Stats: 3,153,639 members, 7,820,237 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

This Is What Can Happen When World Population Reaches 18 Billion - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / This Is What Can Happen When World Population Reaches 18 Billion (5067 Views)

Things That Only Happen When It’s Really Hot Outside / 5 Things That Happen When You Graduate With A Poor CGPA / 5 Things That Happen When You Graduate With A Poor CGPA (2) (3) (4)

This Is What Can Happen When World Population Reaches 18 Billion by BizLifeE: 12:50am On Aug 01, 2016
What can happen when world population reaches 18 billion?

The world will not reach 18 billion people, for the same reason that you cannot sail a yacht in your bathtub.

Many scientists think Earth has a maximum carrying capacity of 9 billion to 10 billion people. This is based on mass refusal to give up eating meat. Around 10 billion people is the uppermost population limit where food is concerned. It's probably not quite even that many. The truth is that nobody really knows, but a world with 18 billion people would mean a lot more people starving and living in poverty, which would mean far more conflict. Things would be bad!

While it is said that all (current) 7.3 billion humans could fit inside of New York City, space isn't the issue. (And that's a terrible idea!) The real limiting factors are finite resources, especially food and water.

Other factors for limiting human growth on Earth are the nitrogen cycle, available quantities of phosphorus, atmospheric carbon concentrations, not to mention fossil fuels or whatever replaces them.

The good news is that the UN says we are a population close to being in decline. Globally, the fertility rate is falling to the replacement level of 2.1 children per woman, which is the rate at which children replace their parents and make up for those who die. If the global fertility rate does indeed reach replacement level by the end of the century, then the human population will stabilize between 9 billion and 10 billion.

Source: https://www.quora.com/What-can-happen-when-world-population-reaches-18-billion

Neteller here: www..com.ng

Re: This Is What Can Happen When World Population Reaches 18 Billion by Estimable(m): 5:02am On Aug 01, 2016
Interesting
Re: This Is What Can Happen When World Population Reaches 18 Billion by DjAndroid: 5:20am On Aug 01, 2016
Very soon, time will be no more!

Re: This Is What Can Happen When World Population Reaches 18 Billion by veekid(m): 6:19am On Aug 01, 2016
Quora and intelligent people
Re: This Is What Can Happen When World Population Reaches 18 Billion by zeberebe: 6:53am On Aug 01, 2016
Re: This Is What Can Happen When World Population Reaches 18 Billion by Thukzee01(m): 6:54am On Aug 01, 2016
Shey u have count alhaji Danladi family, they are a community

Re: This Is What Can Happen When World Population Reaches 18 Billion by Raydos: 7:21am On Aug 01, 2016
If This Happen.

I'll Just Kill Myself And Run Away grin

Re: This Is What Can Happen When World Population Reaches 18 Billion by dkronicle(m): 8:01am On Aug 01, 2016
Mtchew another nonsense. Were they not thesame scientists that predicted end of the world.. They eat gworo a lot.

Re: This Is What Can Happen When World Population Reaches 18 Billion by boss1310(m): 8:09am On Aug 01, 2016
my own be say let them not start another world war to reduce population o

Re: This Is What Can Happen When World Population Reaches 18 Billion by Heromaniaa: 8:18am On Aug 01, 2016
There is a grand plan to sustain the world through the scheme of survival by elimination. The rich cabals do not want anything that will threaten their position in the food chain. Yes of course, The world will never reach hit 18 billion peeps, rather it will shrink and in the process wipe off the weak.

Re: This Is What Can Happen When World Population Reaches 18 Billion by Osmondinho(m): 8:21am On Aug 01, 2016
Maybe we will reach the apocalypse day

Cannibalism will now take over!!!

Say No to more than 3kids

Re: This Is What Can Happen When World Population Reaches 18 Billion by johncallidon(m): 8:21am On Aug 01, 2016
dkronicle:
Mtchew another nonsense. Where they not thesame scientists that predicted end of the world.. They eat gworo a lot.
...... still wondering the same thing.

Re: This Is What Can Happen When World Population Reaches 18 Billion by Nobody: 8:26am On Aug 01, 2016
veekid:
Quora and intelligent people

very true. since I joined quora I've added immensely to my knowledge. na their I no say naija dey learn for knowledge
Re: This Is What Can Happen When World Population Reaches 18 Billion by Nobody: 8:50am On Aug 01, 2016
boss1310:
my own be say let them not start another world war to reduce population o

Or introduce another biological weapon

Re: This Is What Can Happen When World Population Reaches 18 Billion by Nobody: 8:55am On Aug 01, 2016
The world won't be that populated, a combination of nature and viral outbreaks will keep the population in check.

Haven't you seen enough movies ? grin
The brothers Grimsby
Kingsmen: secret service
World war Z
The black Death
Anthrax
Ebola
World War III [ targeting the Chinese]
There's enough ways for people to die.

Re: This Is What Can Happen When World Population Reaches 18 Billion by tspun(m): 9:49am On Aug 01, 2016
Interesting
Re: This Is What Can Happen When World Population Reaches 18 Billion by Nobody: 10:33am On Aug 01, 2016
Earth can still take more than 15billion.
But we really need to start investing more on science instead of religion that has never done anything for us.

Imagine donating all the money we spend on churches or mosques for the course of science.
Those mega churches are turned to mega science laboratories and research facilities.

Human would have successfully explored other planets and maybe colonised them.

That's why they say, religion slows down science.

Re: This Is What Can Happen When World Population Reaches 18 Billion by Nobody: 10:44am On Aug 01, 2016
Some quarters attribute the growth in global population to a certain fast-growing religion shocked
Re: This Is What Can Happen When World Population Reaches 18 Billion by Adesiji77: 11:02am On Aug 01, 2016
Interesting...
Re: This Is What Can Happen When World Population Reaches 18 Billion by mendezpedrotti(m): 11:17am On Aug 01, 2016
https://www.nairaland.com/trending:its workin check out guys n'payme later:
Re: This Is What Can Happen When World Population Reaches 18 Billion by Funnyguy83: 11:36am On Aug 01, 2016
Re: This Is What Can Happen When World Population Reaches 18 Billion by katty235(f): 12:11pm On Aug 01, 2016
Katty0235 @ slumcat

The world I going to end soon.
Re: This Is What Can Happen When World Population Reaches 18 Billion by slumcat(m): 1:08pm On Aug 01, 2016
katty235:
Katty0235 @ slumcat
lol. what platform are you on?
Re: This Is What Can Happen When World Population Reaches 18 Billion by slumcat(m): 1:08pm On Aug 01, 2016
katty235:
Katty0235 @ slumcat

Re: This Is What Can Happen When World Population Reaches 18 Billion by slumcat(m): 1:09pm On Aug 01, 2016
katty235:
Katty0235 @ slumcat

Re: This Is What Can Happen When World Population Reaches 18 Billion by katty235(f): 1:09pm On Aug 01, 2016
slumcat:

lol. what platform are you on?
Kik
Re: This Is What Can Happen When World Population Reaches 18 Billion by slumcat(m): 1:11pm On Aug 01, 2016
katty235:
Kik
OK. I'll msg you when I get on Kik.
Re: This Is What Can Happen When World Population Reaches 18 Billion by oglalasioux(m): 1:17pm On Aug 01, 2016
Who cares what happens if global population hits 100 billion? Religion said multiply and fill the earth. We are going to marry more wives and have as many children as possible even if they end up as almajiris, armed robbers and prostitutes. No statistical research should save us from this self destruct mode. We are obeying the bible.

Re: This Is What Can Happen When World Population Reaches 18 Billion by katty235(f): 1:48pm On Aug 01, 2016
slumcat:

OK. I'll msg you when I get on Kik.
Thanks bro

10 Of The Craziest Military Training Exercises / Nigerian Universities And Their Jamb/utme Cut-off Marks For 2013/2014 + Some Pol / 10 Facts About The SEVIS Fee