Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,112 members, 7,953,403 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:35 PM

Dogara In More Fire As APC Summons Jibrin - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dogara In More Fire As APC Summons Jibrin (493 Views)

APC Summons Governors Over Buhari’s Health, Convention / Buhari Receives Saraki And Dogara In London (Photos) / Budget Scandal: APC Summons Jibrin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Dogara In More Fire As APC Summons Jibrin by annnikky(f): 7:34am On Aug 02, 2016
– Abdulmumuni Jibrin, a former chairman of the House
committee on appropriation has been summoned by the
APC

– Jibrin’s summoning is not unconnected with his
move to deal with Speaker of the House of
Representatives, Yakubu Dogara

– Dogara might soon have his security details
withdrawn by the government

Embattled ex-chairman of the House Committee on
appropriation, Hon Abdulmumuni Jibrin has been
summoned by the All Progressives Congress (APC).

Reports suggest that on Monday, August 1, the APC
sent a letter to Abdulmumuni Jibrin, summoning him to
appear before a disciplinary committee at the party’s
national secretariat in Abuja not later than the afternoon
of Tuesday, July 2.

Premium Times reports that the ruling party said all
attempts to reach Mr Jibrin (who has remained
underground for almost two weeks) by telephone calls
and text messages were unsuccessful, leaving the party
with no choice than to write to him.

In the letter, dated August 1, 2016, and signed by the
party’s Deputy National Chairman for the Northern
Zone, Lawal Shuaibu, the APC expressed cautioned Mr.
Jibrin’s over his media campaign against the Speaker of
the House, Yakubu Dogara, and other principal officers
over allegation of budget fraud.

“To say the least, it is absolutely unacceptable to resort to media war as a means of settling scores without recourse to and/or exhausting the party’s internal dispute resolution mechanism,” the party said.

Jibrin was removed as chairman of the appropriation
committee in controversial circumstances on July 20 on
allegations of betrayal of trust.

The lawmaker fought back, embarking on a vicious
media campaign to have Dogara; his deputy, Yusuf
Lasun; House Whip, Alhassan Doguwa and Minority
Leader, Leo Ogor, removed from office. (Ogor is the
only PDP member of the four.)

Jibrin’s campaign had seen him release details about
how the passage of the 2016 budget was handled by
lawmakers in a way that portrayed them as fraudulent.
On July 29, he disclosed that he had dispatched
incriminating documents to the authorities, who
immediately swung into action.

By July 30, the State Security Service sealed the
Appropriation Committee Secretariat in the White House
Building of the National Assembly.

On Monday afternoon, Jibrin posted on his Twitter page
that he had visited the EFCC , the ICPC , the SSS and
police headquarters to personally hand in petitions
against Mr. Dogara and his colleagues.

In the APC’s letter to Jibrin, the party said the Kano
lawmaker’s action underscored a blatant disregard for
party supremacy and its existing dispute resolution
mechanism, adding that it would work to ensure that it
instilled discipline on all members.

“As a disciplined party, the constitution of our party has
made adequate provisions on ways of resolving any issue among our members,” Mr Shuaibu said.
“It behoves on the party to take all necessary steps in order to ensure that no member of the Family brings dishonour to the party.”

The APC, therefore, reiterated its notice for Mr. Jibrin to
appear before the party tomorrow, “urging” him to “be
guided accordingly” as he digested the content of the
letter. “You are, therefore, by this invitation, expected to appear before the undersigned at the APC National Secretariat on Tuesday, 2nd August, 2016, at 2 p.m. Kindly note that failure to and/or refusal to honour this invitation will amount to a decision you have made not to submit to the party."

Shortly after Jibrin announced his visits to law
enforcement agencies’ offices where he deposited
submitted petitions, Mr Ogor immediately welcomed the
move. “It’s a welcome development,” Mr. Ogor told newsmen. “Now that he has pushed the matter to the EFCC, then Nigerians should exercise patience to see what the truth of the matter is.”

Another lawmaker, Adams Jagaba, on Monday said
Jibrin should desist from further defaming him and
other lawmakers with the budget padding mess.

Jagaba said the warning became necessary after he
learnt that Mr. Jibrin had named him alongside others
who he accused of attempting to fraudulently inflate the
2016 budget figures, saying he had been a long time
proponent of selflessness in public service.

Mr. Jagaba, chairman of House Committee on Interior,
said he lived a “modest life,” unlike Mr. Jibrin who
allegedly occupied “posh personal apartment at the
highbrow Maitama District” of Abuja with “very
expensive automobiles.”

According to Jagaba, Jibrin’s car fleet included Toyota
Land Cruiser SUVs and Range Rover vehicles, he noted
that Jibrin moves around with a “very long convoy of
expensive cars with host of security guards armed to the teeth.”

Jagaba said his distaste for corruption dated back to his days as the chairman of teh House Committee on Anti- Corruption, saying he was amongst those who
championed the course for a total rejection of bribes
allegedly given to lawmakers by former President
Olusegun Obasanjo, a tenet he said he had continued to
uphold ever since.

“Ordinarily, I would have ignored the said publication, but I am compelled to respond for posterity sake. Without sounding immodest, my anti-corruption crusade dates back to my first term between 1999 and 2003, when I exposed the plot of the Presidency which attempted to bribe Honourable Members for the purposes of effecting a leadership change in the House of Representatives.”

“As Chairman, House Committee on Anti-Corruption then, I exhibited the money meant for that plot on the floor of the House at plenary. Again, in 2012, during the scandal that was referred to as “FAROUKGATE”, my name was mentioned. However, after thorough investigation by the Police and other relevant agencies, I was exonerated and given a clean bill of health,” Mr. Jagaba said.

Jagaba said he had continued to maintain a 2013
Toyota RAV4 mid-size SUV, saying Mr. Jibrin is the one
who allegedly had cause to be afraid of facing
consequences of his action.

“It amazes me, therefore, for Hon. Abdulmumini to petition the EFCC to investigate me for living above my means without giving any proof. As a third term member of the House of Representatives, I live in a rented three-bedroom
apartment that has no Boys Quarters. Amongst the cars I drive, the most expensive one is a 2013 Toyota RAV4 2.2 litre engine.

“I do not move around with a convoy of expensive cars. If as a third termer and at fifty-six (56) years of age this is a summary of my life-style as stated above, I have nothing to fear. Can this be said of Hon. Abdulmumini who is less than forty (40) years old and only a second termer? Certainly not,” Jagaba said.

“Hon. Abdulmumini may claim that he has been into
business for a long time. But the question remains, what type of business? Before his election in 2011, he was a lecturer. It is a known fact that he was arraigned by the EFCC in 2012 for some shady deals he got involved.

“It is characters like him who should tremble in fear at the mention of the name of EFCC. I hope I should not have cause to pick up my pen on this issue again, as Hon. Abdulmumini may not find it palatable. My counsel to him, therefore, is: “Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones” .

“Jibrin could not be reached for comment for this story.

https://www.naij.com/911983-national-assembly-fire-jibrin-dogara-feared-burnt-flames/

Re: Dogara In More Fire As APC Summons Jibrin by Wizzyblack3(m): 7:37am On Aug 02, 2016
Nawa o
Re: Dogara In More Fire As APC Summons Jibrin by Ahmed0336(m): 7:37am On Aug 02, 2016
All these while i thought dogara was smart. How could he play with jibrin knowing fully well jibrin has enough incriminating evidence against him. In this type of situation dogara should have kept jibrin close to him or.... Him You guys should fill in the blank space grin
Re: Dogara In More Fire As APC Summons Jibrin by Mynd44: 7:41am On Aug 02, 2016

(1)

Locate Your In The 2015 Domestic Debt Chart From The Drop Office! / President Buhari Inaugurates The Governing Council And Board For ND Cleanup / Why Is Buhari Only Fighting Corruption While People Are Suffering.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.