Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,046 members, 7,828,683 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

How FG Spent $340m, #27bn ln Search Of Crude Oil ln The North - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How FG Spent $340m, #27bn ln Search Of Crude Oil ln The North (1422 Views)

FG Spent N3.1bn On School VIP Toilets- Daily Trust / How FG Plans To Deal With Dogara, Others Over Budget Padding / How FG Spent $340m, N27bn In Search Of Oil In The North (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How FG Spent $340m, #27bn ln Search Of Crude Oil ln The North by Manamax(m): 11:22pm On Aug 01, 2016
AFTER 3 decades of elusive search for hydrocarbons in the Lake Chad Basin where the Federal Government spent about $340 million and additional N27 billion, in seismic expedition, Nigeria looks set to continue its crude oil exploration in the North East region.
But petroleum engineers, investment experts and geologists have warned the Buhari administration could yet burn its fingers in the long run as the geography of the zone may not guarantee a commercial find.
It was on the basis of this sentiment that the recent marching order handed down to the management of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) to resume oil search in the Chad Basin after 30 years of futile efforts is eliciting reactions from stakeholders in the oil and gas sector.

Source : http://sunnewsonline.com/how-fg-spent-340m-n27bn-in-search-of-crude oil-in-the-north/
Re: How FG Spent $340m, #27bn ln Search Of Crude Oil ln The North by herzern(m): 11:24pm On Aug 01, 2016
cool
Re: How FG Spent $340m, #27bn ln Search Of Crude Oil ln The North by herzern(m): 11:24pm On Aug 01, 2016
kiss
Re: How FG Spent $340m, #27bn ln Search Of Crude Oil ln The North by herzern(m): 11:25pm On Aug 01, 2016
kiss tongue
Re: How FG Spent $340m, #27bn ln Search Of Crude Oil ln The North by oduastates: 2:52am On Aug 02, 2016
Gas is more important and there is gas all over Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: How FG Spent $340m, #27bn ln Search Of Crude Oil ln The North by ideology(m): 3:43am On Aug 02, 2016
oduastates:
Gas is more important and there is gas all over Nigeria
we waste our gas resourse.

If Nigeria builds facilities to process gas, we will make more money from gas than oil.

I just wonder if our leaders have brain at all.
Re: How FG Spent $340m, #27bn ln Search Of Crude Oil ln The North by dokiOloye(m): 3:53am On Aug 02, 2016
Abokki wants to diversify Nigeria's economy.
He come de spend big money de find d same oil wey him wan diversify from.
Chaiii,ije akwukwo di mkpa.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How FG Spent $340m, #27bn ln Search Of Crude Oil ln The North by wadetaw202: 4:09am On Aug 02, 2016
Buhari is a fool and an economy-idiot. Instead of wasting resources on oil that will never be found, why not spend the money on planting groundnut in the north? They would have been able to bring back the groundnut pyramid again. But the north has grown lazy and would rather go for free money, hence the race after oil, the same oil that may never rise in global value anymore.

Buhari is a failure where economy is concerned. A complete failure, a real dullard. No money to finance budget, but there is money to waste on fruitless search for oil in the north.

6 Likes

Re: How FG Spent $340m, #27bn ln Search Of Crude Oil ln The North by Manamax(m): 1:11pm On Sep 05, 2016
dokiOloye:
Abokki wants to diversify Nigeria's economy.
He come de spend big money de find d same oil wey him wan diversify from.
Chaiii,ije akwukwo di mkpa.

Na so my brother 4rm d east

3 Likes

Re: How FG Spent $340m, #27bn ln Search Of Crude Oil ln The North by cjrane: 1:26pm On Sep 05, 2016
[size=15pt]Are they tired of searching? God is not mocked.

Let them go and borrow IMF loans and use it to search for oil in Sokoto and Katsina! Useless wicked people!

Instead of spending money on productive ventures or even repairing the refineries.

How can you choose to spend such outrageous amount on drilling into desert ground while the rest of the country are hungry? This is why Nigeria needs to break up for peace to reign.
[/size]

7 Likes

Re: How FG Spent $340m, #27bn ln Search Of Crude Oil ln The North by trapQ: 1:58pm On Sep 05, 2016
Wasting SS money finding oil in the north while millions of Nigerians are currently hungry and starving.

Starting from now, I think the Nigerian election should be done the way it is in America where candidates engage in debates. That way we get to know those who are grossly incompetent.

2 Likes

Re: How FG Spent $340m, #27bn ln Search Of Crude Oil ln The North by obailala(m): 2:38pm On Sep 05, 2016
ideology:
we waste our gas resourse.

If Nigeria builds facilities to process gas, we will make more money from gas than oil.

I just wonder if our leaders have brain at all.
This same gas that they keep bombing the pipelines everyday?
Re: How FG Spent $340m, #27bn ln Search Of Crude Oil ln The North by ideology(m): 2:48pm On Sep 05, 2016
oga, read up oil exploration, the gas in pipeline is just about 1/4 of gas released during exploitation, read up gas flaring, you will understand what I meant, good afternoon
obailala:
This same gas that they keep bombing the pipelines everyday?

1 Like

Re: How FG Spent $340m, #27bn ln Search Of Crude Oil ln The North by obailala(m): 3:51pm On Sep 05, 2016
ideology:
oga, read up oil exploration, the gas in pipeline is just about 1/4 of gas released during exploitation, read up gas flaring, you will understand what I meant, good afternoon
I live in the oil industry, and I am aware of the constraints to gas utilization in Nigeria. Maybe you should try reading up articles on the constraints to gas utilisation in Nigeria. A simple example is our thermal power plants across the nation which are always down due to gas supply issues; it's not that we don't have abundant gas or that we don't know how useful gas can be, but rather, we have a more demonic problem called 'pipeline vandalism' which has hindered gas utilisation in Nigeria for decades.
Re: How FG Spent $340m, #27bn ln Search Of Crude Oil ln The North by nowpresence(f): 4:02pm On Sep 05, 2016
....and they said that there is no money.
What shall it profit buhari to spend a large amount of money and still finds nothing.

2 Likes

Re: How FG Spent $340m, #27bn ln Search Of Crude Oil ln The North by Izonpikin: 4:12pm On Sep 05, 2016
obailala:
I live in the oil industry, and I am aware of the constraints to gas utilization in Nigeria. Maybe you should try reading up articles on the constraints to gas utilisation in Nigeria. A simple example is our thermal power plants across the nation which are always down due to gas supply issues; it's not that we don't have abundant gas or that we don't know how useful gas can be, but rather, we have a more demonic problem called 'pipeline vandalism' which has hindered gas utilization in Nigeria for decades.
pipeline vandalism is not the major factor for the under usage of gas in nigeria...the madness of our leaders is the major problem...

1 Like

Re: How FG Spent $340m, #27bn ln Search Of Crude Oil ln The North by obailala(m): 4:28pm On Sep 05, 2016
Izonpikin:
pipeline vandalism is not the major factor for the under usage of gas in nigeria...the madness of our leaders is the major problem...
Vandalism is one of the biggest hinderance to the efficient utilisation of gas in Nigeria. Yes there are other problems which rest mainly on the government paying only lip service to development of gas infrastructure, but you cannot play down the impact of vandalism. As an example, more than 50% of the gas power turbines in the country are lying idle presently, thanks to gas constraints.

1 Like

Re: How FG Spent $340m, #27bn ln Search Of Crude Oil ln The North by ideology(m): 4:42am On Sep 06, 2016
you are still not getting it, am no longer in the oil industry but If 3/4 of your gas is being flared, why worry about 1/4 loss through pipeline vandalism

Govt should partner with Private sector and build more storage and gas processing facilities. Visit frontier oil limited at Eket, you will see their gas processing plant, it is even not enough as they still flare a greater percentage

obailala:
I live in the oil industry, and I am aware of the constraints to gas utilization in Nigeria. Maybe you should try reading up articles on the constraints to gas utilisation in Nigeria. A simple example is our thermal power plants across the nation which are always down due to gas supply issues; it's not that we don't have abundant gas or that we don't know how useful gas can be, but rather, we have a more demonic problem called 'pipeline vandalism' which has hindered gas utilisation in Nigeria for decades.

1 Like

Re: How FG Spent $340m, #27bn ln Search Of Crude Oil ln The North by maasoap(m): 7:06am On Sep 06, 2016
Spending $340 millions in search of natural resources doesn't look that bad to me even if no oil is discovered. Dasuki alone gave gave out $2.1 billions to PDP members and their friends. How did Abacha loot that is still trapped overseas?
How much did Nigeria spend to discover oil in Niger Delta? It is called investment.
Re: How FG Spent $340m, #27bn ln Search Of Crude Oil ln The North by maasoap(m): 7:12am On Sep 06, 2016
wadetaw202:
Buhari is a fool and an economy-idiot. Instead of wasting resources on oil that will never be found, why not spend the money on planting groundnut in the north? They would have been able to bring back the groundnut pyramid again. But the north has grown lazy and would rather go for free money, hence the race after oil, the same oil that may never rise in global value anymore.

Buhari is a failure where economy is concerned. A complete failure, a real dullard. No money to finance budget, but there is money to waste on fruitless search for oil in the north.
Buhari is a fool and idiot, yet we have him as our president ruling and governing people like your father and you. What does that say about your father? Bigger fool and idiot I guess!
Re: How FG Spent $340m, #27bn ln Search Of Crude Oil ln The North by GoggleB(m): 7:21am On Sep 06, 2016
Buhari Mr Northerner..
Re: How FG Spent $340m, #27bn ln Search Of Crude Oil ln The North by Boleyndynasty2(f): 8:13am On Sep 06, 2016
But its really funny how other people who share boundaries with Nigeria at the lake Chad basin have oil but the North can't find nada undecided
Re: How FG Spent $340m, #27bn ln Search Of Crude Oil ln The North by ZKOSOSO(m): 8:24am On Sep 06, 2016
Money shared by Emirs and Imams?

Then took a picture with a drilling equipment to fool the world...?

Mega Hypocrisy.....
Re: How FG Spent $340m, #27bn ln Search Of Crude Oil ln The North by wadetaw202: 6:17pm On Sep 09, 2016
maasoap:

Buhari is a fool and idiot, yet we have him as our president ruling and governing people like your father and you. What does that say about your father? Bigger fool and idiot I guess!

It only means your father is a cvr5ed baztaaaard and that your mother is a ddog. It went further to mean you are are useless 1mbe51le and it equally means your whole family is cur5ed forever and you will never be free from this everlasting cvr5e.

Do you get it now?
Re: How FG Spent $340m, #27bn ln Search Of Crude Oil ln The North by cjrane: 11:30pm On Sep 09, 2016
[size=18pt]I wish they spent more money. In fact he should spend the entire 2016 budget digging holes in the north to get oil. grin grin grin

Even if there is oil in the North, God will not allow Buhari to find it now, because his intentions are very wicked for his "5% of Nigerians".[/size]

(1) (Reply)

Don’t Accuse PDP, Shehu Sani Tells El-rufai, Other PDP Defectors / I’m Working Hard To Change Things—buhari / Minister Of Women Affairs Collapses At IDP Camp (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.