Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,908 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

Now That Tomato Is Back - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Now That Tomato Is Back (29339 Views)

Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket / See What I Saw In A Tin Tomato! We Just Need To Be Careful / When Tomato Is 4 For N500 (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Now That Tomato Is Back by Tintinnoty(m): 9:49pm On Jul 31, 2016
Irishrena1:
OP have you confirmed it?
am suprised a lady could be asking such question. Don't you cook?

2 Likes

Re: Now That Tomato Is Back by siraj1402(m): 9:50pm On Jul 31, 2016
BABANGBALI:
grin grin grin grin I got you grin grin grin thanks for making me have have a good laff grin grin tongue
crazy guy tongue You sabi my landlord? grin

2 Likes

Re: Now That Tomato Is Back by Irishrena1(f): 9:54pm On Jul 31, 2016
Tintinnoty:

am suprised a lady could be asking such question. Don't you cook?
If you had taken the time to read through the thread you would have seen another post of mine where I said that its now cheaper but not as cheap as what #800 at the source would make me expect it to be in PH. And yeah I've noticed you! Next? Please swerve. This is what happens when you always score zero in your reading and comprehension tests.

To you taking their otherwise useful time to quote me, I guess you do not understand when I say that I would have expected it to be cheaper over here if it goes for #800/basket at the source (North). That's why I asked if the OP (you) has (have) confirmed it.

When threads were opened during the time of tomato Ebola, the OPs tried to substantiate with pics of tomatoes they bought dearly.

1 Like

Re: Now That Tomato Is Back by Gabrielo7125(m): 9:54pm On Jul 31, 2016
Westerners are just too over reliant on north for agricultural produce. because they think they are Too Educated to go farm. God save una, Hunger for twist una neck like Newcastle disease.

2 Likes

Re: Now That Tomato Is Back by Tintinnoty(m): 9:55pm On Jul 31, 2016
g4everybody:
op, the price is nt generally stable. in some states, its stil very expensive. dont rush into conclusion
which part of the country do you reside cos i can now cook with N100 tomatoes here in lagos
Re: Now That Tomato Is Back by BABANGBALI: 9:56pm On Jul 31, 2016
siraj1402:
crazy guy tongue You sabi my landlord? grin
is it not papa ajasco? grin
Re: Now That Tomato Is Back by Damola00: 10:05pm On Jul 31, 2016
I beg go sit down for one side jo.. Shey na only tomato you want put for fire.. Do you know how much I buy rice for here na #750 per ruba.... D FG stop all d import rice say make we dey chop local rice for my side nah #600 per ruba and una cum reduce price of tomato.. Thunder fire you. Just wake up in d morning and put tomato inside d pot and start dey chop ham. God bless me and all d nairaland family.

1 Like

Re: Now That Tomato Is Back by VictorRomanov: 10:09pm On Jul 31, 2016
Tintinnoty:
Good news are so hard to spread in Nigeria. Few months ago the news was everywhere, even it found it way to front page here on nairaland. Four tomatoes goes for as high as N500, no thanks to tuta absoluta also known as tomato ebola that ravaged tomato fields driving prices up astronomically. Here on nairaland some people goes as far as accusing Buhari's government of being responsible for the scarcity.
Fast forward to july, no media not even nairaland has reported that tomatoes are now cheap and readily available in the market thereby giving the notion that good news are not news.

Have u been sleeping. The news has been on fp since today.
Re: Now That Tomato Is Back by aspirebig: 10:10pm On Jul 31, 2016
Thank God Tomato is cheap.

I am still waiting for when competitive pricing will make petrol price to be N50 per litre.

When one N1 equals 1$

When the inflation rate will go back to a single digit.

When electricity price will be reversed,as we are currently paying for darkness.

When most federal roads will be fixed without the government giving excuses.

When the 'All Promises Cancel' government will live to their change mantra and stop taking Nigerians for granted!

As a matter of fact,the tomoatoes price is the last thing that ever worry me. I will be happier if the petrol price crashes !

1 Like

Re: Now That Tomato Is Back by jswagg4(m): 10:20pm On Jul 31, 2016
siraj1402:
The naming ceremony of my boys was during the scarcity, a basket goes for 35k and I bought 2 plus 4 ram was like begging of financial crisis for me. Thank God my boys are now 3 months plus and the whole family now use N100 tomatoes for a week. angry
so you're saying you spent 70k on tomatoes alone?

1 Like

Re: Now That Tomato Is Back by olowo72(m): 10:22pm On Jul 31, 2016
Konpresor012:
Media is meant to spray bad news only.
speaking from the depth of your ignorance.
Re: Now That Tomato Is Back by Coolgent(m): 10:27pm On Jul 31, 2016
siraj1402:
The naming ceremony of my boys was during the scarcity, a basket goes for 35k and I bought 2 plus 4 ram was like begging of financial crisis for me. Thank God my boys are now 3 months plus and the whole family now use N100 tomatoes for a week. angry
Beautiful guys, I can see the first from left is the boss!
May Allah albarkate them.
Re: Now That Tomato Is Back by Harwoyeez(m): 10:32pm On Jul 31, 2016
Op don't you know that bad news spread faster??
Re: Now That Tomato Is Back by Tintinnoty(m): 10:39pm On Jul 31, 2016
Irishrena1:

If you had taken the time to read through the thread you would have seen another post of mine where I said that its now cheaper but not as cheap as what #800 at the source would make me expect it to be in PH. And yeah I've noticed you! Next? Please swerve. This is what happens when you always score zero in your reading and comprehension tests.

To you taking their otherwise useful time to quote me, I guess you do not understand when I say that I would have expected it to be cheaper over here if it goes for #800/basket at the source (North). That's why I asked if the OP (you) has (have) confirmed it.

When threads were opened during the time of tomato Ebola, the OPs tried to substantiate with pics of tomatoes they bought dearly.

thanks for reminding me that i have issues comprehending post but read through my post i neva mentioned basket of tomatoes going 4 N800. Am sure you picked that from a post that was on fp earlier today
Re: Now That Tomato Is Back by shamecurls(m): 10:41pm On Jul 31, 2016
[size=18pt]Indonesians wont like this News[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Now That Tomato Is Back by lateef1993: 10:41pm On Jul 31, 2016
kudos! we hope dollar drops to below #100 too feeling optimistic.
Re: Now That Tomato Is Back by rodimus(m): 10:45pm On Jul 31, 2016
Youngetskilz23:
who tomato epp?

It is not every posy that this slogan fits in except you are being very cunning.
The farmers sell the tomatoes to the middle men to make money....so tomato epp am.
The middle men sell to retailers and make money as well.....tomato epp am too
Retailers sell to you and I to make many....another person tomato epp.
Then all man dey use tomato chop rice n things to give vitamins......tomato epp all man too.....
So maybe you need check that kwesion again?

2 Likes

Re: Now That Tomato Is Back by Irishrena1(f): 10:51pm On Jul 31, 2016
Tintinnoty:

thanks for reminding me that i have issues comprehending post but read through my post i neva mentioned basket of tomatoes going 4 N800. Am sure you picked that from a post that was on fp earlier today
Yet again you fail to comprehend. You were just like
"Yeah I ma open a thread about the falling price of tomatoes, it sure will get a lot of responses, then I ma quote some people and spew whatever comes to mind, it sure will get me attention'.

Show me where I said that you are the one that said a basket goes for "#800?". But in one of your posts you mentioned that you can use #100 worth to cook a pot rait? So because you're not the one that talked about a basket going for #800 somebody cannot ask you if you have confirmed that the price of tomatoes has plummeted so well?

Probably if you had substantiated your thread with pics of your #100 tomatoes you wouldn't have had cause to show your lack of comprehension.

Attention seeker
Re: Now That Tomato Is Back by Safari29: 10:59pm On Jul 31, 2016
All is well
Re: Now That Tomato Is Back by kuresamuel(m): 11:03pm On Jul 31, 2016
vikkeee:
Still haven't experienced this "cheapness" oh ...

abi e never rich our side?

still looking for a cheap spot ooooo
Re: Now That Tomato Is Back by EbolaParasite: 11:07pm On Jul 31, 2016
kolaaderin:
My wife got a whole big basket for 2400 naira at mile 12 today. The enemies will have nothing to say now except to look all around to smear this government in total bad light just for the hatred of Buhari.

Poverty mentality dey worry you. Why should anyone praise or announce the fact that tomato is cheaper now? Is tomato meant to be expensive?
Very soon, you will ask that they praise the government for giving you air to breathe. Tomato being cheap is not new. That has always been the norm. On the other hand, when tomatoes hit 35k, it was a "NEW" HIGH so what did you expect. Abeg go and come and seat down juh.

1 Like

Re: Now That Tomato Is Back by Rexnegro(m): 11:11pm On Jul 31, 2016
OlajumokeBread:
Click like if you want a basket of tomato to be sold for 89 thousand naira.

who open Your cage?

1 Like

Re: Now That Tomato Is Back by Fynestboi: 11:15pm On Jul 31, 2016
Nice.

Now am waiting for the price of rice that keeps increasing every week here, to calm down sad

cool
Re: Now That Tomato Is Back by niggi4life(m): 11:34pm On Jul 31, 2016
siraj1402:
The naming ceremony of my boys was during the scarcity, a basket goes for 35k and I bought 2 plus 4 rams was like beginning of financial crisis for me. Thank God my boys are now 3 months plus and the whole family now use N100 tomatoes for a week. angry
Big Bro! Those are really nice and lovely kids you've got there, i tap into your blessings bro.
May you grow old to see them succeed and excel in life!
Nice one brov, I'm proud of you

3 Likes

Re: Now That Tomato Is Back by Tintinnoty(m): 11:54pm On Jul 31, 2016
VictorRomanov:

Have u been sleeping. The news has been on fp since today.
i've created this thread before the other thread abt same issue made it to fp
Re: Now That Tomato Is Back by Konpresor012(m): 12:04am On Aug 01, 2016
hmmm
Re: Now That Tomato Is Back by eitsei(m): 2:58am On Aug 01, 2016
Jombojombo:
So this is Buhari's achievement?

Zombie na zombie
it was his fault when it became expensive but not his achievement when it became cheap

Everything bad na buhari's fault but every good thing no be his doing

Wailers will keep wailing

2 Likes

Re: Now That Tomato Is Back by qizhen0926: 4:31am On Aug 01, 2016
After many years of wooden pallets, to be honest almost to the day, guests are exposed wooden pallets ask how much money such an issue? It's no wonder, because most people still care about how much money a wooden pallet, because the need to consider the cost of inputs, today wooden pallets experts dedicated to this issue brought out wooden pallets and we talk about this in the end how much money a?Electric Side Forklift With Victory Brand

Well, we do not say the complex, directly an ordinary wooden pallets 1200 * 1000 What is the price? We say that the general price of 70-80, bearing in about 1 ton, but this is just an ordinary pallet, turnover only for domestic use, if exports, so the price is not to take, because the quality of professional export pallets are required.JL HDPE Plastic Elastic Cargo Pallet Net

The first is not there can not have the urge to bark, wooden pallets moisture content to compliance, not too much water, this series of requirements, we need a selection of wooden pallets required material itself, followed by dehydration and drying is required, in that fumigated in the past, can only exit, after this series, the export price is basically almost ninety hundreds tray, of course, if you have here a detailed drawing of wooden pallets, it is another matter, we follow the paper size and requirements to offer;JL HDPE Plastic Elastic Cargo Pallet Net
Re: Now That Tomato Is Back by Nobody: 4:37am On Aug 01, 2016
All those igbos wnt be happy seeing this grin
Re: Now That Tomato Is Back by adebayo3449(m): 4:47am On Aug 01, 2016
Jombojombo:
So this is Buhari's achievement?

Zombie na zombie
Buh when it was 25k he caused it?
Now zombie Smh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See The Onion I Bought #200 / Burger With Cornflakes Inside: My Experience At An Eatery / 6 Terrible Cooking Practices You Need To Stop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.