Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,287 members, 7,829,651 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

Why Do Igbos Support Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Igbos Support Jonathan (2419 Views)

Should Igbos Support Buhari For 2019 In Exchange For Presidency In 2023 / Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise / Igbos Support Osinbajo! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Igbos Support Jonathan by Nobody: 4:56pm On Aug 04, 2016
I'm a lover of the biafra ideology; why ?Because I know we, igbos have no future under one nigeria. To that extent I wish for a biafra where fairness will take centre stage.

Just this afternoon,I read that,the federal government have resolved to cite a seaport in badagry. What do we expect,this is a government of the yorubas and hausas,so it's only right for them to do well for their regions.

An ijaw man was president for 6yrs,he never completed the 2nd niger bridge,he never allowed igbos to make use of the onne seaport;The other day Apc had the guts to ask bayelsans to show them one single structure Gej gave them other than a university,do you blame them?

To the igbos,we don't need to clamour for or defend jonathan,this same man is in favour of one nigeria. So what are we talking about? The need to draw all our investments back home,the need to admonish our senators to present bills that will help us make use of the seaports in Delta,Portharcourt and calabar. With this, we will be fine,and we can leave lagos for the lagosian. Its a shame igbos don't get their priorities right,if we get this one's, naturally over time a broad coalition of economically empowered easterners capable of challenging the government will spring up,then biafra won't be a mirage.
Cc
Conqueredwest
Cheruv
Israeliairforce
Adaure4ever

All concerned igbos, excluding the Hausa/fulani ,yoruba and rev fr Ejike mbaka can have their say.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbos Support Jonathan by Nobody: 4:23pm On Aug 17, 2016
When we get our priorities right, the rest will fall in place. Its a pity that this beautiful thread is been ignored.
Re: Why Do Igbos Support Jonathan by QuotaSystem: 4:38pm On Aug 17, 2016
blues20:
When we get our priorities right, the rest will fall in place. Its a pity that this beautiful thread is been ignored.

It was bound to be ignored because it's full of truth for the easterners, doesn't attack the North or West, and doesn't insult Buhari.

Goodness knows what kind of Ijaw jazz GEJ has over the Ibos.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Igbos Support Jonathan by iaamxavier(m): 5:26pm On Aug 17, 2016
Igbos are the brainbox of Nigeria - JONATHAN cool

www.nairaland.com/532957/anambra-brain-box-nigeria-jonathan/2
tongue that's the reason!

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbos Support Jonathan by OMAR12: 5:41pm On Aug 17, 2016
we voted for Jonathan, if Jonathan had won, all these thread about why Igbo love Jonathan and hate buhari won't surface. and it not up to Jonathan to push for the creation of sea port in calabar and pH BT rather, those from the south east and south south legislators.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbos Support Jonathan by Nobody: 5:50pm On Aug 17, 2016
QuotaSystem:

It was bound to be ignored because it's full of truth for the easterners, doesn't attack the North or West, and doesn't insult Buhari.

Goodness knows what kind of Ijaw jazz GEJ has over the Ibos.
The devil bedeviling Nigeria today is blame. APC blames PDP, blames within ethnic group, even in families; we are not ready to solve the problem yet. Me, I believe, if the Igbos start thinking home, in all ramification, our dream country will be a reality.
Re: Why Do Igbos Support Jonathan by cheruv: 6:41pm On Aug 17, 2016
OP, adàlá mba nihi na anyi nwéré atu maka nkwalíté na mmépè ala Igbo

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbos Support Jonathan by SuperS1Panther: 6:46pm On Aug 17, 2016
They support anything negative.

They supported corrupt Jonathan.

They are supporting our National ATM, Dasuki.

They have adopted the best rigger of election in the history of Nigeria as their son, Fayose.

They are supporting the looted of our commonwealth, Saraki.

I am sure they will support Judas Iscariot, if the history is repeated now.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Igbos Support Jonathan by Proudlyngwa(m): 6:47pm On Aug 17, 2016
Very lovely thread, but do you want an insightful discussion or a tribe bashing thread.
If you are game let's go.

Igbo's (MOST) voted for Jonathan, because they see all notheners as Hausa and mostly below their level, yet has been ruling them .
With Jonathan on the scene, it was believed the tide had changed, we were no longer under an Aboki, most erroneously believed GEJ will either hand over to an Igbo President or divide Nigeria. Unfortunately Goodluck was a good man, not a good politician . The bottom line, he lost without achieving anything for his region. The Igbo's felt betrayed by Jega and the rest is history.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbos Support Jonathan by ronald4lif(m): 6:48pm On Aug 17, 2016
The caption is crap for I'm Igbo and never supported GEJ and have no regrets.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbos Support Jonathan by Boleyndynasty2(f): 6:48pm On Aug 17, 2016
Here we go again

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbos Support Jonathan by Flashh: 6:53pm On Aug 17, 2016
Because of their hatred for Hausas/Fulanis

They would rather vote for a Congolese to come rule Nigeria instead of these two.

You know what I mean?

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbos Support Jonathan by QuotaSystem: 7:07pm On Aug 17, 2016
Proudlyngwa:
Very lovely thread, but do you want an insightful discussion or a tribe bashing thread.

Igbo's (MOST) voted for Jonathan, because they see all notheners as Hausa and mostly below their level, yet has been ruling them .
With Jonathan on the scene, it was believed the tide had changed, we were no longer under an Aboki, most erroneously believed GEJ will either hand over to an Igbo President or divide Nigeria. Unfortunately Goodluck was a good man, not a good politician . The bottom line, he lost without achieving anything for his region. The Igbo's felt betrayed by Jega and the rest is history.

That idiocy has been the root of a lot of Ibo problems in Nigeria.

One should be ashamed to even say that he is better than the person that has been dominating him politically and economically since 1914 till this day.

I'm open to an objective debate with you on this.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Igbos Support Jonathan by striker9(m): 7:19pm On Aug 17, 2016
nice thread ....following
Re: Why Do Igbos Support Jonathan by Proudlyngwa(m): 7:21pm On Aug 17, 2016
QuotaSystem:

That idiocy has been the root of a lot of Ibo problems in Nigeria.

One should be ashamed to even say that he is better than the person that has been dominating him politically and economically since 1914 till this day.

I'm open to an objective debate with you on this.
Discussion or debate,
I just want a better Eastern region

1 Like

Re: Why Do Igbos Support Jonathan by QuotaSystem: 7:33pm On Aug 17, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

Discussion or debate,
I just want a better Eastern region

I'm humbled by your sincerity.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Igbos Support Jonathan by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:12pm On Aug 17, 2016
QuotaSystem:

I'm humbled by your sincerity.
Gracias
Ime'la

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbos Support Jonathan by Ngozi123(f): 9:55pm On Aug 17, 2016
Neither were ideal; Jonathan was the lesser of two evils. Many Igbos didn't even vote.
Re: Why Do Igbos Support Jonathan by Wadeoye(m): 10:03pm On Aug 17, 2016
Re: Why Do Igbos Support Jonathan by Wadeoye(m): 10:03pm On Aug 17, 2016
Everybody knows... If you are not very corrupt, Igbos will not like you.
Do you hear of Ndigbo this Ndigbo that again? There is no free money again - they have all turned to wailers complaining daily.
See them below when GEJ was sharing money yafun yafun...

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbos Support Jonathan by aresssa: 10:12pm On Aug 17, 2016
When you don't have any worthy or credible local leader and role model, you pick any worthless nuisance like the useless jona Nigerians kicked out of office and some roadside comedian like fayose.

It's all about lack of self worth, bogus sense of identity and belonging..

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbos Support Jonathan by mikolo80: 10:40pm On Aug 17, 2016
illuminated93:
I'm a lover of the biafra ideology; why ?Because I know we, igbos have no future under one nigeria. To that extent I wish for a biafra where fairness will take centre stage.

Just this afternoon,I read that,the federal government have resolved to cite a seaport in badagry. What do we expect,this is a government of the yorubas and hausas,so it's only right for them to do well for their regions.
must you wait for fg to build sea port for you if you're serious get concession

An ijaw man was president for 6yrs,he never completed the 2nd niger bridge,he never allowed igbos to make use of the onne seaport;The other day Apc had the guts to ask bayelsans to show them one single structure Gej gave them other than a university,do you blame them?
yet una carry d mumu for head till today
To the igbos,we don't need to clamour for or defend jonathan,this same man is in favour of one nigeria. So what are we talking about? The need to draw all our investments back home,the need to admonish our senators to present bills that will help us make use of the seaports in Delta,Portharcourt and calabar. With this, we will be fine,and we can leave lagos for the lagosian. Its a shame igbos don't get their priorities right,if we get this one's, naturally over time a broad coalition of economically empowered easterners capable of challenging the government will spring up,then biafra won't be a mirage.
Cc
Conqueredwest
Cheruv
Israeliairforce
Adaure4ever

All concerned igbos, excluding the Hausa/fulani ,yoruba and rev fr Ejike mbaka can have their say.
Re: Why Do Igbos Support Jonathan by Nobody: 10:47pm On Aug 17, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

Error. The same Igbos that voted for Yar'adua.... It is obvious that they saw a better candidate in the person of Jonathan than what we have now. Igbos are realist; you should know that, we don't look on where you're coming from but what you can deliver. This current administration is nothing but paragon of nepotism and supremacy of the highest order. We should not be crucify for excising our democratic right in which ever way we choose to. capish.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbos Support Jonathan by Proudlyngwa(m): 11:38pm On Aug 17, 2016
blues20:

Error. The same Igbos that voted for Yar'adua.... It is obvious that they saw a better candidate in the person of Jonathan than what we have now. Igbos are realist; you should know that, we don't look on where you're coming from but what you can deliver. This current administration is nothing but paragon of nepotism and supremacy of the highest order. We should not be crucify for excising our democratic right in which ever way we choose to. capish.
Igbo's voted for PDP not yaradua,
Let's be sincere, majority of our votes never counted before the last elections,
Majority Igbo States were PDP dominated. If I remember the emergence or Yaradu was met with ridicule and scorn, because he was adjourned to be sick, We had a candidate in OUK then, why didn't we support him,

1 Like

Re: Why Do Igbos Support Jonathan by Nobody: 11:47pm On Aug 17, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

Igbo's voted for PDP not yaradua,
Let's be sincere, majority of our votes never counted before the last elections,
Majority Igbo States were PDP dominated. If I remember the emergence or Yaradu was met with ridicule and scorn, because he was adjourned to be sick, We had a candidate in OUK then, why didn't we support him,
Agreed, majority voted for PDP, but don't forget that he, Yar'adua, was a likable personality that endears him to the heart of indigbo.... Besides, its only in South East that you have three parties thriving. That speaks volume of our democratic spirit. Nigerians don't understand us, which is one of her underlying problems.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Igbos Support Jonathan by Proudlyngwa(m): 12:04am On Aug 18, 2016
blues20:

Agreed, majority voted for PDP, but don't forget that he, Yar'adua, was a likable personality that endears him to the heart of indigbo.... Besides, its only in South East that you have three parties thriving. That speaks volume of our democratic spirit. Nigerians don't understand us, which is one of her underlying problems.
YarAdua was a likeable figure, agreed.
We only knew about him during his campaign and his short stint at presidency, before then we didn't know much about him, and didn't like him because we saw him as Obasanjo's stooge.
Our only pacification, was after his two terms it will be our turn to produce the president.
Had Yaradua lived till today, An Igbo man would have been the President.

As for other Nigerians not understanding us, majority of our actions via victim mentality makes it difficult

1 Like

Re: Why Do Igbos Support Jonathan by Nobody: 12:16am On Aug 18, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

YarAdua was a likeable figure, agreed.
We only knew about him during his campaign and his short stint at presidency, before then we didn't know much about him, and didn't like him because we saw him as Obasanjo's stooge.
Our only pacification, was after his two terms it will be our turn to produce the president.
Had Yaradua lived till today, An Igbo man would have been the President.

As for other Nigerians not understanding us, majority of our actions via victim mentality makes it difficult
If you will agree with me, Igbos don't vote on tribal line. Our votes lies on who represents our best interest. This is fact; backtrack to history and you will find numerous example. After all, Jonathan is not Igbo, neither Obasanjo. Nigerians always expect us to vote in a certain way, for a selected candidate, a predictable anointed chosen one, which is completely against the tenet of true democracy. As per the victim mentality, I don't subscribe to it, but for every effect, there must be a cause. The victim mentality, was not self-inflicted.... the Nigerian State have really dealt with the Igbos; and thus the cry.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Igbos Support Jonathan by oduastates: 12:24am On Aug 18, 2016
illuminated93:

Just this afternoon,I read that,the federal government have resolved to cite a seaport in badagry. What do we expect,this is a government of the yorubas and hausas,so it's only right for them to do well for their regions

ther than a university,do you blame them?

Do not start rewrite the history of a project that is still not on the ground.
Badagry sea port like Eko Atlantic,Lekki free trade zone etc is a Lagos state government initiative . Get that ?
I N I T I A T I V E
Something done by

1 people who think .
2 people who are doers
3 people with foresight
4 People who plan
5 People not eating the future

The federal government is just tagging along .
Re: Why Do Igbos Support Jonathan by SonofDevil: 12:35am On Aug 18, 2016
blues20:

If you will agree with me, Igbos don't vote on tribal line. Our votes lies on who represents our best interest. This is fact; backtrack to history and you will find numerous example. After all, Jonathan is not Igbo, neither Obasanjo. Nigerians always expect us to vote in a certain way, for a selected candidate, a predictable anointed chosen one, which is completely against the tenet of true democracy. As per the victim mentality, I don't subscribe to it, but for every effect, there must be a cause. The victim mentality, was not self-inflicted.... the Nigerian State have really dealt with the Igbos; and thus the cry.
Is there a period of time in nigeria's history that igbos vote against sitting govt, the real voters of democracy re from SW and NC region no govt has. Been able to win landslide. Victory in an election that speaks volume.

The likes of SE&SS and NE&NW voting pattern re the same .

There was a point in time in south west where 3 a party rules too

Ondo state- mimiko (labour party)

Lagos state fashola. (ACN)

Ekiti state fayose (PDP)
Re: Why Do Igbos Support Jonathan by Nobody: 12:38am On Aug 18, 2016
Is a seaport in the exclusive list or not? If you read that news properly,it read, "Federal Govt Approves Seaport For Badagry". Why are igbos excluded from using the onne,calabar,warri seaports? Why should the seaports in lagos be the only seaport available for use,yet you shout the igbos are dominating lagos?
I'm not here to dialogue with tribal illiterates,just answer logically, then we can have a convo.
oduastates:

Do not start rewrite the history of a project that is still not on the ground.
Badagry sea port like Eko Atlantic,Lekki free trade zone etc is a Lagos state government initiative . Get that ?
I N I T I A T I V E
Something done by

1 people who think .
2 people who are doers
3 people with foresight
4 People who plan
5 People not eating the future

The federal government is just tagging along .

1 Like

Re: Why Do Igbos Support Jonathan by aresssa: 12:41am On Aug 18, 2016
blues20:

Our votes lies on who represents our best interest.

The is the saddest joke ever

Sounds like you don't know you own history and fruitless journey with the PDP and if after 16 years of PDP follow follow you are still blaming other people for your woes, then it means it's self inflicted and victim mentality since political alliances are made to guarantee benefits, the same benefits you did not get after 16 years.

After 16 years with the PDP, you should have a lot on the ground to be proud of as credible fruits of your labor so it's very obvious that you voted and eep voting against your interests.

The victim mentality, was not self-inflicted

You don't have any significant political presence in Nigeria today simply because of your misguided choices ad upside down approach to politics and socio political relations across Nigeria.

We don't have any SE president today because of your political choices and failed alliances and to make matters worse for the SE, the same PDP you followed and failed you for 16 years and the same PD you are still following today already zoned the next/2019 presidential slot to the North so any SE president remains a pipe dream and this is another sad example of your self inflicted wound..

Your choices are always self inflicted hence your endless victim mentality syndrome..

You vote and align against your interests everyday....

1 Like

Re: Why Do Igbos Support Jonathan by Nobody: 12:43am On Aug 18, 2016
SonofDevil:

[b]Is there a period of time in nigeria's history that igbos vote against sitting gov[/b]t, the real voters of democracy re from SW and NC region no govt has. Been able to win landslide. Victory in an election that speaks volume.

The likes of SE&SS and NE&NW voting pattern re the same .

There was a point in time in south west where 3 a party rules too

Ondo state- mimiko (labour party)

Lagos state fashola. (ACN)

Ekiti state fayose (PDP)
@ d bold, yes. Imo state voted against a sitting Governor 2011. And if you claim that the real voters of democracy are from the South West, then why the hate against Igbos for demonstrating their democratic choice?

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING: Great Tension!!! Senate President, Bukola Saraki, To Write Resignation / Nigeria Army Giving Parade Command In Hausa In Maiduguri (translated) (video) / IPOB: Have You Heard The Threat Nnamdi Kanu Made Against PMB? What's Your Take

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.