Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,907 members, 7,835,024 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

Budget Padding: DSS Lacks Rights To Investigate Reps, Says Falana - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Budget Padding: DSS Lacks Rights To Investigate Reps, Says Falana (15031 Views)

The Man Who Wants Igbo To Leave The North Lives In Lagos, Says Falana / Buhari Not A Democrat, Lacks Moral Rights To Intervene In Gambia – Fayose / Budget Padding: DSS, Police Get Buhari’s Nod On Probes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Budget Padding: DSS Lacks Rights To Investigate Reps, Says Falana by musicwriter(m): 4:19pm On Aug 02, 2016
This's exactly how Farouk Lawan who was caught red-handed taking bribe was set free under GEJ. Suddenly, nobody knew whether it was the job of the EFCC or ICPC or police to get him arrested.

And, APC say they're fighting corrupting?

APC = PDP.

1 Like

Re: Budget Padding: DSS Lacks Rights To Investigate Reps, Says Falana by hollandis(f): 4:20pm On Aug 02, 2016
stano2:
Better go through the post before u acting Dumb. He never said investigation shouldn't be carried out.. .just read the post.
No time
What character are you in walking dead?
Re: Budget Padding: DSS Lacks Rights To Investigate Reps, Says Falana by mpowa(m): 4:23pm On Aug 02, 2016
rita25:
FALANA SHUT UP JPR SO THAT MEANS THEY CAN PAD THE BUDGET ABI? WITH PAD OR PAMPERS? A BUDGET THAT IS LACKING AND DONE TO FAVOUR CERTAIN SECTORS AS AGAINST OTHERS IRRATIONALLY WAS PADDED AND YPU ARE SAYING REPS CANNOT BE QUIZZED?....HW MUCH DEM DON PAY YOU TO AIR YOUR LAWYER MUMU VIEWS? OLD MAN NO SENSE undecided

A person who cannot read and a person who read but can't comprehend are the same...illiterates, which one is your problem?

3 Likes

Re: Budget Padding: DSS Lacks Rights To Investigate Reps, Says Falana by masseratti: 4:26pm On Aug 02, 2016
stobery:
But DSS has right to investigate a sitting governor abi?
yes they do if it has something to do with national security, but Economic, no thats left for efcc

1 Like

Re: Budget Padding: DSS Lacks Rights To Investigate Reps, Says Falana by Pidggin(f): 4:27pm On Aug 02, 2016
Is it not this same DSS that has been arresting PDP members?

1 Like

Re: Budget Padding: DSS Lacks Rights To Investigate Reps, Says Falana by Harwoyeez(m): 4:28pm On Aug 02, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Budget Padding: DSS Lacks Rights To Investigate Reps, Says Falana by festusbarry(m): 4:32pm On Aug 02, 2016
[color=#000099][/color]
lacks right indeed. Next topic

1 Like

Re: Budget Padding: DSS Lacks Rights To Investigate Reps, Says Falana by stano2(m): 4:38pm On Aug 02, 2016
hollandis:

What character are you in walking dead?
Rick and u?
Re: Budget Padding: DSS Lacks Rights To Investigate Reps, Says Falana by Rexnegro(m): 4:44pm On Aug 02, 2016
Khd95:

Mr sabi,pls can d EFCC collaborate with DSS to arrest these people
You re an ungrateful being #smh
Re: Budget Padding: DSS Lacks Rights To Investigate Reps, Says Falana by hajlat(m): 4:46pm On Aug 02, 2016
eph12:
I think this is a case for the police. No looting or theft of public funds have been done yet.

Have you heard of ATTEMTED MURDER before?
This is a case of attempted stealing.We will not let them do the act before dealibg with them,since murder has not been committed before charging for attempted murder.
Re: Budget Padding: DSS Lacks Rights To Investigate Reps, Says Falana by KingBelieve: 5:11pm On Aug 02, 2016
Daura secret service

1 Like

Re: Budget Padding: DSS Lacks Rights To Investigate Reps, Says Falana by Nobody: 5:13pm On Aug 02, 2016
Falana justified the prosecution of a sitting Governor under immunity clause but opposes that of mere Honourables? I don't gerrit.

1 Like

Re: Budget Padding: DSS Lacks Rights To Investigate Reps, Says Falana by fergie001: 5:24pm On Aug 02, 2016
9jatriot:
For those who will not read and start comment for or against Falana and even insulting him, what he is simply saying is that DSS has no moral and Legal right to investigate the house since the alleged crime is a financial one that the police, EFCC or ICPC can handle.
My dear,he lost his moral grounds d day he went to defend that certificate ish
Annoyingly,he sanctioned the investigation of a Sitting Gov with Immunity.
As Nigerians,selective justice will do us no good.FALANA after this administration will be worth nothing because of his many flippancies.We will never 4get Gani

1 Like

Re: Budget Padding: DSS Lacks Rights To Investigate Reps, Says Falana by dhantey324(m): 5:29pm On Aug 02, 2016
Where was Falana when d dss were running riot in Ekiti? Integrity Challenged Activist undecided

2 Likes

Re: Budget Padding: DSS Lacks Rights To Investigate Reps, Says Falana by DabuIIIT: 5:35pm On Aug 02, 2016
9jatriot:
For those who will not read and start comment for or against Falana and even insulting him, what he is simply saying is that DSS has no moral and Legal right to investigate the house since the alleged crime is a financial one that the police, EFCC or ICPC can handle.

mr sabinus, all arrest are the same,and besides dss take orders from the bubu not one hungry lawyer...so in effect,efcc shud thank dss and take over and get dem all including that rascal and holy thief,gbajabiamillaWhateverThatMeans..
Re: Budget Padding: DSS Lacks Rights To Investigate Reps, Says Falana by octal2003(m): 5:45pm On Aug 02, 2016
But the house can investigate anybody. Who can investigate our law maker?
Re: Budget Padding: DSS Lacks Rights To Investigate Reps, Says Falana by dracosith(m): 5:51pm On Aug 02, 2016
9jatriot:
help me tell dem abeg. Hahahahha
Re: Budget Padding: DSS Lacks Rights To Investigate Reps, Says Falana by confiritch(m): 5:57pm On Aug 02, 2016
The Senior Lawyer just displayed selective amnesia. He cited the National Security Agencies Act by mentioning "Crimes against internal security in Nigeria", but failed to mention " Economic crimes of National Security dimension in Nigeria". Since the DSS has the powers to investigate matters relating to breach of security, law and order, and transfer the outcome to the Attorney-General of the Federation for onward prosecution. Then, the case of budget padding should not be an exception. If one is not guilty of any wrong-doing, why the jittery. Some maxims of equity are: He who seek equity, must do equity. He who comes to equity, must come with clean hands. Delay defeats equity, equity aids the vigilant.

1 Like

Re: Budget Padding: DSS Lacks Rights To Investigate Reps, Says Falana by dracosith(m): 5:57pm On Aug 02, 2016
eph12:
I think this is a case for the police. No looting or theft of public funds have been done yet.
wot is this on saying, "budget paddling is not looting?" pls are u from otuke?
Re: Budget Padding: DSS Lacks Rights To Investigate Reps, Says Falana by eph12(m): 6:00pm On Aug 02, 2016
dracosith:
wot is this on saying, "budget paddling is not looting?" pls are u from otuke?
Yea am from otuke. You from daura?

1 Like

Re: Budget Padding: DSS Lacks Rights To Investigate Reps, Says Falana by dracosith(m): 6:04pm On Aug 02, 2016
eph12:

Yea am from otuke. You from daura?
no am not. DSS should not investigate is not the same as paddling is not looting. Think!!!
Re: Budget Padding: DSS Lacks Rights To Investigate Reps, Says Falana by drss2(m): 6:10pm On Aug 02, 2016
attention seeker sad where was falana wen dss arrest ekiti state law makers coersing dem to impeach fayose dis man is d reason why i dont give a dam about dis so called human rights activist. they ar notin but hypocrites.

1 Like

Re: Budget Padding: DSS Lacks Rights To Investigate Reps, Says Falana by eph12(m): 6:12pm On Aug 02, 2016
dracosith:
no am not. DSS should not investigate is not the same as paddling is not looting. Think!!!
Guess the police is finally useless since they are not good for anything.
Fact is padding is not looting just like attempted murder is not murder.
I believe you are smart so look at this scenario. 100 billion for borehole was sneaked into the budget. 60 billion was actually used and the remaining was used to build a hospital. Is this the same as looting?
Re: Budget Padding: DSS Lacks Rights To Investigate Reps, Says Falana by dracosith(m): 6:21pm On Aug 02, 2016
eph12:

Guess the police is finally useless since they are not good for anything.
Fact is padding is not looting just like attempted murder is not murder.
I believe you are smart so look at this scenario. 100 billion for borehole was sneaked into the budget. 60 billion was actually used and the remaining was used to build a hospital. Is this the same as looting?
and u feel that doesn't require punishment..
Re: Budget Padding: DSS Lacks Rights To Investigate Reps, Says Falana by linearity: 6:26pm On Aug 02, 2016
rita25:
FALANA SHUT UP JPR SO THAT MEANS THEY CAN PAD THE BUDGET ABI? WITH PAD OR PAMPERS? A BUDGET THAT IS LACKING AND DONE TO FAVOUR CERTAIN SECTORS AS AGAINST OTHERS IRRATIONALLY WAS PADDED AND YPU ARE SAYING REPS CANNOT BE QUIZZED?....HW MUCH DEM DON PAY YOU TO AIR YOUR LAWYER MUMU VIEWS? OLD MAN NO SENSE undecided

I guess you did not read what he said, he never said, they can pad the budget nor did he say they cannot be investigated, he is merely saying that it is not the duty of DSS to do the investigation since constitutionally they are restricted to security matters.

He also indicated that, the Police and EFCC have commenced investigations and that, they should go to the root of the matter.

Somehow Falana, is saving the government from having this case dismissed on technicalities.

1 Like

Re: Budget Padding: DSS Lacks Rights To Investigate Reps, Says Falana by damon222: 6:29pm On Aug 02, 2016
businessweb:

I don't know why the Director of DSS, Mr Daura cannot confine himself within the area of authority and jurisdiction bestowed on his agency by the constitution. He should concentrate more energy to undercover activities that will locate the hiding places of kidnappers, armed robbers, oil pipeline vandals, electricity saboteurs, and many others who create so much insecurity in the country....and get them arrested for prosecution. Mr Daura: Nigerians are living dangerously due to insecurity problems everywhere. Where is Tompolo? Your hands are already full with jobs undone and you must not cross paths and create problems with other agencies by always dabbling into where you have little or no business. Internal security is seriously begging for your attention, leave the EFCC and the Police to deal with financial and economic crimes... refer such cases to appropriate agencies if you run into them. Please, Mr Daura!
Non sense like the foolish Buhari. Na Tompolo own dey pain you? The country dom go down completely and your domestic animal is doing nothing instead you na Tompolo own dey pain you.
Re: Budget Padding: DSS Lacks Rights To Investigate Reps, Says Falana by eph12(m): 6:36pm On Aug 02, 2016
dracosith:
and u feel that doesn't require punishment..
Haba. Is the police that useless that they cannot do any investigation and prosecute a case? Check my first post u quoted, I actually suggested that this was a case for the police. I may be wrong though.
Re: Budget Padding: DSS Lacks Rights To Investigate Reps, Says Falana by sunshine1974(m): 7:57pm On Aug 02, 2016
If u ask me Femi Falana is nothing but a glorified charge and bail lawyer, he's just a noise maker, for ur information that man has not won any major case for the past 5yrs. I doubt if dey still hire him for cases though.
Re: Budget Padding: DSS Lacks Rights To Investigate Reps, Says Falana by 2map(m): 7:58pm On Aug 02, 2016
See as people just dey talk nonsense. He simply said DSS has no power to take over the investigation, because it will amount to them acting beyond their statutory powers.
I guess only the learned will understand this, sighs.
Re: Budget Padding: DSS Lacks Rights To Investigate Reps, Says Falana by 2map(m): 8:01pm On Aug 02, 2016
sunshine1974:
If u ask me Femi Falana is nothing but a glorified charge and bail lawyer, he's just a noise maker, for ur information that man has not won any major case for the past 5yrs. I doubt if dey still hire him for cases though.
You obviously have no idea of who this man is.
Re: Budget Padding: DSS Lacks Rights To Investigate Reps, Says Falana by sunshine1974(m): 8:21pm On Aug 02, 2016
2map:

You obviously have no idea of who this man is.
pls tell me who he is with facts pls.......im waiting, den I will give u my facts tooo
Re: Budget Padding: DSS Lacks Rights To Investigate Reps, Says Falana by oluwasegun007(m): 8:37pm On Aug 02, 2016
9jatriot:

Thanks for the summary...cos rit now i no get Nigeria time.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Gov. Ganduje Launches Free Delivery Kit To Pregnant Women In Kano / Akeredolu And Oby Ezekwesili At Lagos Innovating Justice Conference (Pics) / IMF Should Provide Alternatives To Nigeria If Loans From China Is Bad - Elumelu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.