Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,825 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

Has Anyone Written The Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (mcpd): Web - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Has Anyone Written The Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (mcpd): Web (2957 Views)

Man's Resignation Letter Written On A Cake / Where Can I Obtain Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator In Abuja / Microsoft Certified Technical Support Analyst (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Anyone Written The Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (mcpd): Web by andre5(f): 3:08pm On Dec 08, 2006
Has anyone written the Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (MCPD): Web

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcpd/default.mspx

I have already written 70-306 & 305 for MCSD early this year be4 Microsoft decided to upgrade the exam, so i decided to wait and write the new one. Now i just got Visual Studio 2005 (i have been working with VS 2003 and .Net 1.1) and i have been playing around 4 a couple of days now and i'm excited by all the new server control for ASP.NET 2.0 like Membership,Roles,Profiles,Web Parts, 2 way data-binding, themes e.t.c.

I mean all this is cool, but it hit that with this new Zero Code concept, Wizards for all most  everything, i mean i can create a data driven, membership driven website without writting a single code. Microsoft must be trying to drive web programmers like me out of the job, my 13yrs old kid borther could do this. grin

That said does anyone have, brain dumbs on 70-536 or 70-528.
Re: Has Anyone Written The Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (mcpd): Web by gbengaijot(m): 3:24pm On Dec 08, 2006
Me self, am looking for dums on MCAD, av ou got any @andrea
Re: Has Anyone Written The Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (mcpd): Web by andre5(f): 3:30pm On Dec 08, 2006
gbengaijot:

Me self, am looking for dums on MCAD, av ou got any @andrea

Sorry, @gbengaijot the dumps i have on 305,306 are from last year, don't think they are still going to be current.

Try this for dumps http://www.b213.net/index.php?id=microso
Re: Has Anyone Written The Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (mcpd): Web by my2cents(m): 2:25pm On Dec 16, 2006
andre5,

I took this exam many yrs ago and got the certification. Not to discourge you though, it wasn't worth anything. I haven't used it till today (in terms of either finding me a job or applying what I learnt during the exams on the job). In fact, it is rumored that some companies will even weed out your application (this is in the US by the way) if they see you hv such certification. Y? cos they know for the most part pple cram to pass it.

Those who know their stuff don't necessarily need an exam to stand out. I for one, know a DBA with over 20 yrs experience who has failed the MCDBA exam 3 times. Now you can't tell me he doesn't know jack about databases grin
Re: Has Anyone Written The Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (mcpd): Web by smartsoft(m): 4:01pm On Dec 30, 2006
my2cents:

andre5,

I took this exam many years ago and got the certification. Not to discourge you though, it wasn't worth anything. I haven't used it till today (in terms of either finding me a job or applying what I learnt during the exams on the job). In fact, it is rumored that some companies will even weed out your application (this is in the US by the way) if they see you hv such certification. Y? because they know for the most part people cram to pass it.

Those who know their stuff don't necessarily need an exam to stand out. I for one, know a DBA with over 20 years experience who has failed the MCDBA exam 3 times. Now you can't tell me he doesn't know jack about databases grin

Well i must say thnks for your contributions. me for one i hate anything called Mircrosoft, but that link is powerfull though i got some stuff out of there lol,  from there i could find my way to this website http://www.vebook.org this one is cool

Hey anybody with ORACLE10G TUTORIALS writing this exam soon !
Re: Has Anyone Written The Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (mcpd): Web by Gomez(m): 7:03pm On Dec 30, 2006
yeah i m preparing for the exams too hoping to write soon
i tried searching and got something from www.transcender.com
but u have to register to download the dumbs actually i m on it 2day to
get one.
Please for all that hate microsoft while i have something for u! they are taking away routine codes leaving us with
with a enough time to implement custom business logic well if u think that is bad then
u are on ur own, grin
Re: Has Anyone Written The Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (mcpd): Web by c0dec(m): 8:00pm On Dec 30, 2006
why o why does a programmer need certifications? (from m$ for that matter)
Re: Has Anyone Written The Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (mcpd): Web by andre5(f): 3:31pm On Jan 02, 2007
[Quote]me for one i hate anything called Mircrosoft[/Quote]

Some of u guys are mighty funny, I bet this guy is using a Microsoft OS and running IE, without Microsoft where will the whole IT be. You might not be a fan of Microsoft development tools or technologies that understandable, I’m not a fan of others too but I’m sick of this “I hate Microsoft” crap.

Glad you found the links useful anyway.
Re: Has Anyone Written The Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (mcpd): Web by akwanashie: 10:48am On Jan 25, 2007
Re: Has Anyone Written The Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (mcpd): Web by andre5(f): 2:47pm On Jan 25, 2007
@akwanashie
Don’t know what country u are in, both I got my vs2005 from computer village for 2k!! grin
And I just finished my MCTS web, remaining Exam 70–547 to get MCPD-web, but this exam looks pretty difficult.
Goodluck
Re: Has Anyone Written The Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (mcpd): Web by whoelse(m): 4:33pm On Jan 25, 2007
Could anyone also help me out with the brain dumps on 70-528 and 70-536.

i'm about writing the exam in maybe like 3 weeks time and i need  2 be doubly sure i'm on the right track.
You can reach me at ********@yahoo.com. I'd really be grateful. grin
Re: Has Anyone Written The Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (mcpd): Web by akwanashie: 9:43pm On Jan 27, 2007
Re: Has Anyone Written The Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (mcpd): Web by Caleel(m): 12:00pm On Feb 01, 2007
Actually you dont need to make any purchases at Computer Village. Microsoft has been generous enough to offer a stripped down version of it's VisualStudio .NET 2005 for free. It's comes in individual units based on the technology. You could obtain a copy from their website.

As for the MCPD, i think it's a great alternative to the MCSD and the MCAD (which was basically crap). The MCPD is more targetted and can fetch you lots of offers even here in Nigeria. You could IM me for more information on this subject. Go Microsoft, Go!
Re: Has Anyone Written The Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (mcpd): Web by pojutime(m): 8:58am On Feb 15, 2007
Hi y'All,

Very interesting thread. I wonder why the Microsoft haters go around looking for trouble. Whats their business on this thread anyway? As if if not for Microsoft, they will know jack about computers and IT.

Well guys and lady (andre5), I need some advice. I intend to sit for MCAD soon and I came across some dumps on the 3 exams: 70-229, 70-316 and 70-320 but the versions are all 2005. Has anyone done this exam of late or do you know if these dumps will be applicable or can I get more recent dumps?

Thanks
Re: Has Anyone Written The Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (mcpd): Web by andre5(f): 4:36pm On Feb 16, 2007
@pojutime

Don’t know why you want to certify for MCAD, but if you have not already started I advice you to dump it and write the new generation certification programs (MCTS, MCPD). People I know that have MCSD&MCAD are writing upgrades exams to MCPD, so I don’t see the point. Apart from that don’t forget that VS2005 and .Net 2.0 which the new exams are based on are already 2 years, so don’t be surprised if Microsoft release VS2007 and .Net3.x or 4 later this year, then your MCAD will look pretty old.

Don’t know about these dumps, but try this forum I found these guys pretty resourceful.

http://www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?act=idx
Re: Has Anyone Written The Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (mcpd): Web by pojutime(m): 7:48pm On Feb 16, 2007
@andre5
Thanks for your reply. Now you've raised new issues altogether. I'll definitely need more info and advice in that area. Can I mail you at your email address.
Cheers.
Re: Has Anyone Written The Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (mcpd): Web by andre5(f): 4:19pm On Feb 21, 2007
@pojutime
Yeah you can.
Re: Has Anyone Written The Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (mcpd): Web by netghost: 9:09pm On Aug 09, 2010
have the most recent dump on ORacle,microsoft certifications, sun,vmware,Redhat,Citrix,CCNA etc

(1) (Reply)

Mobil Esso International Post Graduate Scholarship Test / First Bank Or Globacom Which Should I Take? / Sample NSE Registration Technical Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.