s play compared with that of today (Saturday).

“The aircraft releasing the missiles had three short wings with a sharp mouth. It maintained a visible presence in the sky and anytime it wanted to fire, it flew down as if it was about to crash. I never knew the military had such a weapon.”

Another resident, who also spoke on condition of anonymity, told our correspondent that he lay flat in his apartment during the Saturday attack.

He said, “I was alone in the house with my son. The boy shook with fright every time a missile landed. I carried him and lay flat on the floor. The missiles shook the whole ground. I am not sure if I would continue to live here because of this. My landlord left with his family yesterday.”

Read more from Raw Global News via http://www.rawglobalnews.net/100-ijaw-militants-killed-in-south-west-by-nigeria-military-bombardment-yesterday/
Re: 100 Ijaw Militants Killed In South-west By Nigeria Military Bombardment Yesterda by olatunjithomas(m): 9:05am On Jul 31, 2016
picture or.............m
Re: 100 Ijaw Militants Killed In South-west By Nigeria Military Bombardment Yesterda by malele(m): 9:06am On Jul 31, 2016
Who confirmed there identities to be ijaws.
Anyway anybody that believes this news is a fool

(1) (Reply)

Why R Nigerians So Passionate About Political Parties & Not Qualified Candidates / NEMA Provides Food For 800 Repentant Boko Haram Insurgents / I’ve Always Spoken Against Corruption – Edwin Clark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.