Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,937 members, 7,952,776 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:02 AM

Peter Ololo: Biggest Bank Debtor. Nigeria's Madoff? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Peter Ololo: Biggest Bank Debtor. Nigeria's Madoff? (19610 Views)

Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! / Nigerian's Madoff: Peter Ololo:-the Man Who Brought Down The Banks / Peter Ololo: The Man Who Brought Down The Banks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Ololo: Biggest Bank Debtor. Nigeria's Madoff? by mikeoscar: 2:45pm On Sep 22, 2009
@recognise
Wetin be this naa, you for just give excerpts/summary or snopsis and point us to a link or the source. You will obviously let a good article lose it's content by this lengthy post. I struggled to keep concentration till the end. Good information all the same.
Re: Peter Ololo: Biggest Bank Debtor. Nigeria's Madoff? by emiemi(f): 2:47pm On Sep 22, 2009
Quote from Borat
This guy owes billions, but what he doesnt know is he can offset his debt with just 100 naira!
How? Buy a strong rope. . .!

Ol' boy this your contribution na wa o. But who wan die now? grin
Re: Peter Ololo: Biggest Bank Debtor. Nigeria's Madoff? by chosen04(f): 5:45pm On Sep 22, 2009
emiemi:

Quote from Borat
This guy owes billions, but what he doesnt know is he can offset his debt with just 100 naira!
How? Buy a strong rope. . .!

Ol' boy this your contribution na wa o. But who wan die now? grin

But u mean say life still dey sweet this debtor of man?. I no fit owe that kind money and still dey alive. I for don commit,
Re: Peter Ololo: Biggest Bank Debtor. Nigeria's Madoff? by dipo2much(m): 3:40am On Sep 23, 2009
the banks kept borrowing him funds even when they knew he was owing. He didnt owe that much in a day. The banks are to blame
Re: Peter Ololo: Biggest Bank Debtor. Nigeria's Madoff? by hbrednic: 4:10am On Sep 23, 2009
it is not a crime to borrow and never will be cool cool
Re: Peter Ololo: Biggest Bank Debtor. Nigeria's Madoff? by ayobase(m): 6:13pm On Sep 23, 2009
We need more of this people in this nation!

Nigeria Is Blessed.
Re: Peter Ololo: Biggest Bank Debtor. Nigeria's Madoff? by nigboy(m): 4:30am On Sep 24, 2009
What is he using all these money for?
Re: Peter Ololo: Biggest Bank Debtor. Nigeria's Madoff? by ud4u: 11:54am On Sep 24, 2009
Nigeria, there is corruption in every thing. God help us.
Re: Peter Ololo: Biggest Bank Debtor. Nigeria's Madoff? by eastOFwest(m): 12:24am On Sep 25, 2009
He was fronting for the banks. He was useful to the banks.

You can actually say that he was 419'd by the banks because they achieved their objectives (200% rise in share price).

The bank directors then offloaded their own shares unto the market making massive killings.

Meanwhile, Mr Ololo would be under obligation not to offload the mopped up shares until the directors have finished their 'business'.

So here's Mr Ololo stuck with these massive debts and over-priced stock, hoping to cook up some magic with these ingredients;  , perhaps sell at some point in the future (with that amount of volume, only a marginal increase is needed)?;  , perhaps collaterize the debts and move them on?;  ,  or perhaps just wait for the loans to be written off as bad debts leaving him stock rich (I understand Nigeria has some interesting laws regarding unserviced debts)?

However when time was called, guess who was left with his pants down?

This was most definately no Madoff or Buffet ting!

It was market manipulation of the most extreme kind, coupled with blatant insider trading!!!!!
Re: Peter Ololo: Biggest Bank Debtor. Nigeria's Madoff? by nethacker(m): 6:13pm On Sep 28, 2009
na ordianry 3million i need to further my education in USA,these idiots told me to bring my father's birth certificate.So shameful.They will all rot in hell grin
AMEN
Re: Peter Ololo: Biggest Bank Debtor. Nigeria's Madoff? by ozenyen(m): 8:45pm On Sep 28, 2009
what crime has this man committed? rendering a service or for owing.
being a debtor is not a criminal offence worst case charge him with bankrupcy.
you all should let Ololo be. he simply took a business risk which has backfired i believe that is bad enough.

he cannot be compared with manddof anyday.
QED
Re: Peter Ololo: Biggest Bank Debtor. Nigeria's Madoff? by opuro(m): 11:50am On Sep 29, 2009
nna i weep for naija o
so this is why you cant get money for real buisness deals
from banks in naija.
they will ask you for co and co laterals that they know you will not have
and incase you have, they can even ask for your grandmama exray! shocked
Re: Peter Ololo: Biggest Bank Debtor. Nigeria's Madoff? by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:15pm On Apr 11, 2017
opuro:
nna i weep for naija o
so this is why you cant get money for real buisness deals
from banks in naija.
they will ask you for co and co laterals that they know you will not have
and incase you have, they can even ask for your grandmama exray! shocked

Ololo was a phenomenon, AMCON must have taken over his debts
Re: Peter Ololo: Biggest Bank Debtor. Nigeria's Madoff? by Automistic: 10:47pm On May 19, 2022
A great gambler he was, understanding the trick..
Re: Peter Ololo: Biggest Bank Debtor. Nigeria's Madoff? by Rayd502(m): 8:41am On Jul 11, 2022
Where is he now?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Survive And Win During This Economic Recession / Woman, Two-yearold Son Detained Over Husband’s Debt (photo) / 5 Secrets About Making Money Online That You Should Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.