Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,197 members, 7,818,656 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

Being Emotionally Intelligent Is Underrated - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Being Emotionally Intelligent Is Underrated (621 Views)

Women Reacts Emotionally As Gov. Wike Abandons Them In Gov't House.(video) / Watch This Video!!! This Is Officially The Most Emotionally Aggressive Rap / PHOTOS: WWE Super Star Daniel Bryan Emotionally Retires From Wrestling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Being Emotionally Intelligent Is Underrated by SWITANN(f): 2:02pm On Aug 03, 2016
One may ask why do you need emotional intelligence? they might even say "besides i think emotions make me weak,i don't need to be emotionally intelligent".
Daniel Goleman first brought the term emotional intelligence to a wide audience with his book. The qualities traditionally associated with leadership such as intelligence,toughness,determination and vision are required for success but are insufficient. Truly effective leaders are also distinguished by a high degree of emotional intelligence which includes;

1. Social Awareness: by knowing how u feel,identifying your emotions and how it affects the people around u. A leader who is not free or always angry or too bossy can't have a good effective relationship with his followers.
2. Self Regulation: we've all had moments that our emotions just wanna come right out and take control over us,by controlling your emotions and actions and by living ur values & holding urself accountable for your mistakes u r on ur way to becoming an effective leader.
3. Motivation: put off short term rewards for long term success.
4. Emphaty: identifying with other people and understand their want,need & view point. a leader without emphaty isn't considered a leader at all,you should be able to put your self in other people shoes and understand their needs;but also do something about it.
5. Social Skills: this helps u work with other people,manage conflicts with other people.

If u can maintain strong relationships then u can work happily and effectively with the people around u.
So u see,being emotionally intelligent doesn't make u weak it makes u strong. It is actually one of the key attributes of becoming an effective leader. Emotional intelligence also apply to your work place or school cos people hear the word leader and will think until they are Presidents or governors etc then they are leaders. using those five elements together with ur i.q in the work place school,you'd be able to make an impact.
"passion and reason are antietical; rule your feelings lest your feelings rule you"

ANY QUESTIONS grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Being Emotionally Intelligent Is Underrated by Tedassie(m): 9:33am On Aug 06, 2016
SWITANN:
One may ask why do you need emotional intelligence? they might even say "besides i think emotions make me weak,i don't need to be emotionally intelligent".
Daniel Goleman first brought the term emotional intelligence to a wide audience with his book. The qualities traditionally associated with leadership such as intelligence,toughness,determination and vision are required for success but are insufficient. Truly effective leaders are also distinguished by a high degree of emotional intelligence which includes;

1. Social Awareness: by knowing how u feel,identifying your emotions and how it affects the people around u. A leader who is not free or always angry or too bossy can't have a good effective relationship with his followers.
2. Self Regulation: we've all had moments that our emotions just wanna come right out and take control over us,by controlling your emotions and actions and by living ur values & holding urself accountable for your mistakes u r on ur way to becoming an effective leader.
3. Motivation: put off short term rewards for long term success.
4. Emphaty: identifying with other people and understand their want,need & view point. a leader without emphaty isn't considered a leader at all,you should be able to put your self in other people shoes and understand their needs;but also do something about it.
5. Social Skills: this helps u work with other people,manage conflicts with other people.

If u can maintain strong relationships then u can work happily and effectively with the people around u.
So u see,being emotionally intelligent doesn't make u weak it makes u strong. It is actually one of the key attributes of becoming an effective leader. Emotional intelligence also apply to your work place or school cos people hear the word leader and will think until they are Presidents or governors etc then they are leaders. using those five elements together with ur i.q in the work place school,you'd be able to make an impact.
"passion and reason are antietical; rule your feelings lest your feelings rule you"

ANY QUESTIONS grin
Op,this is quite insightful. This underscores the benefits of reading motivational books like the one you made reference to above.

However,i'd like you to make corrections on the misspelt words embolded above.
It's "EMPATHY" not emphaty,"ANTITETHICAL" and not antietical. Good job by the way!!!
Re: Being Emotionally Intelligent Is Underrated by SWITANN(f): 12:09pm On Aug 06, 2016
Tedassie:

Op,this is quite insightful. This underscores the benefits of reading motivational books like the one you made reference to above.

However,i'd like you to make corrections on the misspelt words embolded above.
It's "EMPATHY" not emphaty,"ANTITETHICAL" and not antietical. Good job by the way!!!

thanks....those were typos ish.

(1) (Reply)

Religion Is Not Your Problem Africans, This Is Your Problem. / Is This What Today's Eclipse Going To Look Like? / Window Blinds,curtains &wallpaper Installations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.