Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,119 members, 7,828,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

Chicken And Chips (and How To Prepare Them) - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Chicken And Chips (and How To Prepare Them) (44186 Views)

Top 3 Hausa Food And How To Prepare Them (photos) / Where Can I Learn How To Make Grilled Chicken And Chips / Man Kills Monkeys In Port-Harcourt, Uses Them To Prepare Pepper Soup. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chicken And Chips (and How To Prepare Them) by Khez: 11:10pm On Jul 31, 2016
haa fry two times ke?op why fry double times ni ?and which be bread crump abi wetin you call am ni
Re: Chicken And Chips (and How To Prepare Them) by nagodesmile18(f): 11:14pm On Jul 31, 2016
Yummy,,,
Re: Chicken And Chips (and How To Prepare Them) by Shobizz(m): 11:20pm On Jul 31, 2016
ibe9ja:

I never fit follow simple instruction on how to make eba, na chiken and chips jamb comprehension passage instruction I go fit follow?
Funny you. But u can give a try if u love/like cøoking

Op thanks 4d thread it really cool i no fit try dat now personally I gat no money 2 waste.

I notice irish potatoe are mostly used can i use sweet potatoe.
Thanks
Re: Chicken And Chips (and How To Prepare Them) by ststyreal(f): 11:27pm On Jul 31, 2016
chimah3:
Recipe for chicken and chips kwa!!!??

If you can't make this before now...just give up cooking in your life already!!!
Abeg go Sidon, u think say na everybody get money to dey buy chicken chop?. I don't know how to prepare it before now, so wat? Please shift make I learn better thing.

4 Likes

Re: Chicken And Chips (and How To Prepare Them) by leofab(f): 12:09am On Aug 01, 2016
Nice
Re: Chicken And Chips (and How To Prepare Them) by korexdodo(m): 1:09am On Aug 01, 2016
Just Google it na!
ayoolanr:

WTF is MIRANADE?
Re: Chicken And Chips (and How To Prepare Them) by Nobody: 2:01am On Aug 01, 2016
Ya this is home made. Na me chop am with ketchup

1 Like

Re: Chicken And Chips (and How To Prepare Them) by justmenoni: 5:36am On Aug 01, 2016
Blend tomatoes, add sugar and Maggi and voila you've got ketchup grin grin

frisky2good:
I already know how to make chicken and chips. Just teach me how to make ketchup and I will be grateful forever.
Re: Chicken And Chips (and How To Prepare Them) by sonnie10: 5:57am On Aug 01, 2016
Na French fries OP dey call Chips?
Re: Chicken And Chips (and How To Prepare Them) by uzolexis(f): 6:10am On Aug 01, 2016
Khez:
haa fry two times ke?op why fry double times ni ?and which be bread crump abi wetin you call am ni

hian, you don't know bread crumbs
shey you no dey chop bread ni
bread crunbs is sold on it's own in supermarkets.
Re: Chicken And Chips (and How To Prepare Them) by Emmysky(m): 6:11am On Aug 01, 2016
who has noticed that the ingredients for this meal is almost 10000 naira meanwhile it can only be eaten once

1 Like

Re: Chicken And Chips (and How To Prepare Them) by Ice007(m): 7:38am On Aug 01, 2016
ayoolanr:

WTF is MIRANADE?

I'm sure he meant marinate (v) (with the mixture of the lemon juice, salt & pepper serving as the marinade (n) )

2 Likes

Re: Chicken And Chips (and How To Prepare Them) by jayney404: 8:03am On Aug 01, 2016
This is really good. Would love to know what "miranade" means and if starchy potatoes are the irish or sweet ones. Thanks
Re: Chicken And Chips (and How To Prepare Them) by LOVEGINO(m): 8:05am On Aug 01, 2016
For dis present situation? Dey there dey waste time. Una never hungry
Re: Chicken And Chips (and How To Prepare Them) by Nobody: 8:05am On Aug 01, 2016
Ya this is home made. Na me chop am

Re: Chicken And Chips (and How To Prepare Them) by lonelydora: 9:02am On Aug 01, 2016
Coming from a man? Your wife must really be preparing for a very strong battle in the kitchen.
Re: Chicken And Chips (and How To Prepare Them) by Otunba4eva: 9:18am On Aug 01, 2016
Ops, won't one boil the chicken a little bit before mixing inside the flour ingredients and there after fry!.
Re: Chicken And Chips (and How To Prepare Them) by Carter4luv(m): 9:32am On Aug 01, 2016
and to b served wit fresh juicy oh my God.
Re: Chicken And Chips (and How To Prepare Them) by NZAGHA(f): 10:52am On Aug 01, 2016
Trina0936:
OP,you go make better husband oh! wink Oya,will you marry me? cheesy

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Chicken And Chips (and How To Prepare Them) by ceeceeuwa: 11:23am On Aug 01, 2016
ANIEXTY:
Has anyone els noticed that the chicken in the indomie pack has been replaced with an egg ?

nawa oooo! the kind hardship 4 naija now no be here!!
Half egg for that matter!

1 Like

Re: Chicken And Chips (and How To Prepare Them) by rosy4u(f): 12:09pm On Aug 01, 2016
NZAGHA:
#For Chips:

Ingredients:

*Potatoes (starchy potatoes preferably)
*Vegetable oil
*Salt

#Preparation:

*Use starchy potatoes
*Wash and slice the potatoes
*Soak them in water and add salt to it. Leave for 20mins. Or thereabout. Bring them out and allow to dry for a while.
*put the vegetable oil in a frypan and allow to be very hot. Add the potatoes and bring them out almost immediately.
*allow to cool completely.
*heat the oil again until very hot. Refry the potatoes.
*add salt to tastes

#For Chicken.

Ingredients:

*Chicken
*Flour
*Oil
*Garlic powder
*Eggs
*Milk
*Bread crumbs
*Pepper
*Salt
*All purpose flour
*Lemon Juice
*Red chilli powder

#Preparation:

*Wash and cut chicken into desired pieces. Dont remove skin. Set aside.
*Miranade the chicken for one hour using a mixture of the lemon juice, red chilli powder and salt.
*Beat egg in a bowl and add milk. Whisk thoroughly.
*In another bowl, add flour, garlic powder, red chilli, bread crumbs and salt and mix together.
*Put the chicken in the flour mixture and allow it to coat the chicken.
*Then dip the chicken to the whisked egg and milk and coat again with the flour.
*Heat oil in a frypan and then deep fry the chicken until it turns golden brown.

#For salad.

#Ingredients.

*Lettuce
*Cabbage
*Ketchup
*Tomatoes

#Preparation

*Cut the vegetables into desired shape and mix together.
*Serve as dressing for chicken and chips.
*Put ketchup by the side of the plate.

After this processes you're good to go. Food is ready. Oya chopping mode activated.

http://newstrumpet..com/2016/07/food-chicken-and-chips-how-to-prepare.html

*Kneels down*

Op, will u marry me? cry cry
Re: Chicken And Chips (and How To Prepare Them) by graciousme(f): 4:16pm On Aug 01, 2016
Hello food lovers,

My name is Kemi Oladipo. I recently completed a course on 'Biosafety of plant Biotechnology' at Marche Polytechnic University,Ancona,Italy.

I am currently conducting a survey on the 'Readiness of Nigerians for the commercialization of genetically modified crops in Nigeria'. I am using the social media and other associated entities to share the survey.
I will your support and provide you a medium to express your opinion about genetically modified foods in Nigeria. Please find the link to the survey below.

Available to answer any question. Kind regards,

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScLvbgIbUnannWQCz01AW8FIVT1aq4JCba1ki6lQV84QAcKBQ/viewform?c=0&w=1

Kemi
Re: Chicken And Chips (and How To Prepare Them) by chimah3(m): 12:06am On Aug 02, 2016
ststyreal:

Abeg go Sidon, u think say na everybody get money to dey buy chicken chop?. I don't know how to prepare it before now, so wat? Please shift make I learn better thing.

Learn well ma!
Re: Chicken And Chips (and How To Prepare Them) by bollify(m): 8:43am On Aug 02, 2016
ayoolanr:

WTF is MIRANADE?

He meant marinate/marinade

That's a way of soaking meat or fish to give it a particular flavour before frying
Re: Chicken And Chips (and How To Prepare Them) by bollify(m): 8:57am On Aug 02, 2016
Shobizz:

Funny you. But u can give a try if u love/like cøoking

Op thanks 4d thread it really cool i no fit try dat now personally I gat no money 2 waste.

I notice irish potatoe are mostly used can i use sweet potatoe.
Thanks

Both potatoes (irish and sweet potatoes) are starchy potatoes and hence very good in making french fries. I think sweet potatoes even have slightly higher percentage of starch compare to irish potatoes.
Re: Chicken And Chips (and How To Prepare Them) by bollify(m): 9:01am On Aug 02, 2016
Otunba4eva:
Ops, won't one boil the chicken a little bit before mixing inside the flour ingredients and there after fry!.

You don't have to boil. That's why you marinate.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Cake Design A Man Ordered Vs What He Received (Photos) / Popular Congolese Delicacy Called Mbinzo (photos) / How Much Is A Crate Of Egg In Your Area?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.