Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,677 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

Meet Polish And Leicester City's New Signing Batosz Kapustka . - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Meet Polish And Leicester City's New Signing Batosz Kapustka . (385 Views)

OFFICIAL: Chelsea Unveils Matteo Kovacic, New Signing From Real Madrid (Photos) / OFFICIAL: Juventus Unveils Cristiano Ronaldo, New Signing (Photos) / Polish Holding The Hand Of A Senegalese At Russia 2018 World Cup (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Meet Polish And Leicester City's New Signing Batosz Kapustka . by luciomoggi(m): 3:01pm On Aug 01, 2016
By Ewah Chika.

Very few people knew 19-year-old Bartosz Kaputska before the Euro's in the summer but soon after Euro's the KSC Cracovia (oldest Polish club) attacking midfielder became a household name even though his native Poland crashed out on penalties in the quarter-final to eventual winners Portugal.

The youngster has been so good that he was not only drafted straight into the national team of Poland at 19 years but also ended up making only one appearance each for both the Polish U-17 and U-18 teams.

The youngster is a child of fate and would be thanking both his God and Polish national team manager Adam Nawalka for including him in the his final 23 man squad after his nightclub brawl weeks before the tournament In France. The player admitted his fault in the fracas and went ahead to make a phone call to the coach begging him to forgive his misgivings and youthful exoberance.

Shortly after his inclusion In the squad was confirmed, Kaspukt had this to say , "Now I think about things three times before I do something. I view this as a valuable lesson. It was not an easy time (the nightclub fight), because my family and loved ones worried about me, but fortunately that is behind me now. I'm focussing on what I can show on the pitch."

The midfielder surely matched his words with action as he was the shinning light in the Polish midfield producing a Man of the Match performance against Northern Ireland in Poland's first game in the tournament. It should be noted that midfielder at an tender age of 19 has already earned 12 caps for a star studded Polish national team scoring two goals.

It was highly a joyful and glorious news for Leicester City fans when it was reported on Friday that the midfielder had agreed in principle to join Leicester City for a fee of £7.5 million this summer. At Leicester, Kapustka is not only joining a big club considering their Champions League status and the additional funds from winning the Premier League, he is also joining a club where he will be given both the fatherly figure he enjoys under Adam Nawalka by Claudio Ranieri and the patience needed to see him make mistakes, learn from them and succeed. Gradually he will come to terms with the language, culture and pace of not only the Premier League but the United Kingdom. Kaputska is a two footed player with an inch perfect ability to hit long range shots with accurate precision. The player is also a creator and will be very effective in a counter-attacking team considering his quick acceleration . At Leicester he will play as a second striker behind star man Jamie Vardy although it is widely expected that Nigerian Ahmed Musa will be played in that role. The midfielder can also play as a No.10, although that is the position currently occupied by Danny Drinkwater. At 19, it is good for the youngster to enjoy game time but at the same time he must exercise patience, horn his skills and learn the ropes so he doesn't end up not fulfilling his great potential .

"The transfer rumours of Kapustka is not something that will keep me awake at night. If a club offer €1.5-2 million, I will advice Kapustka against such a move. Such an offer would mean they're a weak club, and he can do better," were the words of Janusz Filipiak who is the Cracovia president concerning the transfer of the youngster before receiving Leicester's generous offer .

"I'm not going to Leicester only because of the name of the club, or because they won the Premier League. I'm optimistic and think I have a real chance of playing time.

"Ranieri's interest was a big factor for me. He was asking about me, he wanted me to join the team. This convinced me, but there were many factors, " the youngster said after it became public he was on the verge of signing for Leicester .

He might not be the finished product yet but Bartosz Kapustka is a star in the making and Claudio Ranieri's a Leicester have surely pulled a off a massive coup with his signing this summer.

Source

http://mailtelegraph..co.ke/2016/07/meet-new-leicester-city-mifielder.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Pool Correct Draws : 'epl Start-off Draws ' / Nigeria Dream Finally Arrived Brazil For Opening Game Against Japan / Rio 2016 Olympics Officially Kicks Off As Nigeria National Anthem Got Mixed Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.