Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,208 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

Michelle Ekure, A Graduate, Turns Shoemaker (photos) - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Michelle Ekure, A Graduate, Turns Shoemaker (photos) (46291 Views)

Zoology And Parasitology Graduate Turns Photographer / Michelle Ekure, Shoemaker, Receives Award - Photos / Beautiful Nigerian Female Graduate Turns Shoemaker (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Michelle Ekure, A Graduate, Turns Shoemaker (photos) by ObiOmaMu: 2:29pm On Aug 04, 2016
Beautiful Nigerian lady Michelle Ekure, was born into the family of Mr. Ekure in Eku Delta State.

In order to defy joblessness, Michelle, a graduate of the department of International Studies and Diplomacy from the University of Benin, ventured into shoemaking, designing patterns and building shoes herself.

Michelle, in an interview with Lukmon of Wazobia Global Times USA, explained how the journey into shoemaking started for her.

See excerpts from the interview below :
Lukomon : So Why shoemaking?
Michelle : My inspiration is from God, I never knew I would be a shoemaker. I graduated from the University six years ago, after which I looked for for job, but to know avail. At sometimes I got employed by a company in Lagos, but the boss was owing too much so I left.

On how it started, there is this other company I buy sandals in Lagos and resell. They sell nice shoes, so one day I thought to myself that I can tell this people to make sandals for me with my label, so I approached them and they said yes. That was how I got my first set of shoes. Then a friend introduced me to a guy that makes shoes. I watch him make shoes one day and I was amazed then I asked him to teach me and he did.

Lukmon : That's a lovely beginning.

Michelle : hmm. Thanks

Lukmon : So how do you drive sales and who are your target customers?

Michele : My target audience are Men of honours, people like the famous Nigerians comedian Alibaba...lol . I make direct sales, but I drive more sales on social media platforms likeinstagram, facebook and twitter. Micheleleather sales per week is over 50 pairs.

Lukmon : Wow! That's a great number. You must be a workaholic. Do you have partners?

Michelle : No, maybe someday. But I have people that are learning under me.

Lukmon: How many are your apprentice?

Michelle : There are about 6 of them and more are still coming.

Lukmon : Talking about the Nigerian famous comedian Alibaba. We've seen pictures of you with him. Are you in anyway related?

Michelle : No we're not related, but he is like a father to me. He always want to see me succeed.

Lukmon: So, if not shoemaking, what would you have ventured into?

Michelle : Maybe work at foreign affairs of British council or UN embassy. I love to be a diplomat .

Lukmon : Hmm. That might come to pass one day.

Michelle : Yeah. (smile)

Lukmon : So, what's your advice to young ladies that are yet to find there ways out there?

Michelle : I always tell people I come in contact with that are looking for job to start something, anything you are good at can bring money to you or just learn a trade.

Lukmon : Is there anything else (e.g unpopular fun fact about you) you’d like to add that might be interesting to our readers ?

Michelle : Hmm... Let them find out.
I'm a very interesting person be with though, I have my moment.

Lukmon : Thanks for your time, we appreciate chatting with you.

Michelle : You're welcome

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/08/Michelle-Ekure-graduate-shoemaker.html[s][/s]

22 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Michelle Ekure, A Graduate, Turns Shoemaker (photos) by adewumiopeyemi(m): 2:30pm On Aug 04, 2016
cool cool cool cool she make sense no doubt abt that grin grin grin Blessup young woman.

67 Likes 1 Share

Re: Michelle Ekure, A Graduate, Turns Shoemaker (photos) by Airforce1(m): 2:31pm On Aug 04, 2016
I will never marry a jobless woman God forbids.

I've said it several times that the reason why Nigeria is backward s because we placed so much emphasis on education.

The world richest men and women today didn't finish high school but they invented so many things because they used their "head".

Good to know our so called graduates are beginning to use their head like the lady on display.

Blessup young woman.

**Billionaire Ambition**

151 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Michelle Ekure, A Graduate, Turns Shoemaker (photos) by immortalcrown(m): 2:32pm On Aug 04, 2016
Work na work so far no be crime and money dey come.

11 Likes

Re: Michelle Ekure, A Graduate, Turns Shoemaker (photos) by Oche211(m): 2:52pm On Aug 04, 2016
This is beauty with brain. She has proven to the world that the only limitation to our success in life lies in the depth of our imaginations.
Unlike some hungry ladies out there on the streets looking for maga, she's here making her cash nd carving a niche for herself.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Michelle Ekure, A Graduate, Turns Shoemaker (photos) by jaymejate: 3:10pm On Aug 04, 2016
[size=18pt]That means una never watch the Nollywood movie "Ada the shoe maker"
Nothing strange for naija again and no 1 cares.
That's the spirit of HUSTLE[/size]
Trust me, one day, this will make her somebody. Hustle go pay

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Michelle Ekure, A Graduate, Turns Shoemaker (photos) by GloShare(m): 4:19pm On Aug 04, 2016

4 Likes

Re: Michelle Ekure, A Graduate, Turns Shoemaker (photos) by izzou(m): 4:52pm On Aug 04, 2016
PapaNnamdi:
I just want tu press her bresst

PapaNnamdi

angry

128 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Michelle Ekure, A Graduate, Turns Shoemaker (photos) by realestniggah: 3:12pm On Aug 05, 2016
an idle mind is the devil workshop

wife material 100 yard

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Michelle Ekure, A Graduate, Turns Shoemaker (photos) by FreeWorld23: 3:13pm On Aug 05, 2016
If na our nowadays ladies with "Mami water" hair and ugly painted face, they will keep their CVS at home and start looking for sugar daddies to date/marry undecided

Find that girl number for me I beg grin

12 Likes

Re: Michelle Ekure, A Graduate, Turns Shoemaker (photos) by Nobody: 3:13pm On Aug 05, 2016
hmmmmmm
Re: Michelle Ekure, A Graduate, Turns Shoemaker (photos) by Hadeyeancah(m): 3:13pm On Aug 05, 2016
PapaNnamdi:

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Michelle Ekure, A Graduate, Turns Shoemaker (photos) by DennisEche(m): 3:14pm On Aug 05, 2016
PapaNnamdi:
Evil..........

2 Likes

Re: Michelle Ekure, A Graduate, Turns Shoemaker (photos) by gbaskiboy: 3:15pm On Aug 05, 2016
God bless her hustle
Re: Michelle Ekure, A Graduate, Turns Shoemaker (photos) by Itzurboi(m): 3:15pm On Aug 05, 2016
GloShare:
Are you sure this is not a pose and snap?

So that elumelu can notice her...

Well, it's better than cardboards on the road.
Am sure that if you are the lady, you will prefer the cardboard style

3 Likes

Re: Michelle Ekure, A Graduate, Turns Shoemaker (photos) by addikt(m): 3:16pm On Aug 05, 2016
PapaNnamdi:

I don't do this but really if you think say brain far away from this fellow please click like angry

55 Likes

Re: Michelle Ekure, A Graduate, Turns Shoemaker (photos) by Hadeyeancah(m): 3:16pm On Aug 05, 2016
GloShare:
Are you sure this is not a pose and snap?

So that elumelu can notice her...

Well, it's better than cardboards on the road.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Michelle Ekure, A Graduate, Turns Shoemaker (photos) by eddiegate(m): 3:16pm On Aug 05, 2016
Beautiful ?? yes ,living up to her full potential as a graduate of the greatest university of Benin ? I don tink so

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Michelle Ekure, A Graduate, Turns Shoemaker (photos) by ileogbenfidel(m): 3:16pm On Aug 05, 2016
Na this girl do that shoe
Re: Michelle Ekure, A Graduate, Turns Shoemaker (photos) by jayriginal: 3:16pm On Aug 05, 2016
She actually looks better in her work clothes than in the last picture. My opinion though. Well done lass.

2 Likes

Re: Michelle Ekure, A Graduate, Turns Shoemaker (photos) by emmabest2000(m): 3:17pm On Aug 05, 2016
This Change is no longer funny ....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Michelle Ekure, A Graduate, Turns Shoemaker (photos) by 9iceboi(m): 3:17pm On Aug 05, 2016
Fine gal.. Hope u can cook and pray for one hour undecided

3 Likes

Re: Michelle Ekure, A Graduate, Turns Shoemaker (photos) by MandingoXXX: 3:17pm On Aug 05, 2016
ObiOmaMu:

Lukmon : So how do you drive sales and who are your target customers?
[s][/s]

This Lukmon na hediot... You Saw Those Two Big Melons On Her Chest and You are Still Asking What Drives Sales For Her.

1 Like

Re: Michelle Ekure, A Graduate, Turns Shoemaker (photos) by rawpadgin(m): 3:17pm On Aug 05, 2016
shocked
Re: Michelle Ekure, A Graduate, Turns Shoemaker (photos) by rawpadgin(m): 3:18pm On Aug 05, 2016
shocked wow!
Re: Michelle Ekure, A Graduate, Turns Shoemaker (photos) by Iseoluwani: 3:18pm On Aug 05, 2016
[/b]*kneels down with hands raised up and eyes closed*[b]

Oh Lord, what a sinner I am,
pardon me my iniquities,
do not punish me with an evil woman,
take them away from my path
and send me my first lady, for thou
hast made me the President.

A home maker I ask of thee,
a wealth manager thou will blest me with, then I shall see the true beauty which thou has enshrined
in a woman....Amen!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Michelle Ekure, A Graduate, Turns Shoemaker (photos) by sommy03(m): 3:19pm On Aug 05, 2016
Wife material....cotton 1000yards
Re: Michelle Ekure, A Graduate, Turns Shoemaker (photos) by AIREGIN360(m): 3:21pm On Aug 05, 2016
God Bless her hustle
Re: Michelle Ekure, A Graduate, Turns Shoemaker (photos) by Sermwell(m): 3:21pm On Aug 05, 2016
If you graduate from my faculty in UNIBEN, you can only make LAWS!

Click like if you rep faculty of law from any university cool

4 Likes

Re: Michelle Ekure, A Graduate, Turns Shoemaker (photos) by FILEBE(m): 3:23pm On Aug 05, 2016
There is dignity in labour. I respect hustlers much more than rich dad's kids or Yahoo boys and olosho.

Ashawo and yahoo yahoo no be work o!

3 Likes

Re: Michelle Ekure, A Graduate, Turns Shoemaker (photos) by Pavore9: 3:23pm On Aug 05, 2016
Inspiring.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Institute Of Chartered Economists Of Nigeria (ICEN) / I Relocated To US To Start My Career Again - Vincent Adeoba / 10 Categories Of Jobs That Can Decrease Your Life Span

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.