Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,521 members, 7,836,983 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

10 Common Grammatical Blunders You Should Endeavour To Avoid - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Common Grammatical Blunders You Should Endeavour To Avoid (60124 Views)

20 Of The Most Common Grammatical Errors We All Need To Stop Making / Woman Sets Facebook On Fire With Strong Grammatical Blunders, Awful Misspellings / Common Grammatical Errors To Avoid In English Language (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Common Grammatical Blunders You Should Endeavour To Avoid by olasubomi007(m): 5:43pm On Aug 04, 2016
Re: 10 Common Grammatical Blunders You Should Endeavour To Avoid by OwerriChairman(f): 5:43pm On Aug 04, 2016
Wow this is educating.
Thanks for this Op.

1 Like

Re: 10 Common Grammatical Blunders You Should Endeavour To Avoid by Toluwani113: 5:43pm On Aug 04, 2016
Lalasticalala
is it true ?
Re: 10 Common Grammatical Blunders You Should Endeavour To Avoid by Starxx(f): 5:44pm On Aug 04, 2016
All so wrong! Op you can offer subjects!!! Hian

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Common Grammatical Blunders You Should Endeavour To Avoid by ahamonyeka(m): 5:45pm On Aug 04, 2016
Febuhari

2 Likes

Re: 10 Common Grammatical Blunders You Should Endeavour To Avoid by pmxpo(m): 5:46pm On Aug 04, 2016
If u capitalise on grammer rules, u may not be able to speak. Just communicate in simple terms and be understood.

9 Likes

Re: 10 Common Grammatical Blunders You Should Endeavour To Avoid by Sultty(m): 5:47pm On Aug 04, 2016
Do i see u silently practicing how to pronounce these vocabulary??guy ibeg close ur mouth cos it [color=#770077][/color] makes u look like this guy grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Common Grammatical Blunders You Should Endeavour To Avoid by Badtman(m): 5:47pm On Aug 04, 2016
Rapmoney:
People like you hardly learn! Why not move to the Celebrity Section if you don't have anything meaningful to say here? Busy body!!!
Op i swear I'm really grateful for this Topic

1 Like

Re: 10 Common Grammatical Blunders You Should Endeavour To Avoid by Nobody: 5:48pm On Aug 04, 2016
Thanks for points 8 - 10, OP.

A lot of us don't pay the necessary attention to the rules of grammar.

We are used to speaking bad grammar that we tend to mock those who speak it correctly.
Re: 10 Common Grammatical Blunders You Should Endeavour To Avoid by Adonike(m): 5:48pm On Aug 04, 2016
wow..
Re: 10 Common Grammatical Blunders You Should Endeavour To Avoid by muri15martins(m): 5:50pm On Aug 04, 2016
thanks
Re: 10 Common Grammatical Blunders You Should Endeavour To Avoid by Descartes: 5:50pm On Aug 04, 2016
Rapmoney:
Fynestboi, Richiez, olawalebabs...let's promote learning on this platform. This is an educative stuff. We are all learning. There are people who this post might help. Thanks!

I appreciate your effort but the oral pronunciation on the word POLICE is wrong

4 Likes

Re: 10 Common Grammatical Blunders You Should Endeavour To Avoid by babyfaceafrica: 5:51pm On Aug 04, 2016
Jarus:

Answering question with "yes" or "no" is not "grammatical blunder" as your title says.

You may say it is not the best way to answer someone, but it is not a blunder. It's perfectly grammatically correct.
I have informed him ,but he won't listen?
Re: 10 Common Grammatical Blunders You Should Endeavour To Avoid by faruz: 5:53pm On Aug 04, 2016
op, is that all ?

lemme cum and be going grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Common Grammatical Blunders You Should Endeavour To Avoid by francisbiz: 5:56pm On Aug 04, 2016
Jarus:

Answering question with "yes" or "no" is not "grammatical blunder" as your title says.

You may say it is not the best way to answer someone, but it is not a blunder. It's perfectly grammatically correct.
Even February has two forms of pronouciations
Re: 10 Common Grammatical Blunders You Should Endeavour To Avoid by ogaalfa: 6:01pm On Aug 04, 2016
this op is an illiterate
Re: 10 Common Grammatical Blunders You Should Endeavour To Avoid by Stevosty: 6:03pm On Aug 04, 2016
Descartes:

I appreciate your effort but the oral pronunciation on the word POLICE is wrong
As well as February.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Common Grammatical Blunders You Should Endeavour To Avoid by francisbiz: 6:04pm On Aug 04, 2016
Starxx:
All so wrong! Op you can offer subjects!!! Hian
OP must have read those ten-page pamphlets that are usually sold at motor-parks.
I remember when Nigerian parents began changing the names of their children because of what were written in such motor-park books

3 Likes

Re: 10 Common Grammatical Blunders You Should Endeavour To Avoid by pelij18(m): 6:05pm On Aug 04, 2016
babyfaceafrica:

There is more to language than picking up English grammar books? Even the English man himself is confused?why do we have various shades of English ,the Briton has his own version(even within Britain the variant someone from newcastle(scouse) speaks is different from the liverpoon(toon)),while the Americans has its own,likewise the Canadians and Aussies!!!...My friend even the English that you so much defend is an accumulation of different of indo-germanic languages.English is crap!!!!!!....what do they have?...see different dictionaries with different phonetic transcriptions all by renowned linguist and English scholars!!!!.....Just go and sit down!!!!!....Speak and be understood...yeye
Dude... You're alone.

1 Like

Re: 10 Common Grammatical Blunders You Should Endeavour To Avoid by kaygeorge(m): 6:06pm On Aug 04, 2016
that last one ehn....police-plice my proprietress beat me like anytin
Re: 10 Common Grammatical Blunders You Should Endeavour To Avoid by konfesor(m): 6:07pm On Aug 04, 2016
Rapmoney:
Pick up English Grammar books and see if you are not entirely wrong for saying the first and second points are wrong! You don't just sit somewhere and assume that what someone has posted is wrong without you doing any research to find out the facts! I challenge you today to do better than this. Are you trying to tell me that you know English more than the English man? Who introduced the language to you? Was it introduced to you by your ancestors? Or you think this is African tradition we are discussing?
. You just said learning has no boundaries. You also can learn in trying to 'educate' people. You're invariably sounding very aggressive when u get counter reactions from people and that's not a good attitude. I do not agree absolutely to all ur 'corrections'. Also, considering the fact that english isn't our mother-tongue is enough reason not to claim monopoly of it. #just saying

8 Likes

Re: 10 Common Grammatical Blunders You Should Endeavour To Avoid by dermmy(m): 6:07pm On Aug 04, 2016
cool
Re: 10 Common Grammatical Blunders You Should Endeavour To Avoid by ministeriallist: 6:08pm On Aug 04, 2016
When you're b4 a Policeman man don't tell him plice. Say pOliceeeee! grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Common Grammatical Blunders You Should Endeavour To Avoid by Descartes: 6:09pm On Aug 04, 2016
Stevosty:
As well as February.

He is partially right on February

1 Like

Re: 10 Common Grammatical Blunders You Should Endeavour To Avoid by ministeriallist: 6:09pm On Aug 04, 2016
faruz:
op, is that all ?

lemme cum and be going grin
I am going to come...

3 Likes

Re: 10 Common Grammatical Blunders You Should Endeavour To Avoid by eyekaynoble: 6:09pm On Aug 04, 2016
Op, God bless u, bro.

1 Like

Re: 10 Common Grammatical Blunders You Should Endeavour To Avoid by tatucci: 6:10pm On Aug 04, 2016
OP u try. But ur number 1 explanation really doesnt even make sense to me. Perhaps u can explain better.

As for number 2, if I remember correctly, English Language taught us that a "simple question" is that which requires a simple "yes" or "no" answer. How come u wan suddenly bring ur own na? Please, teacher dont teach me nonsense o.. *in Fela's voice*
Re: 10 Common Grammatical Blunders You Should Endeavour To Avoid by Stevosty: 6:14pm On Aug 04, 2016
Descartes:

He is partially right on February
some don't have the second pronunciation but webmaster.
Re: 10 Common Grammatical Blunders You Should Endeavour To Avoid by Harbay0101(m): 6:15pm On Aug 04, 2016
Rapmoney:
Pick up English Grammar books and see if you are not entirely wrong for saying the first and second points are wrong! You don't just sit somewhere and assume that what someone has posted is wrong without you doing any research to find out the facts! I challenge you today to do better than this. Are you trying to tell me that you know English more than the English man? Who introduced the language to you? Was it introduced to you by your ancestors? Or you think this is African tradition we are discussing?

op yaff vex o

2 Likes

Re: 10 Common Grammatical Blunders You Should Endeavour To Avoid by babyfaceafrica: 6:15pm On Aug 04, 2016
pelij18:
Dude... You're alone.
noting new
Re: 10 Common Grammatical Blunders You Should Endeavour To Avoid by redsun(m): 6:17pm On Aug 04, 2016
Who dat?? Oyinbo teach me nonsense.

1 Like

Re: 10 Common Grammatical Blunders You Should Endeavour To Avoid by Descartes: 6:17pm On Aug 04, 2016
Stevosty:
some don't have the second pronunciation but webmaster.

That's true smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Notice; Delsu Post Ume Results Out / Nigerian Author Includes 'Mutual Masturbation' In JSS 1 Book (Pictured) / Covenant University Is The Best In Nigeria-pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.