Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,601 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

S6 Edge Vs Oneplus 3 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / S6 Edge Vs Oneplus 3 (3570 Views)

Xiaomi Mi 6 Vs. Oneplus 5 Vs. S8+ / Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Vs iPhone 7 / Oneplus 3 Vs Oneplus 2 Vs Oneplus X: Which Should You Choose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

S6 Edge Vs Oneplus 3 by flexya: 1:37pm On Aug 01, 2016
I wish to replace my Samsung s4, which has served me well for 3yrs. Before that, it was a S2. So you can say I like Samsung but I would consider alternatives if the performance and quality (build, looks and image) warrants it.

I had narrowed my choices down to the S6 Edge (I like the looks over the S6) and LG G4. I however learnt from reviews a that the G4 has problems picking up signals and has low battery issues. So I ruled it out Was set for the S6 Edge until I came across the Oneplus 3 review. So now am not sure which to buy. The specs favour the Oneplus but the teamsheet also favoured England over Iceland, Lol. Not seen the Oneplus live

Please advise on which or is there anything else. The Gionee M5plus doesn't quite have the "look". I am not a Iphone person.
Re: S6 Edge Vs Oneplus 3 by sseunth(m): 1:41pm On Aug 01, 2016
i am also a samsung lover.....samsung over any other phone....go for s6 edge...u wont regret it....

i have been using my s4 since 2013 and no issue with it till now.....no money to change the phone yet.....

go for s6 edge or note 5 (edge)

1 Like

Re: S6 Edge Vs Oneplus 3 by Dullahi(m): 2:24pm On Aug 01, 2016
The OnePlus 3 is more 'Future Proof' because of the following;

USB Type C

Better Processor (Exynos 7420 vs Snapdragon 820 and Lots of Ram).

Quality Build (Metal over Glass)

Developer Support for Custom Roms if you're into that kind of stuff.

Comes with Android 6.0 out of the box.

My reasons to go for the S6 Edge are coming.

5 Likes

Re: S6 Edge Vs Oneplus 3 by Dullahi(m): 2:35pm On Aug 01, 2016
My reasons for you to go with the S6 Edge:
You might have to import the OnePlus 3. Additional charges
Availability of parts e.g. Screens
Better Screen Quality and resolution 2k vs 1080p
Better software and Camera.
If you must go for the S6 Edge, go for the 64/128GB version.

2 Likes

Re: S6 Edge Vs Oneplus 3 by Lexusgs430: 11:31pm On Aug 07, 2016
flexya:
I wish to replace my Samsung s4, which has served me well for 3yrs. Before that, it was a S2. So you can say I like Samsung but I would consider alternatives if the performance and quality (build, looks and image) warrants it.

I had narrowed my choices down to the S6 Edge (I like the looks over the S6) and LG G4. I however learnt from reviews a that the G4 has problems picking up signals and has low battery issues. So I ruled it out Was set for the S6 Edge until I came across the Oneplus 3 review. So now am not sure which to buy. The specs favour the Oneplus but the teamsheet also favoured England over Iceland, Lol. Not seen the Oneplus live

Please advise on which or is there anything else. The Gionee M5plus doesn't quite have the "look". I am not a Iphone person.

Go for the oneplus 3 (soft gold). I just bought it with the dash charger (£357).
Its a lovely device and has loads of positive reviews across board.
Oneplus also released an update to utilize all the installed Ram's.
Re: S6 Edge Vs Oneplus 3 by lynxnoon(m): 7:38am On Aug 08, 2016
Oneplus 3
Got one too
... u wont regret it wink

3 Likes

Re: S6 Edge Vs Oneplus 3 by mjay(m): 5:33pm On Aug 08, 2016
Using it to reply. 6 gig Ram over 4gig of A Samsung. Very sleek and hmmmm it's a lovely gadget, dual sim and the dash charger works like magic.. Ur choice though.
Re: S6 Edge Vs Oneplus 3 by mikkyokilo: 5:41pm On Aug 08, 2016
I have a Playstation 3 Super slim 12GB, one pad, HDMI cable, power cable and one CD fifa13 with Sony Playstation Portable with 8GB memory card and games such as GTA, God of war, Pes15 etc with both charger and pouch. I'm selling them combined for 40,000, I'm also opened to swap with any good android phone like S4 plus cash. Reach me on 08177634209. Thanks
Re: S6 Edge Vs Oneplus 3 by Olalekanbanky1(m): 6:17pm On Aug 08, 2016
flexya:

How much is the oneplus. U just made me have interest
Re: S6 Edge Vs Oneplus 3 by mjay(m): 6:35pm On Aug 08, 2016
I doubt you can get it now for less than 160k cos of the outrageous exchange rate. The official price is $400 add shipment multiply by exchange rate. Plus the commission of whoever is helping you order. Sold one for 150k just last week, but can't do that price anymore. Gud luck in your quest.
Re: S6 Edge Vs Oneplus 3 by Olalekanbanky1(m): 7:05pm On Aug 08, 2016
mjay:
I doubt you can get it now for less than 160k cos of the outrageous exchange rate. The official price is $400 add shipment multiply by exchange rate. Plus the commission of whoever is helping you order. Sold one for 150k just last week, but can't do that price anymore. Gud luck in your quest.
which one ur talking about bro? Samsung or oneplus
Re: S6 Edge Vs Oneplus 3 by Nobody: 8:52pm On Aug 08, 2016
Olalekanbanky1:
which one ur talking about bro? Samsung or oneplus

Oneplus of course.
Re: S6 Edge Vs Oneplus 3 by Olalekanbanky1(m): 12:46am On Aug 09, 2016
greenhulk:

Oneplus of course.

Yeh! Kilode
Re: S6 Edge Vs Oneplus 3 by Nobody: 2:59am On Aug 09, 2016
Olalekanbanky1:

Yeh! Kilode

Oneplus 3 is sold for $400. At the rate of N350 per $ that's 140k. When u add shipping and all that then u won't be too far off.
Re: S6 Edge Vs Oneplus 3 by Jeffy1206(m): 5:02am On Aug 09, 2016
Opo any day but not over the s7 edge tho...

Get this phone for as low as 130k plus many free accessories.... Check my signature and my official thread here on Nairaland to make your order.
Re: S6 Edge Vs Oneplus 3 by mjay(m): 5:22am On Aug 09, 2016
Jeffy1206:
Opo any day but not over the s7 edge tho...
Get this phone for as low as 130k plus many free accessories.... Check my signature and my official thread here on Nairaland to make your order.

I seriously hope it's the one plus3 from the the stable of oneplus. Though nothing is impossible, Clones might be out there so watch your back.
Re: S6 Edge Vs Oneplus 3 by Lexusgs430: 6:51pm On Aug 09, 2016
Go for the OnePlus 3(Soft Gold) I already ordered mine and expecting delivery on Friday.
Received an alert on my smartwatch, delivery via DHL

Re: S6 Edge Vs Oneplus 3 by Phonefanatic: 7:39pm On Aug 09, 2016
When you are done with OP3 phone and ready to sell it only then you will understand what resell value means.

1 Like

Re: S6 Edge Vs Oneplus 3 by kellystech(m): 9:11pm On Aug 09, 2016
Phonefanatic:
When you are done with OP3 phone and ready to sell it only then you will understand what resell value means.
lol
Re: S6 Edge Vs Oneplus 3 by Lexusgs430: 11:16pm On Aug 09, 2016
Phonefanatic:

For someone that wants to sell, I am not selling mine. On the flipside compare the selling price now to any flagship device(brand new).
The price you pay for the OP3 now, would pale into insignificance, considering the discount at new against flagship devices.
Re: S6 Edge Vs Oneplus 3 by Phonefanatic: 12:10am On Aug 10, 2016
Lexusgs430:

For someone that wants to sell, I am not selling mine. On the flipside compare the selling price now to any flagship device(brand new).
The price you pay for the OP3 now, would pale into insignificance, considering the discount at new against flagship devices.

You are expecting delivery and you have concluded you won't sell and how much is the total cost you've spent to buy ad ship the phone down here? Have you considered how difficult it may be to replace any part of this phone if it gets faulty?

1 Like

Re: S6 Edge Vs Oneplus 3 by Lexusgs430: 12:28am On Aug 10, 2016
Phonefanatic:

You are expecting delivery and you have concluded you won't sell and how much is the total cost you've spent to buy ad ship the phone down here? Have you considered how difficult it may be to replace any part of this phone if it gets faulty?

It's not for sale, but for personal use. When I get tired of it, it ends up in my gadget bin.
If it develops a fault, manufacturers warranty would sort it out(1 year warranty).
It cost me about £360(I thought the dash charger was an optional extra and bought it). But device comes with dash charger, so would be returning the dash charger bundle for a refund.
So it brings cost of the unit to £329.00

1 Like

Re: S6 Edge Vs Oneplus 3 by Baroba(m): 4:59am On Aug 10, 2016
Phonefanatic:

Have you considered Lexuegs430 might not be living in Nigeria, The phone cost £329 in UK, went up by £20 after Brits voted to leave the union.. He quoted prices consistent with UK buyers hence my suspicion..

Returns and repairs can be difficult with One plus unlike other big manufacturers but it comes with a years warranty. Office of fair trading UK will let them know about it if they refuse to honour terms of the warranty unlike in Nigeria where you haven't got such back up or a functioning one.. I use the one plus one, paid £277 back in 2014, it sells on eBay for £150 plus or minus, that's tech for you, value depreciates rapidly, companies churning out devices at ridiculous pace..

Yes, some phones have higher resale value than others, i.e iphone, but thats not the reason some people buy gadgets. Personally, i buy what i like, once am done i hand it over to somebody.. Phones starts depreciating after a few weeks of release..
Re: S6 Edge Vs Oneplus 3 by Baroba(m): 5:05am On Aug 10, 2016
Lexusgs430:

It's not for sale, but for personal use. When I get tired of it, it ends up in my gadget bin.
If it develops a fault, manufacturers warranty would sort it out(1 year warranty).
It cost me about £360(I thought the dash charger was an optional extra and bought it). But device comes with dash charger, so would be returning the dash charger bundle for a refund.

Abeg how is the battery, my 2014 One plus had an amazing battery on kitkat, but tanked on lolipop..

I want to upgrade from my trusty One plus one to OP3, I need something with a better camera. you fit give me pros and cons.. Thanks
Re: S6 Edge Vs Oneplus 3 by Phonefanatic: 8:06am On Aug 10, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Well I assume you aren't in Nigeria like someone pointed out else you will understand the word "refund" doesn't work here and the pain of waiting for replacement could take months.
It's a perfect phone if you live off the shores of Nigeria otherwise lots needs to be considered before buying.
Re: S6 Edge Vs Oneplus 3 by Phonefanatic: 8:12am On Aug 10, 2016
Baroba:

Have you considered Lexuegs430 might not be living in Nigeria, The phone cost £329 in UK, went up by £20 after Brits voted to leave the union.. He quoted prices consistent with UK buyers hence my suspicion..

Returns and repairs can be difficult with One plus unlike other big manufacturers but it comes with a years warranty. Office of fair trading UK will let them know about it if they refuse to honour terms of the warranty unlike in Nigeria where you haven't got such back up or a functioning one.. I use the one plus one, paid £277 back in 2014, it sells on eBay for £150 plus or minus, that's tech for you, value depreciates rapidly, companies churning out devices at ridiculous pace..

Yes, some phones have higher resale value than others, i.e iphone, but thats not the reason some people buy gadgets. Personally, i buy what i like, once am done i hand it over to somebody.. Phones starts depreciating after a few weeks of release..

I think you are right about his location. Hope you had a wonderful experience with the OP1. From the reviews of OP3 I think it's a decent phone but then I still think S6 edge would be a better option for someone who lives here.
Re: S6 Edge Vs Oneplus 3 by lynxnoon(m): 8:18am On Aug 10, 2016
Phonefanatic:
I bought my Oneplus One at an equivalent of N58,000 and sold it about close to two yrs later for N50,000 smiley wink
Its all about demand and supply .... and of course what condition your device is when you want to sell it.
However note that Android devices generally have a very low 2nd hand value compared to iOS devices . . . .but then i will still stick to android anytime, anyday cheesy wink

Cheers

3 Likes

Re: S6 Edge Vs Oneplus 3 by Lexusgs430: 9:02am On Aug 10, 2016
Baroba:

Abeg how is the battery, my 2014 One plus had an amazing battery on kitkat, but tanked on lolipop..

I want to upgrade from my trusty One plus one to OP3, I need something with a better camera. you fit give me pros and cons.. Thanks

It gets delivered on Friday. But from watching reviews on YouTube, the battery is very durable. Not also forgetting the dash charge option. And the camera I hear is also very good (front and rear).
Its a flagship killer, so I expect it to thick all the right boxes.
Re: S6 Edge Vs Oneplus 3 by Lexusgs430: 9:05am On Aug 10, 2016
lynxnoon:

I bought my Oneplus One at an equivalent of N58,000 and sold it about close to two yrs later for N50,000 smiley wink
Its all about demand and supply .... and of course what condition your device is when you want to sell it.
However note that Android devices generally have a very low 2nd hand value compared to iOS devices . . . .but then i will still stick to android anytime, anyday cheesy wink

Cheers

You did not loss at all. Infact you made a very good profit from that sales.
You already said it all, it's about demand, supply and general overall condition at point of sale.
NB: Not still gonna sell mine. One of my kids would enjoy the OP3 inheritance. LOL
Re: S6 Edge Vs Oneplus 3 by Lexusgs430: 9:15am On Aug 10, 2016
Baroba:

OP3 now has an office in the UK. So warranty returns or issues, would not be a problem.
If one thinks about resale values of gadgets, one should simply use Nokia torchlight!!!
So long has you love it at the point of purchase, enjoy it!!!
From ordering to delivery (under 5 days).
Re: S6 Edge Vs Oneplus 3 by Lexusgs430: 9:17am On Aug 10, 2016
Baroba:

Just watch YouTube videos and you would be truly amazed at how amazing the OP3 is.
If SD card, QHD and IP67 certification is not a deal breaker for you. Then you would love the OP3.

(1) (2) (Reply)

9mobile Promo Gives You N10,000 Bonus For 30days / Any Good Android For 15k / Infinix Hot 6..... Discussion Room.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.