Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,288 members, 7,811,863 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:40 PM

Complete Guide On Choosing A Chicken Breed To Raise - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Complete Guide On Choosing A Chicken Breed To Raise (1026 Views)

How Many Bags Of Feed Do U Need To Raise 300 Broiler To 7 Weeks / Sell Four – Story Ladder Cage Chicken Breed Equipment / ... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Complete Guide On Choosing A Chicken Breed To Raise by kellyjoesteve: 10:52am On Aug 01, 2016
First i must say a big thank you to information for the wonderful works one can easily accomplish nowadays without much stress. Indeed like i promise few days ago that from time to time am going to be publishing post concerning Argo-poultry. First to help those who are planning to venture into that area of agriculture or to help guide those who are already into it. Having say that let head down to what we
have today. I believe you will totally agree with me that there are varieties of chickens to raise. Of course choosing a breed will depend on the kind of chicken that you want to raise.

Like there are chickens that seem healthy but come to egg-laying there capacity is frail while other chickens give out lots of eggs every day. Bear in mind that before finally choosing the right chicken to raise, you have to consider a lot of things. Which i took my time to list below:

First and foremost different angles must be taken into consideration like the place where your chickens will live. Do you have a big backyard? Is it wide enough to let your chosen number of chickens to roam? Though am still going to talk about this later. This i believe is one of the most important factor you have to think about since chickens differ in breeds – some are small and others are large.

Also, another Important factor is the environment you are living in. If you’re living along the equator, it is expected that the temperature within that place be, most of the time, scorching hot. But if you’re living somewhere up above or down below, it becomes colder. Now, which of the two are you? Don't worry much about this the solution is already before you. One or two application will help put this factor to rest.

Okay then there are cross breeds that can resist whatever the weather that may come. Production Reds is one of many typical examples. They can be tamed and are resistant to cold temperature. That is why, when you live in a place where it’s always cold, this breed is the right one for you. Typically Jos or some northern part of Nigeria i believe is okay.

The next one is Bantams: Bantam can be a little bit hardheaded. They love to fly around, a very good reason why pens can be worthless. These breeds are tough but pretty for their fluffiness is incomparable. They are not good in laying eggs but if they do, their product is very small and is not advisable for selling.

Next talk of the Pekins and Silkies: Indeed Pekins and Silkies: are two of the best choices when it comes to laying eggs. They come in various colors and types. If you try to crossbreed a silkie with a cochin bantam, you will have a wonderful breed because the outcome is a kind which never bit, hurt or clawed anyone as proven by top breeders. Continue http://careinsure..com.ng/2016/08/complete-guide-on-choosing-chicken.html

(1) (Reply)

Palm Oil Business / Cow's Breast Milk Extraction Machines For Sale! / Fresh 9ja Farm Live Chicken For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.