Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,506 members, 7,819,834 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Ios Or Android {battery} - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Ios Or Android {battery} (373 Views)

Why You Choosing A Iphone Or Android Phone? The Picture Is Show The Truth. / Android Battery Killers: 5 Worst Apps That Use Up Smartphone Battery / How Long Does Your Android Battery Last When Charged Full (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ios Or Android {battery} by solepager(m): 2:12pm On Aug 02, 2016
I am not starting this thread to argue if IOS is better than android/virus attack/updates/more apps etc.

I have use a good amount of android phones and i am well conversant with its operating system. Currently using an infinix hot note 2{rooted} 4000mah battery life and i can say it's serving its purpose. But i have been following the iphone threads and i am really curious about what it can offer me. I am ready to jailbreak it{some threads say when you jailbreak an iphone the battery life reduces but just a tiny bit} because i dont want to limit myself not "interacting" with other phone users.

Like i said at the begining of this post, its not about if android have more apps or if i get an iphone i cant use my favorite apps or customise it. I can get around that.

The question is about the battery life.

Iphone 5 and 6 is 1440/1810 mah respectively. Does it last long? From my little experience i should be seeing something like at least 2500mah. Or am i missing something? Please if you have use an android phone at least 4000mah battery life compared to iphone 5/6. Which serves you better?
(BATTERY LIFE O)
Re: Ios Or Android {battery} by Nobody: 2:33pm On Aug 02, 2016
The plain truth is that android is more power hungry than iOS. If an iPhone and an android have the same battery capacity (let's say 2,500mah) then the iPhone will last almost 2 times than the android. I have a galaxy s6 with 2,550mah battery and an iPhone 5c with 1,510mah battery (both stock), on paper the Samsung should last much more, but in reality, my s6 normally gets to 10% by 2pm while my iPhone lasts until 7pm before I get low battery.

Some people will say it is the screen size.. well it also matters but don't forget iPhone 6 plus has a 5.5 inch screen and 2,915 mah battery but the battery life is far far better than galaxy note 5 with 3,000mah battery. In fact iPhone 6 plus is one of the phones on the market with the best battery life and the battery is not even up to 3,000mah, it beats the hell out of many android phones with 4,000 and above mah. That is how good ios is in battery management.

Also iphones have the best battery standby. If I leave my iPhone at 100% and go to bed in the night, by the time I wake up 7am I will still have 100% battery, whereas on the Samsung I would have like 95% with wifi off, but with wifi on I would have between 87-90% in the morning. On the iPhone whether wifi is on or off I normally have 100%, at worse 99%. Some android phones also have good battery standby eg LG G5 but most android phones have terrible battery standby.

(1) (Reply)

You Can Now Make Money By Creating Videos On Twitter / Blackberry 10 Users Important Info!! READ!!! / Use Efritin’s Buy Now Service For Free Delivery On Phones & More Within 24 Hours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.