Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,554 members, 7,816,343 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

What Should I Do ! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Should I Do ! (931 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Should I Do ! by Lovisa: 7:56pm On Sep 21, 2009
Hello everyone !!!!!

I have a story i would like us to discuss here.

It all started last year, got pregnant by a boy i hade a very short relationship with. shortly after we broke up becausing his elder brothers were intruding into our relation and he told me he did not want the baby anymore since we were no more togther. i hade to keep the pregnacy becos i wanted the baby and becos the pregnancy was over the abortion date line (according to my resident country law).He never told his family about the pregnacy and i hade to call one of his brothers and told him and i got a very funny reply from him which made me angry and they never call me again but efter som months the brothers to this guy starting calling every now and then to know how am doing and one day he said something i did not like so i ask him to stop calling me becos i need peace before my delivery time. so during this period it was like a cat and dog fight between me and this guys siblings. and i hade to insult them and at the end they stop cantacting me and i never cantact him. now the baby is here, the guy(my ex) have sign all the ducuments that he is the father but he doesnt want to see the child.  u know u can not force a man to spend time with his child, so what should i do, becos i want my child to know his father. sad
Re: What Should I Do ! by Gabry(f): 3:09am On Sep 22, 2009
Whats the point of letting your child know who is the father when the father doesnt want to know his child? Just tell your child that his/her father is dead in the war.
Re: What Should I Do ! by Rosabelle(f): 6:40pm On Sep 22, 2009
Gabry:

Whats the point of letting your child know who is the father when the father doesnt want to know his child? Just tell your child that his/her father is dead in the war.
LOOOLLL, soooo original cheesy
Re: What Should I Do ! by Pwaves(f): 8:02pm On Sep 22, 2009
Pls dont lie with death. For now you can tell your baby that his father is out of the country. your bf will come around
Re: What Should I Do ! by r231(m): 8:37pm On Sep 22, 2009
Gabry:

AHH
Re: What Should I Do ! by olanajim(m): 7:03am On Sep 24, 2009
u want to tell a baby who his father is? How many month old?
Re: What Should I Do ! by Lovisa: 7:17am On Sep 24, 2009
hello everyone,

thanks för the reponse so far. you see my baby is just 7 months old now, but i was thinking by trying to make that contact with my babys father then he will begin to feel he has some responibility to the child not only faincelly but also that physical bond because he has never been there from the day one but he has sign all the document that states that he is the father becos we two planned for the baby from the begining. my baby is a boy unlike girls as my friends put it, that boys are so kin about their father and he will definitly ask me one day. what should i do, should i just go ahead and pretend that he has no father when he can get this document when he will be 18 years or should i tell him his father did in war front, plan crash or accident. i dont want him to blame me when he becomes an adult and all my effort of bringing him up will mean nothing to him.
Re: What Should I Do ! by McDoe(m): 2:26pm On Sep 24, 2009
Pwaves:

Pls dont lie with death. For now you can tell your baby that his father is out of the country. your bf will come around

But lie is lie. Don't you think so?
Re: What Should I Do ! by hotstuff06(f): 3:17pm On Sep 24, 2009
There is nothing worse than a man who refuses to take responsibility in the life of his own child.
This man has made is clear he does not want to have anything to do with the child. What you need to do is take a stand and take care of your child. Make sure you take him to court to get a child support order. This is not for you but for the child. If he refuses to pay, you have a record on hand to show that you made an attempt to get him involved.
You do not need to lie to your child. When he is old enough to understand and he starts questioning you, u tell the child the truth, that his father does not want to be involved. If he wants his father's details, you make sure u give it to him.
You cannot force a man to love or care of his child. It will be to his on demise in the long run for making that choice. Just do your best for your child as a mother and leave the rest to God.
Re: What Should I Do ! by mamagee6(f): 12:12am On Sep 25, 2009
I don't know but you can ask someone else. tongue

(1) (Reply)

Abortion! / What Do You Think As A Parent? / Family Of Four, 7- Year-old Boy Die In Lagos Building Collapse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.