Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,139 members, 7,814,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

Manchester City's Craig Bellamy In Post-match Altercation With Fan - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester City's Craig Bellamy In Post-match Altercation With Fan (652 Views)

Mancini To Bellamy - 'i Want U To Leave Now & Do Not Come Back For Three Months' / Bellamy, Given May Quit Man City / Hughes Hits Out At Ref Clattenburg Over Bellamy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Manchester City's Craig Bellamy In Post-match Altercation With Fan by bandely(m): 6:44pm On Sep 20, 2009
The Press Association have made available a photograph that appears to show Craig Bellamy of Manchester City involved in an altercation with a supporter after the Citizens' defeat in the Manchester derby.

The match ended 4-3 at Old Trafford, Manchester United's Michael Owen seeing to it that Craig Bellamy's two-goal haul was rendered meaningless.

The fiery Welshman had twice netted the equaliser to make the game 2-2 and then 3-3, the latter goal coming just before stoppage time began.

What caused the potential altercation, as well as the circumstances around this image, are not yet known.

In another off-pitch flashpoint, Javier Garrido of City was apparently struck by a missile thrown by a United fan at half-time.

But the Bellamy incident as yet remains unclear, with only this image below as yet released to the public.

Whether or not this incident overshadows Bellamy's effervescent two-goal performance remains to be seen.

Re: Manchester City's Craig Bellamy In Post-match Altercation With Fan by edoyad(m): 7:09pm On Sep 20, 2009
It's unfortunate what the referee did. Awarding phantom free kicks and adding time from space. I used to look down on Globacom premier league's officiating but i won't do so anymore. I really feel bad for Mancity cos what happened is worse than the disallowed Tottenham goal of a few season's ago.
I promise to start watching the Nigerian league from now on.

(1) (Reply)

Dangote Moves To Buy 16% Stake In Arsenal / Quote From An Arsenal Fan on Mourinho / Benitez Confirmed As Inter’s New Manager

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.