Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,656 members, 7,823,859 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

Prof. Ishaq Oloyede, New JAMB Registrar, Is The Right Man. See Why(photos) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Prof. Ishaq Oloyede, New JAMB Registrar, Is The Right Man. See Why(photos) (779 Views)

NECO Result 2017 June/july SSCE Is Out! – See What NECO Registrar Is Saying / Ishaq Yusuf, IBB University Lecturer Was Set Up & Stripped Unclad By Students / Ishaq Oloyede Resumes As JAMB Registrar; See How He Was Received (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Prof. Ishaq Oloyede, New JAMB Registrar, Is The Right Man. See Why(photos) by Nobody: 11:25am On Aug 02, 2016
During my stint as a student of the University of Ilorin, I was privileged to interact with Prof. Oloyede one-on-one, and I can attest that he is the man we need to transform the admission body, JAMB. These are the reasons:

1. He was a vice chancellor of a university, so he knows where the shoe pinches. He helped transformed University of Ilorin. He knew JAMB examination needed to be augmented to get the best out of the prospective undergraduates, hence he introduced computer-based test CBT in his university then.

2. He's a disciplinarian. He's upright in his dealings, and will not support cutting corners. While he holdsway as the UNILORIN VC, both staffs and students were on their toes. Erring individuals were not spared. Cultism, stealing, and examination malpractices became a thing of the past. I remember two students (who were siblings),who were caught on mini campus then, were not only expelled from the university, their pictures were pasted on both campuses, and on the internet for the world to see. Students who gained admission to UNILORIN by dubious means were not spared. Their names were posted online, newspapers, and messages sent to their parents. No room for laziness, idleness, etc.

3. Prof. Oloyede always remembers he was once a student, so he feels for student. I remember an occasion when UNILORIN wanted to review her school fees. The students union delegates ( the Union Executives Under Animashaun Jubril, JB, and the Representatives, led by Affirmantin, then) were given the privilege to meet with the university authority to bargain the new school fees. I was a delegate then. This happened during the holiday. So, we came from home. The VC made provision for our transport fares, our hotel lodging allowance, and feeding for the 3 days the session lasted. After much negotiations, we arrived at the affordable school fees, as proposed by the students.

4. He's a man of standard. He believes in quality, not quantity. In his days in UNILORIN , like I said earlier, lecturers were on their toes. He sneaked in to lecture halls unexpectedly for on-the-spot assessment of lecturers. UNILORIN witnessed the best in information technology, and infrastructural developments. I remember, in the delegate meeting I mentioned above, a student spoke "very bad English". The VC was embarrassed. He was a 400L student. He handed the young man over to the H.O.D, general studies for holiday coaching on the Use of English, and ordered that he would not graduate until his spoken and written English had improved. According to him, UNILORIN graduates must be above board.

5. He's a good listener. I remember a particular session, our hostel toilets were in a bad shape. As the Hall Chairman, I took the pictures of the toilets, and sent them to him. He came down to the mini campus with his team for first hand inspection, and In a matter of two weeks, he released some huge money to fixed the toilets with the best accessories.

6. He's a God-fearing man. I'm a Christian, but I know his faith would never allow him to compromise.

7. He's concerned about the quality of education, especially in tertiary institutions. I can remember he invited the NUC Chairman then, DR Okebukola, to deliver lectures on the rating of universities in Nigeria, and how Nigerian universities can be among the best in the world. So, now that he's at the helm of affairs, and saddled with the responsibility to conduct entrance examinations to the tertiary institutions, I see a transformation in the education sector.

8. Caveat Emptor: Let me warn the bad apples among JAMB officials that their days are numbered. Prof. Oloyede is a disciplinarian to the core. Some erring lecturers who were caught harassing students in UNILORIN then would never forget their sad end. Even, Kehinde Oloyede, the VC's son, and a medical student then, knew he must comport himself well, because his father would not cordon indiscipline . I can say categorically, that JAMB would not be business as usual. We are going back to the good old days of JAMB. All we can do is to wish this icon well in his national service.

Professor Ishaq Oloyede is the best man for the job. This is the best appointment under this administration.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nelson Mandela - ALT Masters Scholarship, Canada / What The Shoulder Joint Gains In Mobility, It Loses In Stability. / Video Of Police Shooting At LAUTECH Students For Peaceful Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.