Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,923 members, 7,952,717 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 10:13 PM

What Has Gone Wrong With My Laptop? Please Help! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / What Has Gone Wrong With My Laptop? Please Help! (1396 Views)

I Want To Buy A Laptop . Please Advise Me / Help! What Could Be Wrong With My Computer? / How To Format A Laptop, Please Help!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Has Gone Wrong With My Laptop? Please Help! by johnny2013(m): 7:28am On Aug 03, 2016
Nairalanders please help. I bought this brand new HP about six months ago, equipped with windows 8.1, 500 gb and 4 gb RAM.
After few weeks, some of the windows live tiles e.g weather, sport, Skype and most applications even the Microsoft app store all don't open anymore. Meaning I can't do anything with it except browsing and Microsoft Word, Excel, outlook etc.
I noticed that the system needs updates and I have updated it yet they are still not working.
Please I need help to get the problem solved.
your advice please all gurus in the house

Re: What Has Gone Wrong With My Laptop? Please Help! by klassykute(m): 7:33am On Aug 03, 2016
format the pc and re install
Re: What Has Gone Wrong With My Laptop? Please Help! by sobastical: 7:43am On Aug 03, 2016
Flush out that window, prolly it wasn't a genuine window that was on it initially
Re: What Has Gone Wrong With My Laptop? Please Help! by johnny2013(m): 8:06am On Aug 03, 2016
Ok. Thanks for your prompt response.
But they were initially working
Re: What Has Gone Wrong With My Laptop? Please Help! by Donald3d(m): 9:10am On Aug 03, 2016
johnny2013:
Ok. Thanks for your prompt response.
But they were initially working
Dont Mind all this people telling you to format ooo,if its really a genuine Windows you are making a big mistake , here is what you should do
1.We need more details of what happened before the anomaly started ,what you installed before the anomaly started
2.But,you can do this before the details, remember when last your computer performed well and do a system restore to that date or a date before that date .Lets know the result
cool cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: What Has Gone Wrong With My Laptop? Please Help! by khalhokage(m): 10:26am On Aug 03, 2016
Just upgrade to Windows 10
Re: What Has Gone Wrong With My Laptop? Please Help! by AKBliv010(m): 12:06am On Aug 04, 2016
johnny2013:
Nairalanders please help. I bought this brand new HP about six months ago, equipped with windows 8.1, 500 gb and 4 gb RAM.
After few weeks, some of the windows live tiles e.g weather, sport, Skype and most applications even the Microsoft app store all don't open anymore. Meaning I can't do anything with it except browsing and Microsoft Word, Excel, outlook etc.
I noticed that the system needs updates and I have updated it yet they are still not working.
Please I need help to get the problem solved.
your advice please all gurus in the house

Backup your personal files to a removable storage first.

Windows 8 should allow you 'Reset' the PC and keep or remove your files/settings. This should potentially modify/repair any damaged system files.

To reset your PC- I assume it's touch screen
1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
2. Tap or click Update and recovery, and then tap or click Recovery.
3. Under Remove everything and reinstall Windows, tap or click Get started.
4. Follow the instructions on the screen.

If no touch screen, press the 'Windows' key and type 'Setting' and continue from step 2.

Be connected to the Internet to download the appropriate drivers for your PC.
Re: What Has Gone Wrong With My Laptop? Please Help! by johnny2013(m): 11:45am On Aug 04, 2016
Thanks everyone, I will do that and get back to you
Re: What Has Gone Wrong With My Laptop? Please Help! by dasdexter(m): 3:08pm On Aug 04, 2016
before u try anything, try this first, open command prompt in administrator mode, then type this code sfc/scannow after scanning try opening ur Windows store apps.
Re: What Has Gone Wrong With My Laptop? Please Help! by johnny2013(m): 1:49pm On Aug 08, 2016
dasdexter:
before u try anything, try this first, open command prompt in administrator mode, then type this code sfc/scannow after scanning try opening ur Windows store apps.

Pls can you guide me on this? I don't think I understand much of this administrator mode. How do I access it? Thanks
Re: What Has Gone Wrong With My Laptop? Please Help! by dasdexter(m): 7:36pm On Aug 08, 2016
johnny2013:

Pls can you guide me on this? I don't think I understand much of this administrator mode. How do I access it? Thanks
open ur search bar and type command prompt, right click on it there will be an option to run/open as administrator.
Re: What Has Gone Wrong With My Laptop? Please Help! by dasdexter(m): 7:39pm On Aug 08, 2016
ur search icon is at the charms bar, i believe u already know
Re: What Has Gone Wrong With My Laptop? Please Help! by legicash: 7:50am On Aug 24, 2016
I believe its a virus that has affected the system files ..I reccomend a fresh OS sire..

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Buy A Core I5 Or Core I7 Laptop. / Advance Graphic Design With Yemlat / HP Pavilion Dv4 (350g,4gram)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.