Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,484 members, 7,861,393 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 11:30 AM

Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Drug Trafficking, Fake Passport - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Drug Trafficking, Fake Passport (488 Views)

30-Year-Old Nigerian Arrested In India For Trafficking Cocaine, Hard Drugs. PICS / 7 Nigerians Arrested In India For Drug Trafficking / 3 Nigerian Pilgrims Arrested In Saudi Arabia For Drug Trafficking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Drug Trafficking, Fake Passport by Bleepyou: 7:07am On Aug 03, 2016
Four key members of an international narcotic drug cartel including a Nigerian have been arrested by the police in India.The Nigerian, Michael Chinedu Chukwudi, was nabbed alongside Balwinder Singh, Surender Singh, and Catherine Leonard Mrope, a Tanzania national.According to India Today, the suspects were arrested following a tip-off.The suspects usually smuggled drugs inside household items. They had secret cavities carved inside suitcases, bags, household items used to safely smuggle the drugs to India.Prior to their arrest, the police had received information that two persons: Balwinder Singh and Surender Singh came to Delhi and had procured a big consignment of heroin from African nationals from Dwarka and were to supply heroin near Rohini jail.Following the information, the police reportedly laid a trap near the petrol pumpand arrested the duo who disclosed that they were part of a massive international narcotic syndicate.An Assistant Police Inspector, API Wagh, said about 4 kilograms of heroin were recovered from the drug suppliers, a car, several mobile handsets along with SIM cards used in drug trafficking were also recovered.“The international value of recovered heroin is over Rs 16 crores,” the police inspector said.“Police formed two teams conducted simultaneous raids at both the hideouts inDwarka and Gurgaon.“During this operation, the main kingpin ofthis cartel, Nigeria’s Michael Chinedu Chukwudi was nabbed from his rented house in Gurgaon and one kg heroin was recovered from him. Two passports were also recovered from his apartment.“In the other raid at other rented house of the said Nigerian, two more passports from Tanzania and South Africa having photographs of his wife Catherine LeonardMrope were recovered.“Fake passport of South Africa was also having stickers of fake visa of India and fake immigration stamps.“His wife, Catherine Leonard Mrope was also arrested for illegally staying in India and for forgery and possession of fake passport and other incriminating documents.Both foreigners were interrogated in detail,during which Michael Chinedu Chukwudi reportedly said he has been supplying heroin to drugs supplier including Balwinder and Surender the last six months, adding that he used to get the supply of heroin from another Nigerian.”Chukwudi was also said to have told the police that the fake South African passport was forged by him because his Nigerian passport had expired and he had to shift to Gurgaon a week ago.

http://www..ng/2016/08/02/nigerian-man-arrested-india-drug-trafficking-fake-passport/
Re: Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Drug Trafficking, Fake Passport by PrinceAbinibi: 7:36am On Aug 03, 2016
NCAN I have cooked, abeg beans don oooo come carry your plate oooo

Chief Chef NCAN Lagos Branch

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Drug Trafficking, Fake Passport by echo2(m): 7:38am On Aug 03, 2016
As a duly elected president of Lagos state name checkers association...I here by confirm its the hardworking Jew, awon oniranu.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Drug Trafficking, Fake Passport by Magician1503(m): 7:44am On Aug 03, 2016
I came
I checked
I saw and ...
I laugh grin grin

I'm beginning to think it's their divine call grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Drug Trafficking, Fake Passport by rheether(f): 7:58am On Aug 03, 2016
Doing it like jagaban.
Re: Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Drug Trafficking, Fake Passport by Flexherbal(m): 8:03am On Aug 03, 2016
Another bad egg!
Re: Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Drug Trafficking, Fake Passport by tyson99(m): 11:15am On Aug 03, 2016
NCAN sagamu branch

Their ears don block

(1) (Reply)

EFCC Killed My Husband Hours After Arrest.wife Of Late Defence Ministry Official / South African Man Stabs 13-year-old Girl Girl To Death ... For Not Giving Him N3 / WTF! Fraudsters Caught By Police Fighting Over How To Share Dollars They Scammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.