Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,473 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

Fashola Speaks At Chatham House London Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Speaks At Chatham House London Today (1678 Views)

Diezani Alison-Madueke At An African Store In London Today? (Photos) / President Buhari With His Daughter Safina Buhari, Husband At Abuja House, London / Pastor Adeboye Visits President Buhari Today At The Abuja House, London (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Speaks At Chatham House London Today by Naijiant: 11:12pm On Aug 01, 2016
The Minister for Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, was at the Royal Institute of International Affairs aka Chatham House in London this afternoon to talk about “Developing Power and Infrastructure in Nigeria – Strategies for Successful Reform”.

Details and pics:
http://www.naijiant.com/articles/fashola-chatham-house-talking-loud-saying-nothing/

1 Like

Re: Fashola Speaks At Chatham House London Today by Emyogalanya: 12:16am On Aug 02, 2016
Scatter house again ? Hmmm

1 Like

Re: Fashola Speaks At Chatham House London Today by Naijiant: 9:12am On Aug 02, 2016
Emyogalanya:
Scatter house again ? Hmmm
I don't know why they all like to come to London to speak.
Re: Fashola Speaks At Chatham House London Today by jaybee3(m): 9:19am On Aug 02, 2016
Naijiant:

I don't know why they all like to come to London to speak.

How else do you expect them to attract investors if they don't network? Networking isn't limited to specially arranged trade fairs or what not

Do you have your head stuck in your anus? I'm only asking a legitimate question
Re: Fashola Speaks At Chatham House London Today by Naijiant: 10:59am On Aug 02, 2016
jaybee3:

How else do you expect them to attract investors if they don't network? Networking isn't limited to specially arranged trade fairs or what not

Do you have your head stuck in your anus? I'm only asking a legitimate question
You seriously think that serious investors need someone to come to London in order to attract them? Do you know how the world works? I'm only asking a legitimate question.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Speaks At Chatham House London Today by jaybee3(m): 11:08am On Aug 02, 2016
Naijiant:

You seriously think that serious investors need someone to come to London in order to attract them? Do you know how the world works? I'm only asking a legitimate question.

Who are the serious investors?

How will these so called serious investors get assurances of safeguarding their investment via effective/reliable business friendly policies?

I bet you’ve never been to a networking event hence the reason for your ridiculous questions
Re: Fashola Speaks At Chatham House London Today by sleekAfonja: 11:12am On Aug 02, 2016
Naijiant:
The Minister for Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, was at the Royal Institute of International Affairs aka Chatham House in London this afternoon to talk about “Developing Power and Infrastructure in Nigeria – Strategies for Successful Reform”.

Details and pics:
http://www.naijiant.com/articles/fashola-chatham-house-talking-loud-saying-nothing/

Re: Fashola Speaks At Chatham House London Today by Naijiant: 11:24am On Aug 02, 2016
jaybee3:

Who are the serious investors?

How will these so called serious investors get assurances of safeguarding their investment via effective/reliable business friendly policies?

I bet you’ve never been to a networking event hence the reason for your ridiculous questions
Serious investors are people that do their own due diligence on investment destinations without relying on PR from govt officials.

I bet you've never run anything apart from your mouth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fashola Speaks At Chatham House London Today by jaybee3(m): 11:39am On Aug 02, 2016
Naijiant:

Serious investors are people that do their own due diligence on investment destinations without relying on PR from govt officials.

I bet you've never run anything apart from your mouth.

You are very funny walahi...

If i expose your obvious intellectual deficiencies ehn them go begin accuse person of being an intellectual bully

Let's conclude serious investors are FDI's. Why do you think listening to the Govt's spokesperson on their vision and policy direction will not help increase investor confidence and in turn convince them to invest in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Fashola Speaks At Chatham House London Today by Naijiant: 11:54am On Aug 02, 2016
jaybee3:

If i expose your obvious intellectual deficiencies ehn them go begin accuse person of being an intellectual bully

Let's conclude serious investors are FDI's. Why do you think listening to the Govt's spokesperson on their vision and policy direction will not help increase investor confidence and in turn convince them to invest in Nigeria
grin grin
Serious investors do their own research. Govt spokesmen are about PR. Serious investors know more about your country than a govt spokesman would be ready to admit in public.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Speaks At Chatham House London Today by sleekAfonja: 12:08pm On Aug 02, 2016
Naijiant:

grin grin
Serious investors do their own research. Govt spokesmen are about PR. Serious investors know more about your country than a govt spokesman would be ready to admit in public.
Imagine lai Mohammed urging you to come and invest in technically secured sambisa forest.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Speaks At Chatham House London Today by Naijiant: 12:39pm On Aug 02, 2016
sleekAfonja:
Imagine lai Mohammed urging you to come and invest in technically secured sambisa forest.
grin grin grin
Sambisa Forest would be a good location for investors to build a holiday resort.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Speaks At Chatham House London Today by naijaboy756: 1:32pm On Aug 02, 2016
jaybee3:

you are the one that needs intellectual b-reset. What is the outcome of all PMB's trip especially the 1 to China and lately the road show by Kachikwu et al? Just wasted our resources for jamboree. Now Fashola is following suit. Mschewww!

1 Like

Re: Fashola Speaks At Chatham House London Today by jaybee3(m): 1:43pm On Aug 02, 2016
naijaboy756:
you are the one that needs intellectual b-reset. What is the outcome of all PMB's trip especially the 1 to China and lately the road show by Kachikwu et al? Just wasted our resources for jamboree. Now Fashola is following suit. Mschewww!
In your myopic view, the fact that you haven't felt the dividends of such trips suggests they were ill advised?

All these retards sef
Re: Fashola Speaks At Chatham House London Today by Teespice(f): 3:44pm On Aug 02, 2016
naijaboy756:

let us look at things from another point of view.

if you are a contractor and there is a bid for the supply of certain goods and services, is it you that will go to the company and try to give them cogent reasons as to why that contract should be given to you instead of a rival company

or

will you sit and fold your arms with the assumption that the company in need of the goods and services will come and look for you under the guise of "my name is out there, therefore, they should look for me and not the other way round"

simply put, what fashola has done is going to woo investors. he cannot wait for them to meet him na, besides if buhari sends him, he has to go.
Re: Fashola Speaks At Chatham House London Today by Naijiant: 9:28am On Aug 03, 2016
Teespice:

let us look at things from another point of view.

if you are a contractor and there is a bid for the supply of certain goods and services, is it you that will go to the company and try to give them cogent reasons as to why that contract should be given to you instead of a rival company

or

will you sit and fold your arms with the assumption that the company in need of the goods and services will come and look for you under the guise of "my name is out there, therefore, they should look for me and not the other way round"

simply put, what fashola has done is going to woo investors. he cannot wait for them to meet him na, besides if buhari sends him, he has to go.

Serious investors don't need "wooing". You don't beg people to come and make money. They know where they get the best returns on investment. "Wooing investors" is just BS sold to the gullible to justify endless junkets and opportunities to ship money abroad.
Re: Fashola Speaks At Chatham House London Today by Teespice(f): 11:24am On Aug 03, 2016
Naijiant:

Serious investors don't need "wooing". You don't beg people to come and make money. They know where they get the best returns on investment. "Wooing investors" is just BS sold to the gullible to justify endless junkets and opportunities to ship money abroad.

if you have a business which is growing or is under the brink of collapse, wouldn't you do everything necessary even if it involves wooing or begging (in extreme cases) just to get investors?

you cannot have a business and expect that investors look for you. it is you who has to go source for investors even if it means meeting them at their locations

have in mind that this is no BS as you put it. what fashola is simply doing is making things work ie the average Joe having electricity and what not. if going to other countries, delivering speeches and convincing the outside world to invest in the electricity sector is the way to go, provided that the funds are used for the intended purpose and is not diverted, then it is way to go.

phew.
Re: Fashola Speaks At Chatham House London Today by jaybee3(m): 11:32am On Aug 03, 2016
Teespice:

if you have a business which is growing or is under the brink of collapse, wouldn't you do everything necessary even if it involves wooing or begging (in extreme cases) just to get investors?

you cannot have a business and expect that investors look for you. it is you who has to go source for investors even if it means meeting them at their locations

have in mind that this is no BS as you put it. what fashola is simply doing is making things work ie the average Joe having electricity and what not. if going to other countries, delivering speeches and convincing the outside world to invest in the electricity sector is the way to go, provided that the funds are used for the intended purpose and is not diverted, then it is way to go.

phew.

Why are you wasting your time with the dude

He is still unable to define his so called serious investors

Investors that make real impact are: Institutional Investors and those aligned under the foreign direct investors

He has failed to explain why they wouldn't benefit from listening to the govt policies and in turn possibly lobby him to make necessary concessions that might be the game changer

He stupidly thinks networking events are only about sales pitches when it's clear communication also includes effective listening
Re: Fashola Speaks At Chatham House London Today by Teespice(f): 11:38am On Aug 03, 2016
jaybee3:

Investors that make real impact are: Institutional Investors and those aligned under the foreign direct investors

He has failed to explain why they wouldn't benefit from listening to the govt policies and in turn possibly lobby him to make necessary concessions that might be the game changer

He stupidly thinks networking events are only about sales pitches when it's clear communication also includes effective listening

everything to them is about politics. APC/PDP.

notice how people talk with two mouths. these same people call fashola minister of darkness.

now that the man has gone on an assignment to make things better, they want his head.

what do Nigerians really want?

good morning sir.
Re: Fashola Speaks At Chatham House London Today by jaybee3(m): 11:43am On Aug 03, 2016
Teespice:

notice how people talk with two mouths. these same people call fashola minister of darkness.

now that the man has gone on an assignment to make things better, they want his head.

good morning sir.

They simply have a myopic attitude to everything
Re: Fashola Speaks At Chatham House London Today by Naijiant: 11:49am On Aug 03, 2016
Teespice:

phew.
You should do everything necessary. But the point is that "wooing investors" is unnecessary!!! Have you ever heard the phrase: "If you build it, they would come"?
Re: Fashola Speaks At Chatham House London Today by Naijiant: 11:51am On Aug 03, 2016
jaybee3:

Learn to read and understand. It helps in discussions!
Re: Fashola Speaks At Chatham House London Today by Naijiant: 6:49pm On Aug 03, 2016
Re: Fashola Speaks At Chatham House London Today by Nobody: 6:52pm On Aug 03, 2016
Dear Mr Oversabi Economist,

But if Obiano had gone there to woo investors for UGU, it wouldn't be jamboree abi?

Hatred and Hypocrisy are big cancers.

Cc:Indonesians, Uguafrans, Ugandans, Israelites.

You can quote me as usual.
Re: Fashola Speaks At Chatham House London Today by naijaboy756: 7:06pm On Aug 03, 2016
Teespice:

good morning sir.
keep quiet joor. APC journeys worsen matters in Nigeria. I am speaking from experience. Ask Buhari the junketeer and Kachikwu the road show man. What are the results? Hunger and hardship
Re: Fashola Speaks At Chatham House London Today by naijaboy756: 7:09pm On Aug 03, 2016
Bolustic:

But if Obiano had gone there to woo investors for UGU, it wouldn't be jamboree abi?

how dare you compare light and darkness abi Moses and Pharoah? Obaino is working without giving us flimpsy excuses of Jonathan,PDP and fall in oil price. As if the man is operating under another environment.
Re: Fashola Speaks At Chatham House London Today by Teespice(f): 7:35pm On Aug 03, 2016
naijaboy756:
keep quiet joor. APC journeys worsen matters in Nigeria. I am speaking from experience. Ask Buhari the junketeer and Kachikwu the road show man. What are the results? Hunger and hardship

you should be the one to keep quiet.

nobody is denying that things are tough in the country.

instead of playing the blame game, why don't you engage me properly and contribute reasonably.

the situation we are facing presently as a country would still be the same thing if your messiah was still the president.
Re: Fashola Speaks At Chatham House London Today by Naijiant: 7:44pm On Aug 03, 2016
Bolustic:

grin grin Obiano is a clown. Happy now?
Re: Fashola Speaks At Chatham House London Today by Naijiant: 7:46pm On Aug 03, 2016
Teespice:

instead of playing the blame game, why don't you engage me properly and contribute reasonably.

the situation we are facing presently as a country would still be the same thing if your messiah was still the president.
On point here.
Re: Fashola Speaks At Chatham House London Today by naijaboy756: 8:04pm On Aug 03, 2016
Teespice:

I bet to disagree! GEJ and his competent team of economists wouldn't have spent months/years blaming Yaradua. GEJ is sound economically, knows how to play the game of politics and also worked with men of high intellectuals. They would have handled this situation better.
Re: Fashola Speaks At Chatham House London Today by Teespice(f): 8:09pm On Aug 03, 2016
naijaboy756:
I bet to disagree! GEJ and his competent team of economists wouldn't have spent months/years blaming Yaradua. GEJ is sound economically, knows how to play the game of politics and also worked with men of high intellectuals. They would have handled this situation better.

whatever rocks your boat bro.
Re: Fashola Speaks At Chatham House London Today by naijaboy756: 8:13pm On Aug 03, 2016
Teespice:

whatever rocks your boat bro.
thumbs up! Buhari is a burden on the entire black race. But only Nigerians are feeling the direct odd impact

(1) (Reply)

Photos: 11 Nigerian Military Personnel Killed By Gunmen In Niger State / Who Is Barth Nnaji ? / See Official Salary Breakdown Of Senators, House Of Representative Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.