Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,537 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:00 AM

Pastor Adeboye Or God? Who's Right? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Adeboye Or God? Who's Right? (570 Views)

Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" / "Who Can Donate N1 Billion?" Pastor Adeboye Asks - Daddy Freeze, Davido React / Big Bang Or God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Or God? Who's Right? by Otth(f): 7:55am On Aug 03, 2016
Yesterday, Nigerian twitter was on fire as a result of Pastor E.A. Adeboye's thoughts regarding relationships and some other rules he made for ministers. If you didn't hear or read anything about it, let me give you a brief introduction of some of the things he said that caused a lot of arguments on the internet. He urged ladies not to marry a man who doesn't work because such man intends to live off them. For guys, he urged them not to marry any lady that can't cook, pray or do house chores for at least one hour. He also urged RCCG members to choose a partner within RCCG not outside the church. He told his ministers to be clean shaven as he didn't want anyone of them looking like a member of al-qaeda. Now that you have an idea of what he said, let's move on to why we're here today.

"...looking up to Jesus, the author and finisher of your faith" is a verse in the bible. This verse talked about looking up to JESUS, he didn't mention Adeboye, or any other respectable man of God anywhere in the world. The bible also told us that there are two paths before us, life and death, but urged us to choose life. This means we know the good and bad, we have a choice to choose either but it's advicable we go with the good. Somewhere again said "there's a path that seems right to men but the end thereof is destruction', which means that what you think is life sometimes, might just be death. Before I proceed, I'd like to announce that this is just my personal opinion, hence it's not binding.

Pastor E.A. Adeboye is a respected man of God everywhere in the world and as a result, can give fatherly advice based on experiences, spiritual revelations, and what he believes is the right standard to follow. When the argument began on the internet, I couldn't understand it because this man didn't come out to say "God said...", he obviously only gave advice which you can choose to take or leave. Regarding his instructions to his ministers, we all know that all churches have doctrines because where there is no law, there is no sin. I didn't see any RCCG minister coming out on social media to complain so dear non-ministers, kindly drop it, it wasn't meant for you.

I get surprised when people leave churches or behave in a certain way because a Pastor or church member did something to prompt it, and in most cases, indirectly. We all have a choice, we can choose where we want to worship at any point as long as you feel the spirit of God is there. What is wrong is seeing a Pastor as a perfect person. "And be ye perfect even as thy father in heaven is perfect" says the bible. This is evidence that only our father in heaven is perfect. So because someone had been preaching the gospel since he was in the womb doesn't make him perfect, we're all working towards perfection day by day and trusting God to help us achieve that.

The only being we have been commanded to emulate is God and we can only know the way of God by reading his word (Joshua 1:cool. Our pastors are only spiritual leaders in human form so they have the tendency to be human too. That said, if you don't agree with what a man of God says, rather than speak against it or insult him, find out what God said about it in his word and let the spirit of God guide you in your research. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I know but if you must disagree with one's opinion, do it right, don't get abusive about it. Its not a necessity to act in a certain way you don't see as right. If someone gives you advice on anything, think about it closely, take the one you need and leave the rest. That's all.

Let's endeavour to use the word of God as a standard for our lives not what anyone else says, except you believe strongly in it. God is the one whose steps we should follow, not men or men of God.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Or God? Who's Right? by pharmagba: 8:26am On Aug 03, 2016
Your attempt to place the man of God against God has shown your folly and your poor depth of the bible.
The man of God is obviously talking from experiences concerning the many marriage breakdown among Christians. The ones among different denomination is most difficult as their antecedents cannot be evaluated before marriage and also during conflict resolutions due to different doctrine.

Now to your folly, instead of imbibing the lesson of waiting on God as a virtue christ prescribes even before choosing his apostles and training ourselves to be better cook, and moral upright individual to form a better family you are here trying to put the man of God against God

Finally, if you are conversant with apostle Paul's writings at times he says 'I speak of my own self and I believe I have the mind of christ'. Based on this the man of God based on the fact that he has the mind of God he can prescribe some measure to make us better christians.

I hope I have added some wisdom to you

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Caught With Stolen Car In Abia / Woman Dies After Pastor Places Big Speaker On Her To Demonstrate God's Power / Meet The 4 Children Of Nigeria’s Richest Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.