Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,192 members, 7,822,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

Inspiration : How I Became An Ardent Fan Of Ronaldo - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Inspiration : How I Became An Ardent Fan Of Ronaldo (380 Views)

“I Became A Billionaire Even Without A University Degree” — Folorunsho Alakija / Lionel Messi Rescues A Tearful Young Fan Of His (video). / If You Re A Big Fan Of Chidinma Then Say Something About This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Inspiration : How I Became An Ardent Fan Of Ronaldo by Nobody: 8:47pm On Aug 02, 2016
You will learn and add something new today, just ride along with me.
Football , a game that brings about peace and discord, argument and agreement, profit and price, to mention a few. This round leather game has been around for centuries now, and has also affected me in a different dimension some weeks ago.
To my jolting story, I know you eager.
Some years back during my early stages as a football fan, I was a fan of
Manchester United. Something that triggered me to follow this team is mainly because of their superb coach-
Sir Alex Ferguson , and a world star-
Ronaldo which I so much cherish. To be sincere, then it’s either him or no other player, who cares about Messi?
But it become interesting day by day, UEFA champions league, Bpl , Community shield and the likes, trophy kept on coming in.
To crown it all my most admired player- Ronaldo won the best player in the world. Great I did say.
Every thing was smooth until 2009, I was pricked when I heard the news Real Madrid will be offering to buy him out of Man U.”Ye!!! What’s my next line of action?” This is the poem I chant everywhere with the hope that Ronaldo will reject the offer. It was appalling when I heard Ronaldo will be going to Santiago Barnabeu(Reals Stadium). Let me crack you, I did not eat the day I heard the news.
Since then I “hated” Ronaldo From bone to blood, then I choose to be a fan of Messi. Anytime I have the opportunity, I always adjudicate that Messi is better than Ronaldo with anything I have. I wasted my Data on Googling why “Messi is better than Ronaldo for years” . I will use my blood and water to fight anybody that says Ronaldo is better than Ronaldo.
I got the shock of my life a day I was arguing amidst tens of Ronaldo fans in our Campus common room, they beat me ehn, mouth can not explain it.
But my turning point was the Euro 2016 Final between France and Portugal, since Messi failed in Copa America, I did not want Ronaldo to win.
I watched the game in Beer Parlour because there was no other means on campus, but that doesn’t stop me from arguing.
The game continued, until the 25th minutes when Ronaldo was injured,
he tried to continue but fell in anguish and started crying, I was touched, perplexed and I started weeping, the memories of when I was his fan kept rolling across my view.
I did not know when I stood up and started shouting “Portugal!!! Ronaldo!!!” , people around kept watching in amazement. I was crying and chanting his name.
I kept on weeping till Ronaldo came back to the pitch and started acting as a coach. I received a touch from the god of football. When they won the cup eventually, I danced for hours crying.
Now am a Ronaldo’s Fan likewise Messi’s fan. They are great!!!!

But I Learnt some great Lessons

I wasted my Data searching for truth in Fable’s Garage for years. Trying to paint lie truth.
We all should be happy that we are in a world where we are able to watch this great players play on our screen, and we will have a great story to tell about football to the Next generation.

To cap it all I will be fanning Manchester United next football season.

Thanks for Reading

https://scholarzine./2016/08/02/how-i-became-an-ardent-fan-of-ronaldo/

1 Like

Re: Inspiration : How I Became An Ardent Fan Of Ronaldo by abimbawealth(f): 10:31pm On Aug 02, 2016
Hmmmm

(1) (Reply)

See The Winner Of The Gr8jobsng Win A Tab Promo / Is There Actually A God / Enmity In Nigerian Politics, And The Resultant Derogation To The Educational Sec

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.