Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,703 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

Processors (CPU) for Gaming PC - WYNTK - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Processors (CPU) for Gaming PC - WYNTK (1475 Views)

Mini-ITX Gaming PC / Gaming PC - What You Need To Know (WYNTK) / Do You Own Or Have You Built A GAMING PC: Please Share Your System Specification (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Processors (CPU) for Gaming PC - WYNTK by AKBliv010(m): 5:41pm On Aug 04, 2016
There's no component of your PC working harder than the CPU. It's running your operating system and programs as complex as Battlefield 4 and as simple as Notepad. Today's desktop processors can handle just about any game you throw at them, and some can even be overclocked to better multitasking performance. You don't have to buy the most expensive processor around to have a great gaming experience.
I will be keeping this concise and won't go into any details about CPU architecture and so on. Therefore, I will skip to knowing what is good for gaming.
Not every one will agree on the table below and that's fine I've looked at these CPU based on a price-to-performance and not necessarily on what CPUs were the best overall performing CPUs.
You'll notice that only Intels CPU's are in Tier 1, this is because Intel CPU's in recent times have higher IPC (instruction-per-cycle) than AMD's. So single core performance (most applicable in games) as opposed to multi-core performance (video editing) on Intel CPU's are alot higher.

Note: The sweet spot for a gaming PC is the Intel Core i5 (4th/6th gen) and a budget gaming CPU is the Intel Pentium G3258. When the G3258 is paired with a Z series motherboard, it can be overclocked from 3.2Ghz to around 4.5Ghz. This doesn't mean AMD processors are not good at gaming. If your budget doesn't allow for an Intel CPU AMD's offerings can still deliver.

Ultimately, though, if you’re in the market for a new gaming computer and you are planning on buying a new system, or if you are just looking for an upgrade for your current system, and you have questions, please post them below

Related Post - https://www.nairaland.com/3267973/gaming-pc-what-need-know

Re: Processors (CPU) for Gaming PC - WYNTK by David4473: 9:36pm On Aug 04, 2016
could you please drop your number so we can talk on WhatsApp?
Re: Processors (CPU) for Gaming PC - WYNTK by AKBliv010(m): 6:05am On Aug 05, 2016
David4473:
could you please drop your number so we can talk on WhatsApp?
Sure, I've just sent you a PM
Re: Processors (CPU) for Gaming PC - WYNTK by David4473: 6:17pm On Aug 06, 2016
that email is presently inactive, use this instead....... omotayodavid9@gmail.com

thanks
Re: Processors (CPU) for Gaming PC - WYNTK by AKBliv010(m): 6:54am On Aug 08, 2016
David4473:
that email is presently inactive, use this instead....... omotayodavid9@gmail.com thanks
Not received any msgs yet, reach me on blivak010@gmail.com
Re: Processors (CPU) for Gaming PC - WYNTK by RX480(m): 6:00pm On Aug 09, 2016
Athlon X4 880K should be in tier 3 or between tier 3 and 4
Re: Processors (CPU) for Gaming PC - WYNTK by AKBliv010(m): 6:42pm On Aug 09, 2016
RX480:
Athlon X4 880K should be in tier 3 or between tier 3 and 4
Will add tier 3.75 to the table lool!

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

How To Play An Online Friendly With Your Friends On Pes 2020 Mobile / Automatic Firmware Updates For Nintendo 3ds ? / Wow! Who Else Remembers This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.