Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,763 members, 7,831,450 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

ASUU Should Close Down Unilorin - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Should Close Down Unilorin (2495 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / A Call On The Fg And Nuc To Close Down Madonna University Okija / Breaking News - Fashola Close Down Lasu Till Feb Next Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Should Close Down Unilorin by luvola(m): 1:00pm On Sep 20, 2009
since unilorin wil benefit frm d outcome of ASUU struggle, they shud resist any resumption in d sch,boycott,protest and close down d sch. hw der unilorin vc to resume sch while ASUU is on strike. people wht do u think
Re: ASUU Should Close Down Unilorin by delvinmaya(m): 5:26pm On Sep 20, 2009
you know what your problem is? you my dear friend are a stark illiterate,i see tha his strike has srated to affect you in a bad way. ASUU should close down unilorin, you know whats best? they should sell the school,kidnap the vc,burn the students to death. Was it ASUU that granted the license to establish the school? Or what? dude you are so unbelievably stupid
Re: ASUU Should Close Down Unilorin by luvola(m): 11:29pm On Sep 20, 2009
@ delvin : i can see u are senseless. unilorin vc is a nazi leader dat y he control d sch anyhow. d students,sug,lecturers in dat sch are all slowpoke. heard der is no opposition to any policies by d vc whether good or bad.sug/lecturer ar treated as slave because they ar all afraid of being expel. since ASUU / unilorin wil all benefit frm d outcome of this strike,dey hav no right to resume while d strike goes on.
Re: ASUU Should Close Down Unilorin by deolu2000(m): 12:45am On Sep 21, 2009
Lovia,both ASUU nd FG ar both insincere nd we al knw dt.unilorin is being managed by a man dt knws dt uneccessary delay nd fruitless strike is a waste of tym dt could be judiciously utilized.i wish u knw wot al unilorin stdts hav?its called prestige, for being a stdt of d best uni in nigeria nd 18 in africa.
Re: ASUU Should Close Down Unilorin by delvinmaya(m): 5:48am On Sep 21, 2009
luvola u are d senseless marauder here.when i gained admission to unilorio in 2007 all i wanted was to get the very best which right now am getting.i ve barely two years left b4 i graduate and get on with my life.what would want in the four walls of a university,that i would want to spend 7 years in a school.Also if u can prove what u claim i will apologise to u but till then keep ur half baked thots to urself.Bros so that u dnt confuse urself its d job of NUC to approve and revoke university licenses not ASUU.thats if u know who they are[color=][/color][color=][/color]
Re: ASUU Should Close Down Unilorin by kabola2009(m): 9:55am On Sep 21, 2009
luvola:

since unilorin wil benefit frm d outcome of ASUU struggle, they shud resist any resumption in d sch,boycott,protest and close down d sch. hw der unilorin vc to resume sch while ASUU is on strike. people wht do u think
Why some people just like posting rubbish here, if you don't know what to do please go and sleep.
Re: ASUU Should Close Down Unilorin by Nobody: 11:59am On Sep 21, 2009
@luvola.unilorin is d best skul in d land.i knw u ar a bit jealous & frustrated.My dear,it's not too late 2 attend a university wit uninterupted academic programme,accessible computer facilities,seasoned lecturers,cult free campus,brilliant & hardworking students,d lists ar endless jst patiently purchase d next ume form and fil unilorin as ur university choice.
Unilorites,is it tru d skul is resuming on 28th.when wil d admision lists b released,my kid sister has been troubling me.she scored 77% in d Pume:aplied 4 chem engr.wat's ar chance?
Re: ASUU Should Close Down Unilorin by Nobody: 12:00pm On Sep 21, 2009
Greatest unilorites! Better by far!!
Re: ASUU Should Close Down Unilorin by sojiboy(m): 12:13pm On Sep 21, 2009
if Uni ilorin is not part of ASUU let them resum but if they are part of ASUU its adviceable for them to stick wit the Nationwide ASUU strike if not they will all stand to regret the action they are about to take.Uni ilorin is a Glorious Secondary Sch dat is why 1 man(VC) av a say over Prof,Dr,Undergarduates and Predegree Students,i wonder if there is Student Union in dat school cos evry thing there is worst.
Re: ASUU Should Close Down Unilorin by ednut1(m): 12:27pm On Sep 21, 2009
hahaha, haters we are resuming in unilorin. ASUU can go to hell where they belong. why should fg fund unis anyway, so that the white man can come and still from us again( brain drain). but militant deal is good they will both gain hahaha. nigeria was doomed since 1914, so lets all get on with it, there is no way fg will agree and yar adua will still get elected 4 2nd term. if we shout till eternity nigeria will not change. so assu should act like educated fools nonsense. who does not know we are claiming democracy to collect funds and aids and practising military govt.lets scream to God if he will hear us likehe has been doing hahahaha
Re: ASUU Should Close Down Unilorin by Kratos007(m): 3:30pm On Sep 21, 2009
Unilorin is a shite school with a fucking dictator as a v.c. So what if he graduated with first class? That makes the man a first class monkey as far as i'm concerned. Do you unilorin dimwits feel you would be enjoying what you do in school now if not for the past efforts of ASUU? Why would they benefit from the present strike action if they did not take part? Or do you not know that all your lecturers are ASUU members? Do you have even the slightest idea of what it takes to be a university professor? And before you begin to crucify me for my views, know that while i was in school, i went through a 9 month strike and i know its hard and all that but you should see that its for the benefit of all. So you want to hurry through school, regardless of the quality of educational policies right? What about your children? Oh, you will send them to unilorin as well? I graduated from uniben as a medical doctor, and during my house job, the doctors from unilorin were always the ones messing up and making mistakes. So i do not know where you get off saying stuff about unilorin being the best and blah blah. My dad is an ASUU member and a darn good professor and lecturer. I know first hand what lecturers go through and the sacrifices they make. Ask the average medical student how many students to a cadaver? About 80. How will they learn? And you want them to treat you tomorrow. Ask those in engineering about the machines they had to learn with. Ask all science students about the state of thier labs. What about the full to bursting lecture theatres? Why do most students live off campus? The answer is so simple. Use your brains for once people and stop attacking the porter of this topic. Its precisely because of the kind of responses i see here that nairaland is seen as a place where dunces abound. In a nutshell, if unilorin decides not to join the strike, then they should not benefit from whatever the negotiations bring forth and thier students should also keep quiet when other universities begin to get a facelift from increased educational funding. And the V.C. of unilorin is actually an ass.
Re: ASUU Should Close Down Unilorin by Kratos007(m): 3:48pm On Sep 21, 2009
@ednut, so because unilorin uses computers to write exams, that means its properly funded? Are you sure you are a bonafide student of unilorin? You sound like a pre-degree or diploma wannabe. Its obvious you lack the required analytical skills to effectively make coherent points. Despite the repeated strikes in my time, i still managed to graduate-with better conditions as a result of the strike at the age of 25 as a doctor. That was 4 years ago. Read the history of ASUU instead of slating them on NL. ASUU alongside NLC and NADECO played a vital role in fighting the military junta led by IBB and later on Abacha. Instead of treating them like heroes, people like you are attacking them for holding a fully justifiable moral high ground. You sir, are a coward for not siding with the right. Come 30th of this month, doctors will be going on strike. I will be with them. Unless our greviances are addressed. Maybe then people like you will want to call our bluff. Lets see where that will lead.
Re: ASUU Should Close Down Unilorin by ravenzord(m): 4:12pm On Sep 21, 2009
ASUU really can't close down Unilorin if the school in question has pulled out of the union.But the truth is that the school will gain if the demands being made are met,so the poster has a point there.

@ Kratos: How far bro,I'm feeling U O,I'm a 3rd-year med student in UNN,and although the conditions are not as bad as U made them seem,they're not the best either,we're Usually lik 10 to a cadaver. . .and the formalin smell is. . .UGH! Also,we don't have many instructors during dissection,so most of us just freestyle with our Cunningham's manual beside us. Abeg make una go on strike,wouldn't want 2 meet bad conditions when I graduate. Paix

@ Everyone: There's really no need for all the vitriol I'm seeing on the thread,the poster was just posting an opinion,and he's entitled 2 dem,dat's why it's a forum: we all air our views. I won't lie,I'm envious of the fact that U guys are having uninterrupted study,while I mope at home,but would U rather be the one-eyed king amongst blind men,or a normal man amongst other able-bodied men? Does the fact that no Nigerian Uni,including ur great school,is in the list of top 5000 unis in the world,not disturb U? ASUU is fighting a good fight,let's encourage them,cos we all stand 2 gain.
Re: ASUU Should Close Down Unilorin by jonath0012(m): 8:59pm On Sep 21, 2009
Great Unilorites! Better by far! For those who are clamouring for the closure of Unilorin, i say go get drown in an ocean. Cos nobody dares stops us from resuming on 28th sept. One luv my people!
Re: ASUU Should Close Down Unilorin by luvola(m): 9:17pm On Sep 21, 2009
unilorin a good sch ? dat shud b a joke. yur retard former vc dat sack 49 lecturer made a big mistake, i cant advise anyone to a sch dat has been islamise,control by a nazi vc,centralise policy, all stu,sug,lecturer dont knw der right. b informe dat unilorin has d worst college of med in nig. yur retard sch shud not benefit frm any ASUU /fg negotiation if dey are not partaking in d strike. even lasuth col of med in lagos is 100% better than unil
Re: ASUU Should Close Down Unilorin by Nobody: 9:49pm On Sep 21, 2009
@kratos.thank God 4 your achievements wishin u more in life.2 b honest wit ourselves al ASUU's demands cnt b met in d present state of d economy.The government ar faced wit so many pressing demands that need urgent attention to avoid national embarassment & dwindling revenue.one of d examples is d Niger delta militancy wich is causing drastic reduction in crude oil revenue(NIGERIA'S BACKBONE).The honest truth is dat d Niger delta issue wil first b solved( low probability though) tru d ongoing Fg amnesty b4 any oda tin.So as to avoid national embarasment durin d U 17 world cup & to increase oil revenue.
My guy ASUU is losing d fight.Al d students ar tired of siting down at home.ASUU has lost d honesty,activisim,truthfulnes,selflessness,love of Nigerians she was known for in d military era.The union has been polluted by greedy & selfcentered individuals.It is of open truth dat d educational sector is underfunded,me tink wat ASUU should do instead of going on an industrial action is to pressurize d Fg tru d Senate,rep & peaceful protests to alocate more % of d budget to education,say 25%.The ASUU & FG feud is bcomin personal.It's turning to ASUU'S PRESIDENT & EGWU.May God heal our land.
  ASUU cnt close unilorin cos they av pulled out of d union!
I'm boldly saying it again.Unilorin is d best skul in d land;No strike,visionary VC,dedicated lecturers,hardworking students etc.
GREATEST UNILORIN!BETTER BY FAR!!
Re: ASUU Should Close Down Unilorin by Kratos007(m): 12:02am On Sep 22, 2009
@ravenzord, sorry to hear you guys dont have enough demonstrators. 10 to a cadaver? Thats a marked improvement. Try to familiarise yourself with grant's atlas and Last's anatomy. Cunningham too is good. Also if you can get ellis' clinical anatomy, it helps. I'm sure you have the other texts for physio & biochem. Try your best to pass your 2nd MB. Its going to take your time and effort, but have faith in yourself. Make sure you read with a lot of past questions and try to form 1 or 2 discussion groups. I wish i could tell you that it would get better after you pass, but in medicine, the exams keep getting harder. Just do your utmost best & you'll be ok. Cheers man.
Re: ASUU Should Close Down Unilorin by Kratos007(m): 12:04am On Sep 22, 2009
@ravenzord, sorry to hear you guys dont have enough demonstrators. 10 to a cadaver? Thats a marked improvement. Try to familiarise yourself with grant's atlas and Last's anatomy. Cunningham too is good. Also if you can get ellis' clinical anatomy, it helps. I'm sure you have the other texts for physio & biochem. Try your best to pass your 2nd MB. Its going to take your time and effort, but have faith in yourself. Make sure you read with a lot of past questions and try to form 1 or 2 discussion groups. I wish i could tell you that it would get better after you pass, but in medicine, the exams keep getting harder. Just do your utmost best & you'll be ok. Cheers man.
Re: ASUU Should Close Down Unilorin by luvola(m): 8:49am On Sep 22, 2009
uni of ibadan,ife,lasu,unilag,uniben,lautech,unn ar all better dan yur retard sch. EVEN U.I WHICH EVERYONE KNOWS AS D BEST UNIV IN NIGERIA IS ON STRIKE. ASUU IS FIGHTING D LAST BATTLE WITH FG . THOUGH AM NOT SUPPORTING ASUU,BUT WANT TO TEL YUR V.C TO STOP PLAYING GAMES.
Re: ASUU Should Close Down Unilorin by Nobody: 9:10am On Sep 22, 2009
@luvola.ur universities rating is based on wat?pls my dear check d recent NUC universities rating or beta still www.4icu.com or www.webometric.com for correct/standard universities rating.
Re: ASUU Should Close Down Unilorin by yoged(m): 9:23am On Sep 22, 2009
Re: ASUU Should Close Down Unilorin by luvola(m): 11:09am On Sep 22, 2009
morons u better do yur research very well - u.i is d best uni in nig. others are uniben,ife,
Re: ASUU Should Close Down Unilorin by Kratos007(m): 9:17pm On Sep 22, 2009
@yoged, we can really see that unilorin is the best university in nigeria. 'MISS A CEMENT?' Did you mean to say MIX CEMENT? I hope unilorin resumes on the 28th. You sir, need the education.
Re: ASUU Should Close Down Unilorin by kinre: 9:03pm On Sep 25, 2009
i can c that all those university of unilorin student are nothing but useless cowards.how can u av a ruler as ur vc.no union in school or shuld i say no vibrant union in ur school and u happy cos u say the strike is not affecting u all .u all shuld go hell and die there.
Re: ASUU Should Close Down Unilorin by yoged(m): 10:41pm On Sep 26, 2009
Re: ASUU Should Close Down Unilorin by luvola(m): 10:56pm On Sep 26, 2009
@ yoged : no coment for u
Re: ASUU Should Close Down Unilorin by chidimarc(m): 10:24am On Sep 27, 2009
I wish bartho okolo and d govérning cøuncil of UNN would b dat visionary.

ASUU should try & see reasons, their demand(s) could have been easier if they wère pressed during d budget proposals. A lot could be avoided if the strike is called off in its totality.
It is a pity that we as the greater Nigerian students cant play a role or decide oúr fate
Re: ASUU Should Close Down Unilorin by deolu2000(m): 9:53pm On Sep 27, 2009
am a unilorin stdt,nd am pround am there but let us al stop yelling at ourslves nd see wot we can do collectively to make ASUU nd fg reach an accord.we may put up a campaign online or anythg we could do individually or as a group.oneness is wot al great nigerian stdt need at diz tym.lol[color=][/color]
Re: ASUU Should Close Down Unilorin by luvola(m): 1:44pm On Sep 28, 2009
unilorin is pretending not to b a mem of ASUU yet they wil benefit frm any agrement reach by ASUU and fg while other stu frm other sch wil sufdr d pain. if unilorin is d best sch ,then y employers of labour keep complaning of unilorin product. according to a source,unilorin college of medcine is d worst in nig. u claim yur vc is a first class product ? wht about other vc lik prof balogun(futa , prof hussein of lasu had 1st class physics in u.i)
Re: ASUU Should Close Down Unilorin by kensma: 3:09pm On Sep 28, 2009
well done guys, but weather u like it or not unilorin ll resume anytym they want and i dnt think anybody cn do anything [color=#006600][/color]
better by far
Re: ASUU Should Close Down Unilorin by kensma: 3:40pm On Sep 28, 2009
LAVOLA or what do u called urself pls can u mention 2 labor employer who complain about unilorin product? to be sincere uniorin products are always good,except some lazy once,pls go out nd find out urself, cos i worked in slumberger and i fell unilorin guys there also in microsoft DONT SAY WHAT U DONT KNOW ITS A BIG SIN
SULYMAN AFOLABI
Re: ASUU Should Close Down Unilorin by Nobody: 5:19pm On Sep 28, 2009
some people are just as useless as a masqurade chasing a mad man, while would you be happy because you are privileged to be in University where the academic calender is steady, why dont u remember the heros who have died on this FG/ASUU issue, u carried ur baggages and go to school with ur empty brains. .

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nnamdi Azikiwe University Post Ume Past Question And Answers Available Onlin / Kwara Poly Admission List / National Primaries Materials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.