Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:23 AM

My Opinion On Why USA Cannot Arrest Aisha Buhari, Even If She’s Guilty - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Opinion On Why USA Cannot Arrest Aisha Buhari, Even If She’s Guilty (792 Views)

Aisha Buhari Attacks Management Of Aso Rock Clinic At Abuja. / Top 5 Most Popular Nairaland Members (my opinion) / Indimi Sisters Call Aisha Buhari Gold Digger, Aftermath Of Zahra's Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Opinion On Why USA Cannot Arrest Aisha Buhari, Even If She’s Guilty by writetopoker: 11:54am On Aug 04, 2016
Why USA cannot arrest Aisha Buhari, even if she’s guilty

We cannot arrest Aisha Buhari, even if she’s guilty — USA

How far does diplomatic immunity go? Can they arrest Aisha Buhari?
The short answer is this: It depends on the rank of the individual in question.
Top diplomats have full immunity. This immunity covers their family members as well.
That means ambassadors can commit just about any crime—from stealing to murder—and walk free. Not only that, they will be immune from arrest or from trial.

They can neither be forced to testify in court nor arrested. For instance, diplomatic vehicles (the ones with green numbers) can be issued a traffic citation but they may chose not to pay it and nothing will happen.
President Buhari has the highest diplomatic cover outside the shores of Nigeria. So does his family members; including Aisha Buhari.
In essence, even if it was proven beyond any reasonable doubt the Aisha Buhari mentioned in the William Jefferson trial is the same as the president’s wife, no police can arrest her.

End of discussion!

But there are boundaries beyond which diplomatic covers can be lifted. This can happen, if for instance, the United States declares someone a persona non grata.
Even in this circumstance, the United States can only send the diplomat back to his home country for trial; if the home country decides to try the fellow.

Another extreme case is when the home country, in this instance waves the diplomatic cover. Under this scenario, the United States can then treat the individual as any other person.
Do you get the picture now?
The real Aisha Buhari, the one in Aso Villa now in USA, cannot be tried in USA, even if she’s was the one involved in the fraud mentioned in the Jefferson trial.

Re: My Opinion On Why USA Cannot Arrest Aisha Buhari, Even If She’s Guilty by writetopoker: 11:59am On Aug 04, 2016
Immunity covers the Nigeria first lady from arrest internationally. arrest can only be made when she leaves office. no where in the world where a sitting President or his wife the first lady can be arrested. all allegations will be put waiting and on holds until office tuner expires.
no country in the world has a right to arrest a sitting president. arrest can only be made when left office. read the international law or ask international lawyers for info.
Re: My Opinion On Why USA Cannot Arrest Aisha Buhari, Even If She’s Guilty by Nobody: 12:01pm On Aug 04, 2016
If I catch Aisha eeh!

Re: My Opinion On Why USA Cannot Arrest Aisha Buhari, Even If She’s Guilty by masseratti: 6:19pm On Aug 04, 2016
Una no dey tire? you guys have shifted the goal post, changed the rules on the middle of the game.

(1) (Reply)

Mugabe / Festac Town / BREAKING : SO SAD, POPULAR NIGERIAN ACTOR NDUBUIGBO IS DEAD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.