Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,092 members, 7,957,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:50 AM

Why Are Churches Always Locked? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Churches Always Locked? (657 Views)

Daddy Freeze Shares Mobile Bank App For Tithes And Offerings For Churches / Why Are Churches Not Practicing Burnt Offering Anymore? / Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Churches Always Locked? by Nobody: 9:50am On Jul 31, 2016
Im baffled whenever I see churches locked this days only to be opened for weekly services and Sundays only. then I begin to wonder what is the importance of resident pastors and the likes, unlike the past years before the coming of the 21st century when if you are worried or been haunted by "spirits" the church is always opened to save you. not this days again when access to the church is restricted. pls does anyone have a good reason why this is done?
note: not all churches are been talked about here.
thanks

1 Like

Re: Why Are Churches Always Locked? by bueze046(m): 10:03am On Jul 31, 2016
It's because of THIEVES of nowadays... Awon holy Oshi's
Re: Why Are Churches Always Locked? by Niflheim(m): 10:13am On Jul 31, 2016
@OP,

Most of these pastors need to be able to have the flexibility to play Premier Lotto anytime they want, they need to be able to visit "Hotel Cosy Rosy" with the option of sleeping over with Stacey and Tracey, and they want to watch the latest series like "Game of Thrones"!!! This is why they always opt out of becoming resident pastors!!! They value their freedom so much!!! It gives them the ability to commit more sin in a lesser amount of time!!!
Re: Why Are Churches Always Locked? by thelish(f): 11:22am On Jul 31, 2016
I keep asking myself this question whenever I see churches locked.
Re: Why Are Churches Always Locked? by Pranaya(f): 11:43am On Jul 31, 2016
Some of the pastors are not full time pastors. They probably have other duties to attend to aside staying in the church all week. I think that my be one of the reasons.
Re: Why Are Churches Always Locked? by firstking01(m): 11:48am On Jul 31, 2016
doctorkush:
Im baffled whenever I see churches locked this days only to be opened for weekly services and Sundays only. then I begin to wonder what is the importance of resident pastors and the likes, unlike the past years before the coming of the 21st century when if you are worried or been haunted by "spirits" the church is always opened to save you. not this days again when access to the church is restricted. pls does anyone have a good reason why this is done?
thanks
Smh, with these your kinda mindset and question, it begets you knw nothing about the scriptures...i'd advice before you bring any question abt church or the bible, first seek your pastors help bro.
Re: Why Are Churches Always Locked? by firstking01(m): 11:52am On Jul 31, 2016
doctorkush:
thanks
Smh, with these your kinda mindset and question, it begets you knw nothing about the scriptures...i'd advice before you bring any question abt church or the bible, first seek your pastors help bro...
Re: Why Are Churches Always Locked? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jul 31, 2016
firstking01:
Smh, with these your kinda mindset and question, it begets you knw nothing about the scriptures...i'd advice before you bring any question abt church or the bible, first seek your pastors help bro...
since you know more about the scripture, I will appreciate it if you enlighten me.
Re: Why Are Churches Always Locked? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jul 31, 2016
thelish:
I keep asking myself this question whenever I see churches locked.
seriously my sister
Re: Why Are Churches Always Locked? by firstking01(m): 12:33pm On Jul 31, 2016
doctorkush:
since you know more about the scripture, I will appreciate it if you enlighten me.
Nope, your pastor have a concrete answer...mine might not really be convincing cos i knw the church is a holy and a sacred sanctuary of GOD, not to be tread upon or entered carelessly, you remember the priest and the terbacle and what befell those who carelessly touched or entered the terbacle carelessly??
Re: Why Are Churches Always Locked? by bacco2000(m): 1:36pm On Jul 31, 2016
You forgot that there are thieves who loves burglin the church, that's one of the reason you find churches under lock and key. But there are churches that are not totally locked.

(1) (Reply)

A Pastor Turned A Muslim In Ekiti. / Comparison: Yahweh Of The Neanderthal Period Vs Bokoharam Of Homo Sapien Period / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 25/09/16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.