Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,933 members, 7,828,255 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

Is There A Career Path In This! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is There A Career Path In This! (1035 Views)

How Lucrative Is Pharmacy As A Career? / Possible Career Path For A Physics Graduate / Career Path In Finance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There A Career Path In This! by MyPeace(f): 10:03am On Dec 08, 2006
Hello everyone,

I really want people to decipher this aspect of me.  sometimes i ponder  over it.

I am a kind of person that drives joy in helping people.  When I was in school, I was the best among my "Click",  before exam, I will teach them, and they will confess they understand it better when I teach them than the lecturers. I teach them the way I will even answer the question if it comes out in exam, even if other classmates come, i will teach them same, that my 'Click" will be complaining that everybody will end up writing the same thing. (personally I don't mind, as it gives me joy doing it)

I also hate seeing people 'genuinely'  suffering when i can help.  But I found out that am more pathetic when it concerns outsiders than my own, that my big sister calls me "omere oha" (means doing for outsiders)
I don't have any connection whatsoever, apart from God, but with my help, all my clicks got jobs even others.  I took there unemployment as if am the one, and today they are all employed.  (they call me[b] employment agency[/b])

Some times, I begin to wonder, is this just a Gift from GOD or a mere attribute that can be enhanced?

However, am so happy with this, as it brings so much joy to my soul and makes me have quality friends.

Please comment.
Re: Is There A Career Path In This! by casper(m): 12:09pm On Dec 08, 2006
may be you should look into studing courses like occupational therapy, pshycology or if you have finished skool look into working for the United Nations, working for the UN might need you to volunteer a little.

i think you said you are working now? if you are, you can chose an orphanage to volunteer for maybe during the weekends then subsequetly apply for a job in the UN.

best of Luck

my2cents
Re: Is There A Career Path In This! by MyPeace(f): 3:20pm On Dec 08, 2006
Thanks for your contribution.

The orphanage stuff, how do i go about it? what does it entail?
Re: Is There A Career Path In This! by casper(m): 3:43pm On Dec 08, 2006
just go to anyone and apply for a Job as usuall and tell them u want to volunteer, and if you choose a day like saturday it does not have to be the whole day it could just be 4 hrrs and then u do it for like 1yr and they will never ssay u did not work there.

just don't have the feeling that it is volunteer, " i will go when i feel like" make it constant. and it will aid u getting a job in UN

and if you feel it is far from your house you can take money just for fuel and nothing more. remember it is volunteer
Re: Is There A Career Path In This! by MyPeace(f): 3:56pm On Dec 08, 2006
this is indeed a great suggestion. I will see how it goes. Sorry for this last question. What will I apply as?
Re: Is There A Career Path In This! by casper(m): 6:25am On Dec 11, 2006
just a regular staff but make sure you put say na volunteer you wan do or else you might not be considered, as u know naija na!!

peace
Re: Is There A Career Path In This! by MyPeace(f): 8:25am On Dec 11, 2006
Thx
Re: Is There A Career Path In This! by tainzo(m): 7:25pm On Dec 13, 2006
Follow your mind girl.
I think you will make a very great inpact on a lot of people if you actually go ahead.
Regards.
Re: Is There A Career Path In This! by karanolu(m): 9:51pm On Dec 14, 2006
save one for me mypeace.thanks for your advice .we'll talk more later cheers.

(1) (Reply)

Spring Bank: Be Ready / Relocation Packages / Yamakuza! I Have A Question For You.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.