Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,923 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

How A Dog Suddenly Went Missing - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / How A Dog Suddenly Went Missing (678 Views)

Neighbors Extinguishing Backyard Fire Suddenly Hear Cries For Help, And Here’s W / Autopsy On A Dog That Ate Big Bone (Photos) / This HUGE Rat Bigger Than A Dog Was Found Near A Children’s Playground (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How A Dog Suddenly Went Missing by CertifiedSamuel: 4:24pm On Aug 03, 2016
It was on a sunny afternoon, I decided to go buy something just opposite the street.

When I stepped out, I didn't notice something was gonna go wrong. While waiting for the man to handover what I ordered for, I could see my rottweiler outside the gate just galivating around the gate region.

I quickly returned back to the gate and ordered him to go inside of which he obeyed (as always). On getting inside the compound, I noticed a friend's dog was no longer in the compound.

I kept calling her name around the compound thinking she will show up like my 4 month old Samoyed would whenever it feels like she's lost in the compound.

I kept calling and checking through all the walls of the compound but saw nothing. Then it dawned on me she may have gone out of the gate.

I quickly rushed out, looked around the neighborhood and luckily, I found her wandering. I felt some relief. I quickly Walked up to her and immediately she saw me, she fled off as if she has seen a ghost.

That came as a surprise to me. I mean, we have been staying in the same house for like 3 days now and she doesn't always run whenever she sees me. I didn't give up and thus, I kept following same direction she had followed. But she kept running with speed whenever she saw I was close and believe me, I wasn't holding anything whatsoever. She just kept running till I lost sight of her.

I asked people around and they said they didn't see a white dog pass through. I guess they didn't notice considering everyone's facing their daily business.

I just couldn't continue on a journey of no return and hence, I returned home.

So, there she goes. She's on a journey of no return because I can deduce she doesn't know her way around and it would be a miracle if she finally finds her way back home.

P.S: Since her arrival, I have not hit this dog with any object. I just realized she was overpampered and right in front of the owner's eyes, I have often tried to correct the dog the little way I can.

The owner mentioned she always runs out whenever she gets a little chance and the question was, what has she done to correct it? Nothing!

Guys, while some of you would laugh at this, training a dog is almost synonymous to training a child. You shouldn't overpamper a child otherwise, he/she will go wayward. Same applies to dogs. When you know they did something wrong and you choose to play deaf, they will think that's fine by you and thus, will keep at it.

Funny thing is, the dog is almost 2 years old.

I recently got a grown female boerboel from a friend and the dog doesn't pass through a door even when the door is wide open except you ask the dog to go through it. While that can be quite annoying at first, I think it's letting the dog know it's boundaries which is a good thing.

It's okay to show love to your dog. I mean, that's what describes you as a dog lover. But when the dog does something wrong, you should make them understand they did something wrong. Not just playing deaf ears like it doesn't matter.

The Bible says, 'train up a child the way he should grown, so that when he is old, he wouldn't depart from it. Same principle applies to dogs.

(1) (Reply)

Caucasian Pups For Sell / Bb Puppies At 40k Each / These Animal Babies Grow Up Without Any Help From Parents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.