Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,182 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:24 AM

Beware Of Foreign Hosting - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Beware Of Foreign Hosting (2310 Views)

Awesome Foreign Hosting Package (3-year Hosting + Domain for less than 10k) / Please Where Can I Get Hosting With 5 Domains Package (foreign Hosting Only) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beware Of Foreign Hosting by olutope200: 10:02pm On Oct 30, 2009
cool Well. I use a foreign web hosting company based in US. for a year now. they're very reliable.
with 1 main account, you can host multiple websites.

http://www.HostMonster.Com/track/olutope
Re: Beware Of Foreign Hosting by Coder(m): 3:23pm On Oct 31, 2009
I won't call names, but beware of Nigerian Hosting. If you want to take this as a joke, you're welcome!
Re: Beware Of Foreign Hosting by lagoshost(m): 4:06pm On Oct 31, 2009
Well,

I will only say you do your research well before using any host.

You may also want to try lagoshost as it has one of the best support staff.
Re: Beware Of Foreign Hosting by dababex: 10:59am On Nov 01, 2009
afan nnaji, i find your post very educative, i would really like to meet with you cos i have been carrying out research in having your own webhost business, the truth is this foreign based webhost really give suberb webhost and other interesting features, i have been using one for 3years now and they are very reliable, but i would want to have mine and offer all they offered me with same price, like unlimited bandwidth,unlimited email accounts etc
Re: Beware Of Foreign Hosting by Afam4eva(m): 4:07pm On Nov 01, 2009
It's not only stupid but laughable to say that foreign host are not reliable. I don't know whexpect to get why people will pay $3 for a hosting service and expect to get top notch service.
Re: Beware Of Foreign Hosting by Afam(m): 5:02pm On Nov 03, 2009
dababex:

afan nnaji, i find your post very educative, i would really like to meet with you cos i have been carrying out research in having your own webhost business, the truth is this foreign based webhost really give suberb webhost and other interesting features, i have been using one for 3years now and they are very reliable, but i would want to have mine and offer all they offered me with same price, like unlimited bandwidth,unlimited email accounts etc

You can't offer unlimited bandwidth or unlimited email accounts on the cheap because bandwidth costs a lot of money.

Now, as regards running a regular web hosting business in Nigeria I won't advice that since no single ISP is reliable regardless of their claims. By reliable I mean 99% not even 99.99% and the customer service support of even the most popular ISPs don't measure up.

If I can get a reliable ISP I will run a successful web hosting business here in Nigeria and throw in a full 30 days inverter backup system to guarantee steady power supply.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wapsite Builders Needed. / How Do I Cash Out My Earnings From Bidvertiser? / Paying For Themeforest Themes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.