Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,554 members, 7,837,120 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

Christian- Muslim Marriages Will Promote Peaceful Co -existence, Says Sultan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Christian- Muslim Marriages Will Promote Peaceful Co -existence, Says Sultan (2400 Views)

Ijaw Expantionist A Threat To Peaceful Co Existance In Nigeria / Justice Umar Abdullahi Speaks On The Peaceful Co-existence In Northern Nigeria / Every Christian, Muslim Hate Preacher Must Be Prosecuted- Sultan Of Sokoto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christian- Muslim Marriages Will Promote Peaceful Co -existence, Says Sultan by Giyerte(m): 6:34pm On Aug 01, 2016
The Sultan of Sokoto , Alhaji Sa’ ad Abubakar III , has advocated the conduct of marriages between Christians and Muslims to enhance sustainable peace and harmonious co - existence in the country .

The sultan, who made the call at the Peace and Unity Training Workshop organised by the Christian Youth for Peace in collaboration with the Inter -religious Peace Initiative in Abuja at the weekend, said inter- religious marriages would stem the frequent religious clashes in parts of the country .
He said peace had no compromise , adding that Christians and Muslims should seek it at all costs as the two religions were founded on peace .

The Sultan , who represented by Dr Idris Umar , the Sarkin Jiwa, urged the workshop participants to be ambassadors of peace, living in harmony with one another, irrespective of religious differences.
In his remarks at the workshop, Chief Imam of Apo Legislative Quarters , Nuru Khalid, said it was permissible in the Holy Qur ’ an for a Muslim to marry from other religions , stressing that such ties existed even in the days of the Holy Prophet and would foster mutual understanding and tolerance among different religions in the country .

The presiding Bishop of Praise Chapel International , Abuja, Dr. Edward Chanomi , advised the federal government to ensure equity in governance in order to carry everybody along.

Dr. Chanomi blamed politicians for fuelling hatred and division among Nigerians for selfish ends and urged the citizens to be conscious of self - serving politicians and their evil motives.

http://www.informationng.com/2016/08/christian-muslim-marriages-will-promote-peaceful-co-existence-says-sultan.html
Re: Christian- Muslim Marriages Will Promote Peaceful Co -existence, Says Sultan by chimoskyg(m): 6:37pm On Aug 01, 2016
True talk

Start seeing things like

Aminu wed Ngozi

Emeka wed Amina

2 Likes

Re: Christian- Muslim Marriages Will Promote Peaceful Co -existence, Says Sultan by maximilliano505: 6:48pm On Aug 01, 2016
I'm in support

1 Like

Re: Christian- Muslim Marriages Will Promote Peaceful Co -existence, Says Sultan by adonis89(m): 7:11pm On Aug 01, 2016
Mad talk from a mad man

7 Likes

Re: Christian- Muslim Marriages Will Promote Peaceful Co -existence, Says Sultan by ckmayoca: 7:13pm On Aug 01, 2016
Lie lie. Can only be practiced down south not northern part. They will just behead the woman one day on her way from church.

13 Likes

Re: Christian- Muslim Marriages Will Promote Peaceful Co -existence, Says Sultan by ckmayoca: 7:14pm On Aug 01, 2016
Lie lie. Can only be practiced down south not norther.n part. They will just behead the woman one day on her way from church.

9 Likes

Re: Christian- Muslim Marriages Will Promote Peaceful Co -existence, Says Sultan by wowmenow: 7:26pm On Aug 01, 2016
We don't want marriage advise for now

There is recession leave the non sense advise

Sultan can you allow your children to marry Christian

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christian- Muslim Marriages Will Promote Peaceful Co -existence, Says Sultan by gurunlocker: 7:28pm On Aug 01, 2016
No, bad deal Sultan.... Marry Christian and later convert them to Muslim?

Bad deal Nigga

12 Likes

Re: Christian- Muslim Marriages Will Promote Peaceful Co -existence, Says Sultan by idensko(m): 7:33pm On Aug 01, 2016
Mi Igbo brothers dont fall 4 dis trap
Dey will either kill ur Wife or kill u.

10 Likes

Re: Christian- Muslim Marriages Will Promote Peaceful Co -existence, Says Sultan by drss2(m): 7:35pm On Aug 01, 2016
taqqiya alert!!!
according to islam, it is haram for muslim woman to marry a christian man. but a muslim man is allowed to marry christian woman. una dey see d hypocrisy n double standard any muslim woman dat dares marry christian man will be killed (honor killing) according to islamic jihadic laws. it is all part of their jihadic population growth - to reduce christian population by marrying our women n increase muslim population by marrying multiple wives.
dont fall for their cheap lies.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christian- Muslim Marriages Will Promote Peaceful Co -existence, Says Sultan by ImperialYoruba: 7:38pm On Aug 01, 2016
chimoskyg:
True talk

Start seeing things like

Aminu wed Ngozi

Emeka wed Amina

You are bamboozled to think Emeka will be allowed to wed Amina without first becoming Ilyasu.

Aminu wed Ngozi is ok. Afterall Yellow wedded Ese Oruru and she gave him pikin.

This Sultan is casting spells on you. grin

4 Likes

Re: Christian- Muslim Marriages Will Promote Peaceful Co -existence, Says Sultan by carinmom(f): 7:43pm On Aug 01, 2016
ckmayoca:
Lie lie. Can only be practiced down south not norther.n part. They will just behead the woman one day on her way from church.

Oh really? My uncle has been married to a christian and they have been together for the past 30yrs and she is still a christian up to today, and he is a full Hausa man.

Therefore don't spread lies and misinformation because of religious and ethnic bigotry.

1 Like

Re: Christian- Muslim Marriages Will Promote Peaceful Co -existence, Says Sultan by Amitex(m): 7:47pm On Aug 01, 2016
carinmom:

Oh really? My uncle has been married to a christian and they have been together for the past 30yrs and she is still a christian up to today, and he is a full Hausa man.

Therefore don't spread lies and misinformation because of religious and ethnic bigotry.

Will you marry me - a christian will your father and his imam not behead you as in honour killing
Stop the lies please!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christian- Muslim Marriages Will Promote Peaceful Co -existence, Says Sultan by ckmayoca: 7:48pm On Aug 01, 2016
carinmom:

Ur uncle is 1 in a billion then.

2 Likes

Re: Christian- Muslim Marriages Will Promote Peaceful Co -existence, Says Sultan by GOFRONT(m): 7:54pm On Aug 01, 2016
But we hav Apostle suleman, Rev Fr Bello, Evang Abdullai........ grin grin
Re: Christian- Muslim Marriages Will Promote Peaceful Co -existence, Says Sultan by limeta(f): 7:55pm On Aug 01, 2016
carinmom:

Yr muslim sister married to a pastor will be a better story

1 Like

Re: Christian- Muslim Marriages Will Promote Peaceful Co -existence, Says Sultan by badnature: 7:56pm On Aug 01, 2016
So when will a Hausa girl married a non Muslim? Or is it all the time Muslim married a Christian? Am not talking about Yoruba Muslim vs Yoruba Christian

6 Likes

Re: Christian- Muslim Marriages Will Promote Peaceful Co -existence, Says Sultan by limeta(f): 7:57pm On Aug 01, 2016
See work
Re: Christian- Muslim Marriages Will Promote Peaceful Co -existence, Says Sultan by chachanga: 8:02pm On Aug 01, 2016
Amitex:

Will you marry me - a christian will your father and his imam not behead you as in honour killing
Stop the lies please!!!

stop generalizing exceptions with such false bravado and candor

empirical evidence would have sufficed rather the case of your obviously matured, large-hearted uncle

i, for one, could never speak up for a million men so the case of your uncle too is a mere droplet in an ocean.
Re: Christian- Muslim Marriages Will Promote Peaceful Co -existence, Says Sultan by brize(m): 8:14pm On Aug 01, 2016
The only thing that promotes peace is equity and promotion of justice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christian- Muslim Marriages Will Promote Peaceful Co -existence, Says Sultan by carinmom(f): 8:17pm On Aug 01, 2016
Amitex:

Stop the lies please!!!

I won't marry you because i'm already married. But truth be told nobody will behead anybody because a muslim lady married a christian, its happening even though against Islam. I know lots of muslim ladies that are married to christians and are still together right here in the north without anyone being beheaded.
Re: Christian- Muslim Marriages Will Promote Peaceful Co -existence, Says Sultan by oyinkinola: 8:26pm On Aug 01, 2016
.....i think igbo & hausa should come to the yoruba land to learn a lesson on religion tolerance, what sultan preaches now is practising in yoruba land from time immemorial! I have atleast four sisters married to christian, wereas we are muslim. igbo accuse hausa of religion bigotry while they even play bigotry than hausa, they hate anything non christian!

1 Like

Re: Christian- Muslim Marriages Will Promote Peaceful Co -existence, Says Sultan by fiizznation: 8:28pm On Aug 01, 2016
carinmom:

I won't marry you because i'm already married. But truth be told nobody will behead anybody because a muslim lady married a christian, its happening even though against Islam. I know lots of muslim ladies that are married to christians and are still together right here in the north without anyone being beheaded.
The way and manner some of them talk about beheading in the north, one will think that thousands of people are beheaded everyday in the north. Lol

Anyway how are you doing? I hope you and your family are all fine.

1 Like

Re: Christian- Muslim Marriages Will Promote Peaceful Co -existence, Says Sultan by carinmom(f): 8:44pm On Aug 01, 2016
ckmayoca:

Ur uncle is 1 in a billion then.

No, there are thousands like him in the north and are co-existing peacefully with one another.
Re: Christian- Muslim Marriages Will Promote Peaceful Co -existence, Says Sultan by viktagorion: 8:50pm On Aug 01, 2016
Do not be unequally yoked with an unbeliever says the Holy book.

As simple as A, b, c.

5 Likes

Re: Christian- Muslim Marriages Will Promote Peaceful Co -existence, Says Sultan by yang(m): 8:52pm On Aug 01, 2016
Another baboon

So thats why your alamajari people and fulani people are committing Génocide against Christian communities

Thats why you people have been kidnapping c Christian girls and raping them

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christian- Muslim Marriages Will Promote Peaceful Co -existence, Says Sultan by Alfranco(m): 8:54pm On Aug 01, 2016
chimoskyg:
True talk
Start seeing things like
Aminu wed Ngozi
Emeka wed Amina
Very funny. You could add Yunusa Wed Ese...
Re: Christian- Muslim Marriages Will Promote Peaceful Co -existence, Says Sultan by 9japride(m): 8:56pm On Aug 01, 2016
Bloody lie, a Moslem man is allowed to marry a Christain woman so as to propagate Islam, but they will never allow a Christian guy to marry their ladies.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christian- Muslim Marriages Will Promote Peaceful Co -existence, Says Sultan by chadwickcollins(m): 9:27pm On Aug 01, 2016
Lol joke of d century

1 Like

Re: Christian- Muslim Marriages Will Promote Peaceful Co -existence, Says Sultan by WATCHOVER(m): 9:28pm On Aug 01, 2016
Islamization policy in the making. Sultan you can't deceive us. go with your propose marriage.

1 Like

Re: Christian- Muslim Marriages Will Promote Peaceful Co -existence, Says Sultan by policy12: 9:33pm On Aug 01, 2016
9japride:
Bloody lie, a Moslem man is allowed to marry a Christain woman so as to propagate Islam, but they will never allow a Christian guy to marry their ladies.

I live in the north and this is what happen where majority of the Christain ladies have changed their religion due to intermarriage. Though blame it on our Christian girls especially my Ibo sister bcoz of the love fo money and materials things. It's here u will see ngozi changing her name to Hadiza, even wear the hijab more than the Katsina indigent.

Intermarriage ko interrelationship no.. .what do we av in common light and darkness can, t relate.

1 Like

Re: Christian- Muslim Marriages Will Promote Peaceful Co -existence, Says Sultan by Jazzlite: 9:41pm On Aug 01, 2016
Sultan that refuses to shake xtians

wowmenow:
We don't want marriage advise for now

There is recession leave the non sense advise

Sultan can you allow your children to marry Christian

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

MTN Call Centre Agents Protest In Ilorin / Forgotten Facts : Nigeria’s Ballistic Missile Program. Part II. / BBC AFRICA: Biafra Protest Shuts Down Southern Nigeria States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.