Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:56 PM

How To Avoid Getting Into Trouble With Cultists - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How To Avoid Getting Into Trouble With Cultists (39378 Views)

7 Things That Can Get You Into Trouble With The Police(SARS) / Tips On How To Avoid Getting Lynched Mistakenly As Badoo Member In Ikorodu / Soldiers Clash With Cultists In Rivers, 4 Killed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Avoid Getting Into Trouble With Cultists by berniceunice: 1:44pm On Aug 07, 2016
ok it
Re: How To Avoid Getting Into Trouble With Cultists by berniceunice: 2:04pm On Aug 07, 2016
lestat:
@donald3d

Nice write up, and i hope this article touches lives

Lemme add some for the young ones about to enter UNIVERSITY.

. NEVER ACCEPT HELP FROM A BIG BOY OR GIRL NO MATTER HOW HARMLESS

Back in the mid 90's i was a kid in one of the Federal Universities, i broke some rules the OP listed but unconsciously, innocently, was a spoilt kid who didn't know better.

Back then we had what you would call clubs for so called rich kids, these clubs are for parties and a sort of "we are better than you" group of kids., so i was a member.

Now part of the rules where things like, you don't just eat anywhere, you also have to dress good in school, so i did all these.

Now i was dating a girl who stayed on campus and every evening i used to take stuff to her hostel ,, now one evening as i entered my gf's hostel i was stopped by one of the big boys who i didnt know as all the ones i knew i regularly gave money too so they let me be.But this guy his face was unknown to me and he just grabbed me, punched me in the face and took all my money, my watch and everything i bought for my girl. This happened right in the female hostel and i was bleeding unhappy and embarrassed, so as i was leaving one of the ones i know saw me and asked me what happened , i told him he asked me to follow him and a group of 4 other guys i did and when we went back inside they searched for the guy thought they didnt find him they made me drive them into town to his place there they met him alone, let me just say i got my stuff back and they didnt ask me for anything the only thing they said was can you see why its good to hang with us? i laughed this off ( an error)

Now the following weeks i made it a point to go to see them at a popular bar in town just to show my gratitude and solidarity.

THIS IS WHERE IT STARTS TO GET DARK

Now as time went one they started coming around me more, being a scared glasses wearing nerdy mum's boy i wasn't brave enough to just walk away, i was a jambite and even though i had two elder brothers in the school i wanted to feel like my own man so i kept telling myself that these guys like me so i can handle this (second error)

Two of them moved into my apartment, everywhere i drove they followed me in my car, now this made me feel but cool and among so i thought it was all still within my control (error 3)

Now one day one of them tells me theres a party they would like to invite me for being that i have a car and i thought nothing of it and agreed.

Now i am still at work so i will be brief as i have alot to do.

Going to that party was the worst decision that changed the entire course of my life forever, you see mind you i made a series of bad choices that led up to that point.

But nothing prepared me for the events that followed: Mind you i was barely 19, and this was 95

1. i accepted help from them

2. i never told anyone what was happening as i felt i was in control of the situation

3. I trusted them because i thought they liked me as a friend- i was naive

Around 11 pm we headed out but they directed me to drive to somewere to pick a girl as we drove towards the out skirts we arrived at a house where i saw about 7 other cars and there where over 50 guys there now my car keys where taken from my and i was pushed one of the cars and this is when my heart started beating.

I was blind followed and from here a convoy of cars drove off to an unknown destination.

This was how i was initiated, bammed, jay, wise, whatever you call it.

That's how i became a member of a confraternity and my life led me down a deep dark part, from Lagos to Los Angeles.

Let me just say this to those of you who think its cool to Lord up, or be wise.

Guy your life will turn to something else, this isn't a Hollywood movie, i am as close as you get to the real deal both in Nigeria and in USA, i was in it and lived to tell the tale so let me advise you. I lost so much i cant even begin to explain. Initiation changes you, you become more beast than human.
You loose self control and revel in excesses, you become programmed for one thing only "Violence"
You loose people skills and grow only your negative aspects, you loose emotional intelligence, you loose self control, you go from being a light to being the darkness.

And do you know the saddest thing? you think its cool doing all this, because you are programmed that way.I lost friends, as in men who would have been great fathers today, i was the class rep early in my 100 level , but i went from that to being rusticated.

Each time my mum would use her influence to get me back in, these guys brainwashed me, i was used for finance for everything from arms to parties and i was obliging them.

Wars where fought from Ewe koko, Futa Jalun, Kiriji, Zamfara, Bermuda and so on.

All for what? Let me tell you what all this gangster-ism is about at the end of the day, its all about money, you are just a tool for the payment of your dues. When there is a gang war you will be killed all for nothing.

Please please please. i lost the years, love, trust, and friends. I did horrible things and was nearly killed several times all for what? because of what?
It took the prayers of friends and family plus a decision to change my life to walk away.

But also God helped, the story of how i left is for another day.

Cheers

congratulation brow not everybody has that privileged.
Re: How To Avoid Getting Into Trouble With Cultists by trekkie: 9:39am On Aug 09, 2016
First I thank harrychocoberry wink you share great stuff. I am hooked on great articles ( I still go back to re read your old ones)

Donald3d....respect to you. Your article is proof that wisdom is not the exclusive preserve of the old.

He who walks with the wise will be wise but the companion of fools will be destroyed because you walk with Jesus, you are wise.

Don't let anyone persuade you otherwise.
Re: How To Avoid Getting Into Trouble With Cultists by horrmorr(m): 11:21am On Aug 11, 2016
Bro. U really. Try ooo more blessing
Re: How To Avoid Getting Into Trouble With Cultists by goldedprince: 2:23pm On Sep 20, 2016
So for your dictionary, big boys mean cultists right?
Re: How To Avoid Getting Into Trouble With Cultists by Nobody: 11:10pm On May 11, 2017
lestat:
@donald3d

Nice write up, and i hope this article touches lives

Lemme add some for the young ones about to enter UNIVERSITY.

. NEVER ACCEPT HELP FROM A BIG BOY OR GIRL NO MATTER HOW HARMLESS

Back in the mid 90's i was a kid in one of the Federal Universities, i broke some rules the OP listed but unconsciously, innocently, was a spoilt kid who didn't know better.

Back then we had what you would call clubs for so called rich kids, these clubs are for parties and a sort of "we are better than you" group of kids., so i was a member.

Now part of the rules where things like, you don't just eat anywhere, you also have to dress good in school, so i did all these.

Now i was dating a girl who stayed on campus and every evening i used to take stuff to her hostel ,, now one evening as i entered my gf's hostel i was stopped by one of the big boys who i didnt know as all the ones i knew i regularly gave money too so they let me be.But this guy his face was unknown to me and he just grabbed me, punched me in the face and took all my money, my watch and everything i bought for my girl. This happened right in the female hostel and i was bleeding unhappy and embarrassed, so as i was leaving one of the ones i know saw me and asked me what happened , i told him he asked me to follow him and a group of 4 other guys i did and when we went back inside they searched for the guy thought they didnt find him they made me drive them into town to his place there they met him alone, let me just say i got my stuff back and they didnt ask me for anything the only thing they said was can you see why its good to hang with us? i laughed this off ( an error)

Now the following weeks i made it a point to go to see them at a popular bar in town just to show my gratitude and solidarity.

THIS IS WHERE IT STARTS TO GET DARK

Now as time went one they started coming around me more, being a scared glasses wearing nerdy mum's boy i wasn't brave enough to just walk away, i was a jambite and even though i had two elder brothers in the school i wanted to feel like my own man so i kept telling myself that these guys like me so i can handle this (second error)

Two of them moved into my apartment, everywhere i drove they followed me in my car, now this made me feel but cool and among so i thought it was all still within my control (error 3)

Now one day one of them tells me theres a party they would like to invite me for being that i have a car and i thought nothing of it and agreed.

Now i am still at work so i will be brief as i have alot to do.

Going to that party was the worst decision that changed the entire course of my life forever, you see mind you i made a series of bad choices that led up to that point.

But nothing prepared me for the events that followed: Mind you i was barely 19, and this was 95

1. i accepted help from them

2. i never told anyone what was happening as i felt i was in control of the situation

3. I trusted them because i thought they liked me as a friend- i was naive

Around 11 pm we headed out but they directed me to drive to somewere to pick a girl as we drove towards the out skirts we arrived at a house where i saw about 7 other cars and there where over 50 guys there now my car keys where taken from my and i was pushed one of the cars and this is when my heart started beating.

I was blind followed and from here a convoy of cars drove off to an unknown destination.

This was how i was initiated, bammed, jay, wise, whatever you call it.

That's how i became a member of a confraternity and my life led me down a deep dark part, from Lagos to Los Angeles.

Let me just say this to those of you who think its cool to Lord up, or be wise.

Guy your life will turn to something else, this isn't a Hollywood movie, i am as close as you get to the real deal both in Nigeria and in USA, i was in it and lived to tell the tale so let me advise you. I lost so much i cant even begin to explain. Initiation changes you, you become more beast than human.
You loose self control and revel in excesses, you become programmed for one thing only "Violence"
You loose people skills and grow only your negative aspects, you loose emotional intelligence, you loose self control, you go from being a light to being the darkness.

And do you know the saddest thing? you think its cool doing all this, because you are programmed that way.I lost friends, as in men who would have been great fathers today, i was the class rep early in my 100 level , but i went from that to being rusticated.

Each time my mum would use her influence to get me back in, these guys brainwashed me, i was used for finance for everything from arms to parties and i was obliging them.

Wars where fought from Ewe koko, Futa Jalun, Kiriji, Zamfara, Bermuda and so on.

All for what? Let me tell you what all this gangster-ism is about at the end of the day, its all about money, you are just a tool for the payment of your dues. When there is a gang war you will be killed all for nothing.

Please please please. i lost the years, love, trust, and friends. I did horrible things and was nearly killed several times all for what? because of what?
It took the prayers of friends and family plus a decision to change my life to walk away.

But also God helped, the story of how i left is for another day.

Cheers

Bros no vex oo, u follow fight those wars? lipsrsealed
Re: How To Avoid Getting Into Trouble With Cultists by KingAzubuike(f): 1:08pm On Jul 05, 2019
Enyimbamercedes:
Cultists are cowards and are usually people with low self-esteem who in order to be relevant, join these groups. Here is a true story. Back in Uni, LASU to be precise, i and a friend were taking a walk to get a bike to go into town to watch a football match. Bikes were scarce but we got one. As we were riding, two cultists (bla.ck a.x.e ) to be precise stopped us and told us to get off the bike that they wanted it. What did i do...i got off the bike, told my friend to get off. I faced them confidently, told them to take the bike and even paid the bike man to take them and walked away. They were afraid to take the bike and instead began to follow us as we walked back. Guess they asked around later who i was...

They are pricks!!! Non-cultists far outnumber these low-lives so no one should be intimidated by them.

Disclaimer: I didn't send anyone to try them o...do so at your own risk
They are just cowards who use their numbers to intimidate and bully people who are weak. That's why if they wan go arrange one person for house na like 7 of them go go. If dem born your papa well why 1,2 or even 3 of u no come. When I was in uni I hated dem like mad and never hesitated to stand up to one if he's trying to form sh*t. And part of wat helped me was that I wasn't scared of death at all. I'll rather die than watch you call me and tell me to submit my phone or give you money. Also part of what helped me was that I was quite huge. So they self dey look face before they try nonsense.

Cc Emilokoiyawon

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Poly Nekede Gang War; 4 Persons Brutally Killed By Cultists In Owerri. Graphic / Herbalist Who Used Female Student For Ritual, Carried Into Court In Delta. Pics / Delta Police Station Empty As Cultists Raid Community

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.