Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,144 members, 7,860,109 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:40 AM

Edo LG Workers Protest Non-payment Of Salary Arrears - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo LG Workers Protest Non-payment Of Salary Arrears (10441 Views)

President Buhari Did Not Order Us To Clear Salary Arrears - Governors / Salary Arrears: Abia Headmistress Demoted For "Embarrassing Ikpeazu’s Wife" / Civil Servants Likely To Forfeit Salary Arrears - Punch Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo LG Workers Protest Non-payment Of Salary Arrears by DONSMITH123(m): 8:30am On Aug 04, 2016
leo97:
To those claiming that Oshiomole should not be held accountable for the nonpayment of Local Government Council Workers in the state

Now the questions begging for answers are;

1. Who is the chief accounting officer of Edo state at the moment

2. Who imposed and superimposed the inept chairmen on the local govt. councils

3. Who moved against Local Government Autonomy in Edo state

4. Who hired and fired the Local Govt. Chairmen at will

5. Who hijacks Local govt. Funds at source and does whatever he pleases with it

6. Who rendered the Local Government Councils reticent

7. Who usurped the powers and authorities of the Local Government Councils

Your guess is as good as mine

LGC Workers>Oshiomhole
#PayUsOurSalariesBeforeYouGoBackToCapeVerde!!!
Re: Edo LG Workers Protest Non-payment Of Salary Arrears by Ubenedictus(m): 8:51am On Aug 04, 2016
Young03:

bros na true sha but this protesters r mean n angry

the blocked the entire ring road...no car can pass

police cam and went aside

they are more than 2000 protesters

but check am 17 months working without a pay

the thief oshiomole even increased minimum wage to 25k wwn he cannot pay 18k
this is LG workers, stop calling osho. LG Chairmen receive allocation from d fg and osho has no hand in it. he doesnt touch it.
Re: Edo LG Workers Protest Non-payment Of Salary Arrears by MDOLOFU: 8:53am On Aug 04, 2016
obailala:
Is it Oshiomole that pays LG council workers?
u most b an idiot for dis senseless statement. Keep asking till nest month den I will ask u if is only state workers dat vote him into power. Why are we dis heartless for God sake.? Yet d idiot of a governor is increasing minimum wage. Apc we are now wise n can not b deceive by u guys proper gander. Obasiki pls in ur own interests dont go n borrow to found ur party ooo to pay back will b hard cos u won't win
Re: Edo LG Workers Protest Non-payment Of Salary Arrears by Young03(m): 8:56am On Aug 04, 2016
Ubenedictus:
this is LG workers, stop calling osho. LG Chairmen receive allocation from d fg and osho has no hand in it. he doesnt touch it.

.shut up and stop quoting me, iam telling u what they where saying yesterday n ur talking trash

I was with them during the protest

if u claim to know more..where did they go to yesterday?

1 Like

Re: Edo LG Workers Protest Non-payment Of Salary Arrears by Ubenedictus(m): 8:58am On Aug 04, 2016
Nenysallout:
PAY THEM NA.. OSHO BABA
it is not osho job to pay them, they should ask their LG chairmen.

[url]www.daargroup.com/daar-group/latest-news/vanguardngr-edo-algon-defends-oshiomhole-over-misappropriation-allegation[\url]

1 Like

Re: Edo LG Workers Protest Non-payment Of Salary Arrears by Ubenedictus(m): 9:07am On Aug 04, 2016
leo97:

~ Egor L.G >>>> 18 Months
~ Oredo L.G >>>> 9 Months
~ Orhiomwon L.G >>>> 10 Months
~ Ovia N/E. L.G >>>> 9 Months
~ Ovia S/W L.G >>>> 7 Months
~ Owan East L.G >>>> 8 Months
~ Owan West L.G >>>> 6 Months
~ Ikpoba Okha L.G >>>> 9 Months
~ Esan N/E L.G >>>> 9 Months
~ Igueben L.G>>>> 7 Months
~ Uhunwonde>>>> 8 Months
~ Etsako East L.G>>>> 8 Months

#TheBigQuestions

•Where is the bailout fund?

•What is the 550Million Naira monthly security vote use for?

#copied
I dont think edo collected bail out funds, check d list, edo state always paid state workers on time, the issue is the local govt that has been unable to manage their resource since d drop in allocations, that is why there is variance of how many months is owed.

www.daargroup.com/daar-group/latest-news/vanguardngr-edo-algon-defends-oshiomhole-over-misappropriation-allegation

1 Like

Re: Edo LG Workers Protest Non-payment Of Salary Arrears by Ubenedictus(m): 9:12am On Aug 04, 2016
mickool:
Its a pitiable situation.Oshiobaba pls pay the LG Workers particularily egor LG ASAP cos of the election that is around the corner.if the state civil servants can get their alert before 25 od the month i dont know why is now difficulty to pay LG? But to think of it, has anybody find out why egor is been owned 13 or more months salaries? Whose duty is to pay LG workers?
It is d job of d LG chairmen to pay lg workers, they all receive fg allocations and osho doesnt touch it. The problem is dat their allocation are smaller because of oil drop.

www.daargroup.com/daar-group/latest-news/vanguardngr-edo-algon-defends-oshiomhole-over-misappropriation-allegation

1 Like

Re: Edo LG Workers Protest Non-payment Of Salary Arrears by Ubenedictus(m): 9:15am On Aug 04, 2016
dracosith:
Increasing minimum wage from i8-25k wen u still owe salary is just too hypocritical.
OSho isnt owing state worker, this issue is with the local govt. osho has been paying state workers 25k minimun wage as at when due. my relations who are civil servants got their alert on d 25th and 26 of d month. www.daargroup.com/daar-group/latest-news/vanguardngr-edo-algon-defends-oshiomhole-over-misappropriation-allegation

3 Likes

Re: Edo LG Workers Protest Non-payment Of Salary Arrears by Ubenedictus(m): 9:18am On Aug 04, 2016
obailala:
This thread is full of people asking Oshio to pay up; this may be a silly question but abeg I need to know, is it Oshio that pays LG council workers?
NO, it is not osho job, lg chairmen are the ones responsible but they been having problem.

1 Like

Re: Edo LG Workers Protest Non-payment Of Salary Arrears by Ubenedictus(m): 9:21am On Aug 04, 2016
overlord77:

And to think the midget was all over tv boasting of how he has paid all salaries except for August. Bloody liar and hypocrite.
HE has paid all salaries for state worker except august, that isnt a lie or boast, it is fact. local gvt in edo get their federal allocations, it is their job to pay lg workers.

1 Like

Re: Edo LG Workers Protest Non-payment Of Salary Arrears by Ubenedictus(m): 9:22am On Aug 04, 2016
overlord77:

And to think the midget was all over tv boasting of how he has paid all salaries except for August. Bloody liar and hypocrite.
HE has paid all salaries for state worker except august, that isnt a lie or boast, it is fact. local gvt in edo get their federal allocations, it is their job to pay lg workers.

1 Like

Re: Edo LG Workers Protest Non-payment Of Salary Arrears by Ubenedictus(m): 9:34am On Aug 04, 2016
2wizkids:

oga if you are the governor of Edo state and you have made the funds available for the payment of salaries and the local government chairman holds on to the funds for 18 months, you nor go ask am.18 months is a year and half oga
It is not the state that release money to lg, they get it from the fg. the problem is dat allocations has dropped and the lgs cannot pay everyone as before, some chairmen have already been suspended over d issue.

www.savidnews.com/oshiomole-stops-allowances-security-votes-of-edo-lg-bosses-for-workers-salaries/

freshnewsng.com/blog/oshiomole-suspends-four-lg-chairman-over-non-payment-of-salaries-diversion-of-funds/

1 Like

Re: Edo LG Workers Protest Non-payment Of Salary Arrears by Ubenedictus(m): 9:36am On Aug 04, 2016
moffat:
so Adams Oshi omo ole was deceiving d electoriate dat he remain d only saint, and he is not owing any civil servant, APC foot soldiers from sw knw how to spit on social media from lagos na wa ooo 4 yeye hypocrit
He is not a saint but he certainly isnt owing salaries of state civil servants.

1 Like

Re: Edo LG Workers Protest Non-payment Of Salary Arrears by Ubenedictus(m): 9:40am On Aug 04, 2016
tafrica:

Yes Bro, Dont you know LGs dont have autonomy again? Our Governors, out of greed, have killed LGs and make them practically dead and dependent on states.
This isnt true in edo, edo lg have financial autonomy.

1 Like

Re: Edo LG Workers Protest Non-payment Of Salary Arrears by Ubenedictus(m): 9:42am On Aug 04, 2016
Topmath05:

so u are nt living in Nigeria abi to av forgotten that state governors av taken over local govt funds hmm
Not in edo, lg receive their funds.

1 Like

Re: Edo LG Workers Protest Non-payment Of Salary Arrears by Ubenedictus(m): 9:45am On Aug 04, 2016
hiroz:
one zombie is busy blaming local government chairman..anybody who knows nigeria knows that local government have no autonomy and the governor controls the fund getting to them.when APC zombies are busy praising osho i just get angry at such hypocrisy..we know oshiomole he is owing local govt workers,owing pensioners and has refused to conduct local govt elections for years...big thief.
You are a liar, edo conducts lg elections infact 90% of lg chairmen are elected. lastly edo lg get their allocated funds osho doesnt touch it.

1 Like

Re: Edo LG Workers Protest Non-payment Of Salary Arrears by Ubenedictus(m): 9:47am On Aug 04, 2016
mumuto:
is that why there is variance in payment backlog for each local govt?
because some chairmen are a little better than others in managing their lg fund.

1 Like

Re: Edo LG Workers Protest Non-payment Of Salary Arrears by Ubenedictus(m): 9:50am On Aug 04, 2016
leo97:
To those claiming that Oshiomole should not be held accountable for the nonpayment of Local Government Council Workers in the state

Now the questions begging for answers are;

1. Who is the chief accounting officer of Edo state at the moment

2. Who imposed and superimposed the inept chairmen on the local govt. councils

3. Who moved against Local Government Autonomy in Edo state

4. Who hired and fired the Local Govt. Chairmen at will

5. Who hijacks Local govt. Funds at source and does whatever he pleases with it

6. Who rendered the Local Government Councils reticent

7. Who usurped the powers and authorities of the Local Government Councils

Your guess is as good as mine

LGC Workers>Oshiomhole
#PayUsOurSalariesBeforeYouGoBackToCapeVerde!!!
D cheif acct officer for d lg is the lg chairman. chairmen in edo are elected not imposed, their funds arent taken by d state

1 Like

Re: Edo LG Workers Protest Non-payment Of Salary Arrears by Ubenedictus(m): 9:51am On Aug 04, 2016
Liverpoolfc:
When i see people like tthis, i weep for nigeria bc with this, there is no hope
When i c people like u i laugh at their ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Edo LG Workers Protest Non-payment Of Salary Arrears by Ubenedictus(m): 9:53am On Aug 04, 2016
OiseBoy:
APC has always been known for lie telling, they make promise that they don't have the capacity to keep, just imagine the thief oshiomole even increased minimum wage to 25k wwn he cannot pay 18k
He has been paying his 25k minimum salary. this is lg issue.

1 Like

Re: Edo LG Workers Protest Non-payment Of Salary Arrears by Ubenedictus(m): 9:54am On Aug 04, 2016
MDOLOFU:
u most b an idiot for dis senseless statement. Keep asking till nest month den I will ask u if is only state workers dat vote him into power. Why are we dis heartless for God sake.? Yet d idiot of a governor is increasing minimum wage. Apc we are now wise n can not b deceive by u guys proper gander. Obasiki pls in ur own interests dont go n borrow to found ur party ooo to pay back will b hard cos u won't win
SO weytin concern osho 4 inside?

1 Like

Re: Edo LG Workers Protest Non-payment Of Salary Arrears by Ubenedictus(m): 10:02am On Aug 04, 2016
Young03:

.shut up and stop quoting me, iam telling u what they where saying yesterday n ur talking trash

I was with them during the protest

if u claim to know more..where did they go to yesterday?
I didnt say i followed the protesters up and down like u did, instead am telling who is responsible for d backlog of salary.

1 Like

Re: Edo LG Workers Protest Non-payment Of Salary Arrears by obailala(m): 10:57am On Aug 04, 2016
mumuto:
is that why there is variance in payment backlog for each local govt?
I would assume its purely a local council issue. That explains why some councils owe 5 months while others owe 13 month, 18 months etc.
Re: Edo LG Workers Protest Non-payment Of Salary Arrears by obailala(m): 11:13am On Aug 04, 2016
MDOLOFU:
You just called me an idiot for stating that it is not Oshio's business to pay LG worker salaries in Edo state, you just labelled me an idiot for telling you a fact.

Why didn't you blame Buhari when it was announced that Osun or Bayelsa state governments were are owing salaries?.... Probably your mental capacity was able to discern that those cases had nothing to do with Buhari

Why didnt you blame the chairmen of Broadcasting Organisations of Nigeria (BON) or National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) when it was reported that DAAR communications was owing its workers?... Once again your mental and intellectual capacity allowed you to discern that it had nothing to do with BON or NBC.

So I'm curious to know where your mental and intellectual capacity drifted to since you are now vehemently blaming Oshiomole for the indiscretions and failures of LG chairmen.
Re: Edo LG Workers Protest Non-payment Of Salary Arrears by mumuto: 11:39am On Aug 04, 2016
obailala:
I would assume its purely a local council issue. That explains why some councils owe 5 months while others owe 13 month, 18 months etc.
ok. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Edo LG Workers Protest Non-payment Of Salary Arrears by dracosith(m): 12:59pm On Aug 04, 2016
Ubenedictus:
OSho isnt owing state worker, this issue is with the local govt. osho has been paying state workers 25k minimun wage as at when due. my relations who are civil servants got their alert on d 25th and 26 of d month. www.daargroup.com/daar-group/latest-news/vanguardngr-edo-algon-defends-oshiomhole-over-misappropriation-allegation
I hope so
Re: Edo LG Workers Protest Non-payment Of Salary Arrears by overlord77: 10:00am On Aug 05, 2016
Ubenedictus:

If he has, then my bad. Just that he talks too much. I hope those protesters are not doing it for politics.
Re: Edo LG Workers Protest Non-payment Of Salary Arrears by Ubenedictus(m): 11:21am On Aug 05, 2016
overlord77:

If he has, then my bad. Just that he talks too much. I hope those protesters are not doing it for politics.
he talks alot, that is true, he is an orator. i dont know if politic is involved but many lg worker havent been paid

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Will Treat All Nigerians Equitably - Buhari / 2019: Okorocha Tackles Osita Okechukwu / Members Of PDP Zoning Committe Arrive Enugu Ahead Of National Convention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.