Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,131 members, 7,829,028 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

Christians who sold the church for a pot of porridge should bow their head in sh - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians who sold the church for a pot of porridge should bow their head in sh (666 Views)

Man Sent Out Of Lagos Church For Wearing This (Photo) / Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories / What The Bible Really Says About Women Covering Their Head To Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians who sold the church for a pot of porridge should bow their head in sh by Elose11(m): 3:40pm On Aug 03, 2016
PASTOR BRIGHT BAYO OLADEJI WROTE:

"Where are the Christians who sold the Church? The Islamic agenda is being perfected. Prof Ishaq Oloyede, a preeminent Islamic fanatic who said he was not aware Christians are being attacked and killed is now to head JAMB replacing Prof Ojerinde, a Baptist.

Four Muslims were not replaced, but left to continue. Out of the 17 offices, 9 new replacement are Muslims and 4 retained are Muslims. 13 out of 17 are now Muslims. NUC, Muslim, JAMB, Muslim; TETCOM, Muslim.

Where are those Christian leaders who sold the Church for a plate of porridge? Where are those telling us Prof Yemi Osinbajo would stand for the Church being a Pastor?

Do they involve him in all these lopsided appointments in favour of the North and Muslims or not? Do we have Christians among the APC leaders? Does Odigie-Oyegun, the chairman of the ruling party belong to the Catholic church?

The fact that Buhari released these appointments the same day, the PUNCH Newspaper published an Editorial titled"Buhari's parochial appointments", a paper that endorsed his candidacy is a dirty slap on the nation.

To say the least, it is a corruption with immunity. Many are afraid and being intimidated by the security operatives. Have we become second class citizens in our own country?"

MY TAKE:

Sadly the answer to the question is "YES", Christians are now second class citizens in Nigeria. We warned our people but they wouldn't listen.

Nigerians said they wanted "change" and now they must live with it. Every Christian that supported President Buhari and the APC, including some of the most prominent Church leaders, should bow their heads in shame.

As long as this evil continues we will not remain silent and neither shall we be intimidated. No matter how hard they try Nigeria will NEVER be Islamised and neither will our faith be rubbished.
Re: Christians who sold the church for a pot of porridge should bow their head in sh by obailala(m): 3:44pm On Aug 03, 2016
Another deluded fellow claiming to be a pastor... Wail on!

Once a political plot fails them, they invoke religious sentiments to 'opium' the gullible masses. Suddenly in Nigeria today, everything must have a religious connotation.

1 Like

Re: Christians who sold the church for a pot of porridge should bow their head in sh by TippyTop(m): 3:49pm On Aug 03, 2016
Pastor Emmanuel Bosun warned his brethren in the SW but they didn't listen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FhYpKBKusQ
Re: Christians who sold the church for a pot of porridge should bow their head in sh by banki(m): 3:50pm On Aug 03, 2016
So when he appointed Ben nwabueze a pastor he was wicked
When he appointed babachir lawal a pastor he was wicked?

Is jamb a religious post? What about the head of neco? So if a Christian was there for 8years and a Muslim replaces him it's a bad thing?

Keep wailing ndi apari

2 Likes

Re: Christians who sold the church for a pot of porridge should bow their head in sh by babadee1(m): 3:50pm On Aug 03, 2016
OP, what has your write up got to do with the church of God? As far as I know God does not play politics and the church has nothing to do with elections. I'm a Christian who supported and voted for Buhari. I did that in my capacity as a citizen of Nigeria not as a member of any religion.

2 Likes

Re: Christians who sold the church for a pot of porridge should bow their head in sh by eyeview: 3:51pm On Aug 03, 2016
I remember when the campaigns were on,most muslim were voting purely on tribal and religious sentiments while we heard christians making statements like 'I don't vote on religious sentiments', 'Buhari can not display tribal bigotry in his appointments in present day nigeria'. Today,he is displaying pure unadulterated tribal bigotry in that present day Nigeria and they have all gone silent. I remember Rochas campaigning that Buhari can not exhibit tibalism and islamic bigotry with men like him and ngige in the party. Today,men like him and ngige have looked the other way.
Re: Christians who sold the church for a pot of porridge should bow their head in sh by NeduLuiZ(m): 3:52pm On Aug 03, 2016
obailala:
Another deluded fellow claiming to be a pastor... wail on!
wheres your conscience
Re: Christians who sold the church for a pot of porridge should bow their head in sh by obailala(m): 4:00pm On Aug 03, 2016
NeduLuiZ:
wheres your conscience
Which damn conscience are we talking about here?... Like someone rightfully asked above, since when has JAMB become a religious institute that I now have to be worried over the religion of the person who heads it?... When would the black man get his head out of his ass to see that this thing called religion has for so long been used as a tool for deceit, destruction and backwardness?

Politicians are playing politics and ruining nations, confused people are reading religious meanings into it to deceive other confused people. Please what conscience are you asking about?
Re: Christians who sold the church for a pot of porridge should bow their head in sh by Nobody: 4:22pm On Aug 03, 2016
Just came here to say that the topic of the thread made me laugh so hard. Pot of porridge lol. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Christians who sold the church for a pot of porridge should bow their head in sh by banki(m): 5:27pm On Aug 03, 2016
you guys are disgusting and annoying
every appointment he makes people criticize
I am a southerner but lets face it once a name doesn't sound like Igbo or Yoruba we criticize

How many Katsina people has he even appointed sef?
last week he appointed some igbowoman head of NBET nd one youba prof(pastor) head of NERC no thread was opened or talked about, now you people are foaming up and down about an appointment of JAMB REGISTRAR? IN THE SAME APPOINTMNT LIST an IGBO MAN was made head of NECO

with all the religiousness and Christianity and islamisim in Nigeria we are still one of the most corrupt and wicked people on the surface of the earth
is it not pastors that were caught the other day with cocaine inside bibles
is it not a pastor that chained his own son in ogunstate
was it not oritsejafors jet that was used to launder money

please keep this religious bigotry and face your former ruling party headed by northern muslims

(1) (Reply)

Why Islam Is Not A Religion Of Peace / Marriage Principles You Must Follow If You Don't Want O.Y.O To Be Your Case! / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 14/08/16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.