Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,112 members, 7,852,765 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 04:39 AM

Nigeria Bankrupt Because Of A Foolish Policy, Says Emir Sanusi - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Bankrupt Because Of A Foolish Policy, Says Emir Sanusi (43796 Views)

How I Went Bankrupt Because Of Abacha’s Death—tonye Cole / Buhari Backs CBN Flexible Forex Policy, Says It’s Down Payment For Success / Bayelsa State Is A Foolish State... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Bankrupt Because Of A Foolish Policy, Says Emir Sanusi by Izonpikin: 6:12pm On Aug 04, 2016
obomobo:
People believe d removal of subsidy den was a scam, d@ d govt will embezzled d money but I know only time will tell
even Buhari then thought it was a scam....gej Don leave the country for them to rule na...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Bankrupt Because Of A Foolish Policy, Says Emir Sanusi by udokafireyahoo: 6:16pm On Aug 04, 2016
But you were one of the policy maker...what did you do.
progress69:
For the wailers who hapilly invaded this thread thinking they will see something to masturbate about, Sorry for the disapointed. Am dure some of you Ekpas will only read the headline and fly to comment.

Back to the matter;

In 2009 when I became governor of Central Bank, the Nigerian government spent N291 billion that year subsidizing petroleum products.

“Two years later in 2011, N2.13 trillion was spent on the same subsidy, so has our population increased ten fold? It was very clear that this wasn’t oil subsidy; it was a scam.

This is just oine of the greatest heist carried out by the gele wearing woman and her master. Imagine using 25% of this year's budget to finance bogus subsidy claims. Even the most inteligent and unrepentant wailer can never come up with anything meaningful to defend this scam

“This is just on kerosene; can you imagine a country losing $120m every month to a non-existent subsidy on kerosene, and not on the PMS.

This one is broad day light robery. Nobody ever i repeat nobody ecer biught kerosene at a subsidized price of N50 -N55 per litre at any filling station. Just once in a blue moon that NNPC sells at the price at select outlets. who was swallowing all the money?

Today oil is selling below 50usd per barrel for over a year now,everyone is crying economy.imagine we had all these monies in our reserves

God help us

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Bankrupt Because Of A Foolish Policy, Says Emir Sanusi by obomobo: 6:20pm On Aug 04, 2016
Izonpikin:
even Buhari then thought it was a scam....gej Don leave the country for them to rule na...
yeah but d@ y its hard for things to work immediately cos so many mouth don enjoy d money so they try to frustrate d change
Re: Nigeria Bankrupt Because Of A Foolish Policy, Says Emir Sanusi by francisbiz: 6:23pm On Aug 04, 2016
progress69:
Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi II on Wednesday said that Nigeria is experiencing economic recession due to the implementation of a “foolish, unrealistic and unsustainable” policy.

The former CBN governor wondered why anyone would be surprised that the country is “bankrupt”, saying the refusal of the elite to listen all these years led us down this path.

Sanusi said this while delivering a lecture on deregulation of the downstream oil sector and Nigeria’s economic development at the National Defence College, Abuja.

“Nigeria is bankrupt; we are bankrupted by a policy that was foolish, that was unrealistic, and unsustainable, and by all means our refusal over the years to listen,” he said.

“We are surprised that we have an economic recession; we are actually surprised that we are in recession? We created the recession.

“The oil sector is only 15 per cent of GDP, yet oil accounts for 70 per cent of government revenues, oil accounts for 99 per cent of our foreign earnings.

“We got to a point when even though the numbers were staring us in the face, the entire nation was in denial. In 2009 when I became governor of Central Bank, the Nigerian government spent N291 billion that year subsidizing petroleum products.

“Two years later in 2011, N2.13 trillion was spent on the same subsidy, so has our population increased ten fold? It was very clear that this wasn’t oil subsidy; it was a scam.

“The whole issue of fuel subsidy was set up to create an opportunity for a few people to make money, and it was presented in a manner that convinced everybody that it was for the poor.

“For every 30,000 metric tonnes of kerosene imported into the country, the Federation Account lost $20m. We were importing six to eight vessels per month for six years until this subsidy unload; the Federation Account was losing from $120m to $160m every month.

“This is just on kerosene; can you imagine a country losing $120m every month to a non-existent subsidy on kerosene, and not on the PMS. This is how bad non-deregulation was because it allowed a small group of criminals to garner so much financial resources as to undermine every single institution that we had for checks and balances.”

https://www.thecable.ng/nigeria-bankrupt-because-of-a-foolish-policy-says-sanusi
Sanusi is a corrupt confusion monger.
I remember when he was giving employment to his girlfriends.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Bankrupt Because Of A Foolish Policy, Says Emir Sanusi by onelife97: 6:38pm On Aug 04, 2016
Miranda11:
Who was President of nigeria in 2009? i believe it was that person who appointed Sanusi as CBN Governor, why didn't he tell Yaradua then that subsidy was a scam or challenge Obasanjo that subsidy was a scam?

Jonathan tried to remove subsidy during his time and Sanusi was the CBN gov then, because Jonathan knew it was a huge scam but the APC people in power now fought against it, only for the same APC people who supported Sanusi to become Emir of Kano, to turn around and remove it.

Sanusi was also part of the foolish people that created the policy, so please who is scamming who here?
Danusia or Emir abi na Emere,he has always been one of the goats dem that are eating our yams.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Bankrupt Because Of A Foolish Policy, Says Emir Sanusi by methodman(m): 6:44pm On Aug 04, 2016
Miranda11:
Who was President of nigeria in 2009? i believe it was that person who appointed Sanusi as CBN Governor, why didn't he tell Yaradua then that subsidy was a scam or challenge Obasanjo that subsidy was a scam?

Jonathan tried to remove subsidy during his time and Sanusi was the CBN gov then, because Jonathan knew it was a huge scam but the APC people in power now fought against it, only for the same APC people who supported Sanusi to become Emir of Kano, to turn around and remove it.

Sanusi was also part of the foolish people that created the policy, so please who is scamming who here?
GOD BLESS YOU FOR THIS WRITE UP. YOU NAILED IT

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Bankrupt Because Of A Foolish Policy, Says Emir Sanusi by Ugosample(m): 6:48pm On Aug 04, 2016
Miranda11:

Sanusi created the policy shocked?

Na wa o

Sanusi was one of the arrowheads for the removal of the subsidy...
Re: Nigeria Bankrupt Because Of A Foolish Policy, Says Emir Sanusi by passyhansome(m): 6:58pm On Aug 04, 2016
mrkayusfit:
The Niger delta terrorists are the ones crippling our economy. Left to me, i prefer the military invade the Niger delta creeks to smoke out the scavengers crippling our oil wealth just like they did in arepo creeks. Negotiations is not the way out. Bombard the idiiots and let them know force is the only reply from the government. Many states can't pay salaries because our oil production is dropping because of a few miscreants fighting for their pockets. We once fed the country with cocoa and agriculture money from the north and no youths from SW & North formed militancy. Lazy parasites waiting for monthly stipends from our oil wealth instead of looking for what to do sad

WHY NOW? DO YOU HAVE DISPLAY HOW JEJUNE, AND PATHETIC YOU ARE WITH REASONING. HOW DARE YOU BLAME THE WOE OF THE COUNTRY TO NIGER DELTAS. FOR THE PAST MISERABLE 16YEARS N.D HAVE BEEN RULLING RIGHT? BRO OYA RECEIVE SENSE

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Bankrupt Because Of A Foolish Policy, Says Emir Sanusi by AngryNigerian(m): 7:10pm On Aug 04, 2016
Miranda11:

God bless ur great grand sons! What an epic!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Bankrupt Because Of A Foolish Policy, Says Emir Sanusi by caracas: 7:19pm On Aug 04, 2016
mrkayusfit:
The Niger delta terrorists are the ones crippling our economy. Left to me, i prefer the military invade the Niger delta creeks to smoke out the scavengers crippling our oil wealth just like they did in arepo creeks. Negotiations is not the way out. Bombard the idiiots and let them know force is the only reply from the government. Many states can't pay salaries because our oil production is dropping because of a few miscreants fighting for their pockets. We once fed the country with cocoa and agriculture money from the north and no youths from SW & North formed militancy. Lazy parasites waiting for monthly stipends from our oil wealth instead of looking for what to do sad
Pls Oga am a student of history when did the north n sw feed nigerians with cocoa n groundnut ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Bankrupt Because Of A Foolish Policy, Says Emir Sanusi by seguno2: 7:49pm On Aug 04, 2016
He is the real fool here and a hypocrite as well.
Is he not using a Rolls Royce instead of a made in Nigeria vehicle?
Is he not having millions of almajiris instead of sending them to school so they can get knowledge and skills to produce things instead of using only imported things?
He is only fooling himself. He is not fooling anyone, at least not me.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Bankrupt Because Of A Foolish Policy, Says Emir Sanusi by Flyingngel(m): 7:54pm On Aug 04, 2016
[quote author=mrkayusfit post=48179711][size=11pt]The Niger delta terrorists are the ones crippling our economy. Left to me, i prefer the military invade the Niger delta creeks to smoke out the scavengers crippling our oil wealth just like they did in arepo creeks. Negotiations is not the way out. Bombard the idiiots and let them know force is the only reply from the government. Many states can't pay salaries because our oil production is dropping because of a few miscreants fighting for their pockets. We once fed the country with cocoa and agriculture money from the north and no youths from SW & North formed militancy. Lazy parasites waiting for monthly stipends from our oil wealth instead of looking for what to do sad

even if i don't support the Avengers mode of operations, but u telling me the cocoa and groundnut was use to feed the nation, have u also being told that during that time the north and southwest control their resources 100% and pay tax to d central government. Have u ever ask urself y is it that during d advent of crude oil resource control was abrogated. Am confident if u were to come to come frm south-south, it would have been different.
Pls don't ask me what d governors has been doing with 13% they have been collecting. What was good for d goose shld also b good to d gander.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Bankrupt Because Of A Foolish Policy, Says Emir Sanusi by shuggah(m): 7:54pm On Aug 04, 2016
mrkayusfit:

OUR oil? pls we in d niger delta don't know you, if u need oil, pray buhari finds it in Sahara desert

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Bankrupt Because Of A Foolish Policy, Says Emir Sanusi by shuggah(m): 7:58pm On Aug 04, 2016
TheLegal:
we imposed this recession on ourselves. In 2010 when Jonathan removed fuel subsidy, many idiots opposed him. The finance minister then, Iweala did everything possible to convince some fools that subsidy was a scam, that it benefited only the rich and impoverished the poor masses, we chose to play politics with. Evil men then, now in APC including the dullard of a president, brainwashed the illiterates and they took to the streets to protest against subsidy removal.

God will deal with many both here on earth and in the world to come.

The protest was highly felt in the South West and in the North.
God bless u

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Bankrupt Because Of A Foolish Policy, Says Emir Sanusi by Nobody: 8:09pm On Aug 04, 2016
ashala:

.....and when Jonathan wanted to emove subsidy, where you not among the Ekpas that fought tooth and Nail?

The idiots occupied Ojota and Kano. Now they are pointing fingers.
Now sef nobody knows if there is subsidy or not.
Scam government.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Bankrupt Because Of A Foolish Policy, Says Emir Sanusi by orisa37: 8:11pm On Aug 04, 2016
I am a Son of Understanding.
Re: Nigeria Bankrupt Because Of A Foolish Policy, Says Emir Sanusi by orisa37: 8:19pm On Aug 04, 2016
His Professional qualification to this Democratic Position is Military.
Re: Nigeria Bankrupt Because Of A Foolish Policy, Says Emir Sanusi by tessyviv(f): 8:31pm On Aug 04, 2016
Nigeria my country, the more you look the less you see.
"Almost" one step ahead and twenty steps backwards.
Dear lord, help Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Bankrupt Because Of A Foolish Policy, Says Emir Sanusi by bitweezy: 8:33pm On Aug 04, 2016
What I really do not understand is the phrase "Subsidy Removal" I have always maintained that subsidy cannot be removed, it can only be moved from the government to the masses.

As it stands now, instead of the government paying the cabal subsidy, we the masses are paying for it.

The only genuine claim in this subsidy matter is that the masses pay subsidy to the importers for the exact quantity consumed and not inflated quantities if paid by the government.

Also to remind all that the current government where the ones behind the occupy Nigeria to ensure that the subsidy removal failed.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Bankrupt Because Of A Foolish Policy, Says Emir Sanusi by 3Div: 9:03pm On Aug 04, 2016
progress69:
For the wailers who hapilly invaded this thread thinking they will see something to masturbate about, Sorry for the disapointed. Am dure some of you Ekpas will only read the headline and fly to comment.

Back to the matter;

In 2009 when I became governor of Central Bank, the Nigerian government spent N291 billion that year subsidizing petroleum products.

This is just oine of the greatest heist carried out by the gele wearing woman and her master. Imagine using 25% of this year's budget to finance bogus subsidy claims. Even the most inteligent and unrepentant wailer can never come up with anything meaningful to defend this scam

“This is just on kerosene; can you imagine a country losing $120m every month to a non-existent subsidy on kerosene, and not on the PMS.

This one is broad day light robery. Nobody ever i repeat nobody ecer biught kerosene at a subsidized price of N50 -N55 per litre at any filling station. Just once in a blue moon that NNPC sells at the price at select outlets. who was swallowing all the money?

Today oil is selling below 50usd per barrel for over a year now,everyone is crying economy.imagine we had all these monies in our reserves

God help us

Didn't the Gele wearing woman move to remove the subsidy in 2011 ?.
Didn't the Gele wearing woman move to create a SWF ?.

What do you even know ?.

God help us.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Bankrupt Because Of A Foolish Policy, Says Emir Sanusi by progress69: 9:17pm On Aug 04, 2016
3Div:

Didn't the Gele wearing woman move to remove the subsidy in 2011 ?.
Didn't the Gele wearing woman move to create a SWF ?.

What do you even know ?.

God help us.

Abeg make we hear word. I say make we hear word. The question is how dis subsidy claims jump to up to 8 times more than what was paid in 2009.SWF yhat she eas stealing from? Sanunsi asked if our population rose 10 times. Can u and yhe gele woman expalin the jump in subsidy claims.why did u delibrately ignore the fact she was also paying for a non existent kerosene subsidy. She and master want to turn thr burden of the great heist on innocent Nigeroans whilst selling oil above 100usd, and in prime oil production. Nigerians are no fools, they know the differnce b/w subsidy regime then and now. Okonjo initiated TSA but it was never implemented, They tried to remove total subsidy, no balls to hold tight. To hell with the ineffectual buffon and the con artiste gele wearing woman. You know nothing, i repeat u know nothing. Blind follower
Re: Nigeria Bankrupt Because Of A Foolish Policy, Says Emir Sanusi by excel101(m): 9:17pm On Aug 04, 2016
mrkayusfit:
"We once fed" do you know how the money was shared then? Let me also educate u, SS has palm fruit, rubber, cassava, yam, fishes .et.c, we were also busy here in the South South region. The wealth of this country is regularly being stolen by the likes of Danjuma. If you know what this man and his likes are makin from Niger Delta (while the region is left desolate), u'll shade tears.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Bankrupt Because Of A Foolish Policy, Says Emir Sanusi by 3Div: 9:34pm On Aug 04, 2016
progress69:

Abeg make we hear word. I say make we hear word. The question is how dis subsidy claims jump to up to 8 times more than what was paid in 2009.SWF yhat she eas stealing from? Sanunsi asked if our population rose 10 times. Can u and yhe gele woman expalin the jump in subsidy claims.why did u delibrately ignore the fact she was also paying for a non existent kerosene subsidy. She and master want to turn thr burden of the great heist on innocent Nigeroans whilst selling oil above 100usd, and in prime oil production. Nigerians are no fools, they know the differnce b/w subsidy regime then and now. Okonjo initiated TSA but it was never implemented, They tried to remove total subsidy, no balls to hold tight. To hell with the ineffectual buffon and the con artiste gele wearing woman. You know nothing, i repeat u know nothing. Blind follower

I wish you had more sense.

In 2011, the gele woman came out and said all these things you are saying. She was that made it public that NGR could no longer afford to pay this subsidies especially since most of them are fraudulent.

What do you know about Governance ?.

SWF ?. Lord! Why do you have to be such a fool ?!.

Wasn't it Amaechi and cohort that took the FG to court so they could have money to spend on APC...which they did.

Common son. Wake up and learn.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Bankrupt Because Of A Foolish Policy, Says Emir Sanusi by progress69: 9:51pm On Aug 04, 2016
3Div:

I wish you had more sense.

In 2011, the gele woman came out and said all these things you are saying. She was that made it public that NGR could no longer afford to pay this subsidies especially since most of them are fraudulent.

What do you know about Governance ?.

SWF ?. Lord! Why do you have to be such a fool ?!.

Wasn't it Amaechi and cohort that took the FG to court so they could have money to spend on APC...which they did.

Common son. Wake up and learn.

Hey boy now listen. This issue of SWF have been over flogged. You i and mynd44 agreed to save money. But all the time we comr for executive meeting you discover I and Mynd44 have tampered with the savings. Now tell me, are u gonna accept to keep saving with us cheesy. That is number one. Mind u, google is ur friend, the same fraudster claimed FAAC was aware of the fradulent removal of 2 trillion from be SWF for some phantom subsidy claims but later retracted her lies wgen FAAC denied and said Jonathan gavr her the approval to withdraw the alleges money to pay for subsidy. I am sure u will not like to keep ur money with a con artiste.

You are playing around the bush, the question begging for ans is what occassioned the subsidy Jump from 290bn to 2.2trillion? Did the amount of cars and generators multiply by 10. Or did our population in Nigeria suddenly tripple?she was trying to shift her mess to the innocent masses.

Hey you boy, why have u refused to telk us who was swallowing the so called phantom kerosene subsidy claims, all this still under her watch.

Hey boy, not everyone is silly. I hope u av been educated enough.
Re: Nigeria Bankrupt Because Of A Foolish Policy, Says Emir Sanusi by 3Div: 10:07pm On Aug 04, 2016
progress69:

Hey boy now listen. This issue of SWF have been over flogged. You i and mynd44 agreed to save money. But all the time we comr for executive meeting you discover I and Mynd44 have tampered with the savings. Now tell me, are u gonna accept to keep saving with us cheesy. That is number one. Mind u, google is ur friend, the same fraudster claimed FAAC was aware of the fradulent removal of 2 trillion from be SWF for some phantom subsidy claims but later retracted her lies wgen FAAC denied and said Jonathan gavr her the approval to withdraw the alleges money to pay for subsidy. I am sure u will not like to keep ur money with a con artiste.

You are playing around the bush, the question begging for ans is what occassioned the subsidy Jump from 290bn to 2.2trillion? Did the amount of cars and generators multiply by 10. Or did our population in Nigeria suddenly tripple?she was trying to shift her mess to the innocent masses.

Hey you boy, why have u refused to telk us who was swallowing the so called phantom kerosene subsidy claims, all this still under her watch.

Hey boy, not everyone is silly. I hope u av been educated enough.

Who raised the alarm that this subsidy is a scam ?!.

That's a simple question. Now, you're accusing the gele woman, same woman who came out publicly to say subsidy was a scam and some people where just churning out figures.

If you do not know, the figures are gotten from the port then sent to the MOF.

That was why NGO had to say. NO!. This is a scam.

5 years later you open your mouth to say how was it so like she didn't say it then.

You have no knowledge of what you're talking about son.

Read!.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Bankrupt Because Of A Foolish Policy, Says Emir Sanusi by Raypawer(m): 10:10pm On Aug 04, 2016
Why Not Come and Bomb ND your self?? you think that throwing bomb will help it will only kill the innocent but those NDA guys are smarter that that, you are spewing this trash cos you are not from Niger Delta, i think its high time fiscal federalism is implemented so people like you will start thinking of what you can achieve with your hands and not on some other's Oil!

mrkayusfit:

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Bankrupt Because Of A Foolish Policy, Says Emir Sanusi by Raypawer(m): 10:10pm On Aug 04, 2016
Why Not Come and Bomb ND your self?? you think that throwing bomb will help it will only kill the innocent but those NDA guys are smarter that that, you are spewing this cos you are not from Niger Delta, i think its high time fiscal federalism is implemented so people like you will start thinking of what you can achieve with your hands and not on some other's Oil!

mrkayusfit:

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Bankrupt Because Of A Foolish Policy, Says Emir Sanusi by StUriah(m): 10:19pm On Aug 04, 2016
When militancy was not in vogue, some of these mumus cherished their uncladiness and can ' denge post' for them to be snapshot.

Indeed Awolowo tried o o!

Re: Nigeria Bankrupt Because Of A Foolish Policy, Says Emir Sanusi by progress69: 10:27pm On Aug 04, 2016
3Div:

That's a simple question. Now, you're accusing the gele woman, same woman who came out publicly to say subsidy was a scam and some people where just churning out figures.

5 years later you open your mouth to say how was it so like she didn't say it then.

Read!.

U are a kid. A baby, u av little knowledge ofwhat u talking about. You are arguing like a sibking kid. Mind you, Sanusi was the main pioneer of subsidy removal. Alot of u attacking SLS are very ignorant. Saying it was a scam to cover up their tracks just after re-election. is it me ot you that approved the monehy for the scam? U need to settle down and learn from those who know. After syphoning money for elections, it was blamed on Subsidy, same subsidy they approved and paid for. So when u know something is a scam, u still paid for it. How foolish does that sound?

Meanwhile help your self with this video, to see Okonjo sitted, while Sanusi was addressing about why subsidy must be totally removed in 2012. That is if even have data cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7QDjzTTrag
Re: Nigeria Bankrupt Because Of A Foolish Policy, Says Emir Sanusi by nuelyoyo(m): 11:03pm On Aug 04, 2016
ashala:

.....and when Jonathan wanted to emove subsidy, where you not among the Ekpas that fought tooth and Nail?
u are making a mistake, Sanusi campaigned for the removal of subsidy at that time.
Re: Nigeria Bankrupt Because Of A Foolish Policy, Says Emir Sanusi by progress69: 11:06pm On Aug 04, 2016
3Div:

Read!.

Hwy boy so have u learntsomething today cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu: "Allen Onyema, Airpeace Boss, Lied Against Me" / Billboard War In Lagos As PDP Candidate Clips Campaign Advert With APC- Pictured / Plans To Scuttle Election Via New Naira Notes, Fuel Scarcity Exposed - FFK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.