Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,348 members, 7,819,235 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

My Dog Is Driving Me CRAZY!!! - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / My Dog Is Driving Me CRAZY!!! (1696 Views)

Snake Killed By My Dog Last Night / Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe / My Dog Is Going Blind :'( (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Dog Is Driving Me CRAZY!!! by K9blunt(f): 9:38pm On Aug 04, 2016
Hi all,

Let me first say, i grew up with dogs, now i realize i am not what we locally call I.T.K (i too know) when a got a new dog this year January.

Then it was my mother that was training and raising dogs as pets. These particular one i would call our ancestral dog her name was sharon; she had her principles, some of which my mom taught her. One of the principles she had which my mom never taught her was where to poop.

Sharon always pooped in a far corner of our veranda until she gave her first birth. Then she started relieving herself in our bathroom.

Sharon made things, most especially training subsequent puppies easy.... Until she passed on.....

My last dog who was a great grand daughter of sharon was also trained by her.....unfortunately she passed on 5years ago.

Fast forward to 2016....i got matron!
I taught training her would be like sharon and co. But boi! She is driving me NUTS!

Dont poop here poop in the bathroom good girl, *pat on her head* next minute

*she runs away* oops i did it again! Hehe!
Again and again and again, one time she will do the right thing , i will hail and what not, but NO! Oops! Again.. Hehe!

I have tried taking her on walks countless times i got a foreign map of a country on my right knee when it had a kissing encounter on the ground....

I have beaten her countless times even this evening , i was pissed.

Whats worse ? She eats her poop! All the time.

I keep getting, sell her but i would never cause i love her...

How to stop her behavior is what i don't know now, should i just leave her and clean whatever is left of her poop in the wrong place hoping she stops eventually or what?
Matron is going to be a year in September this year.

Ayam tired... *phew!*
Re: My Dog Is Driving Me CRAZY!!! by blessedvisky(m): 9:47pm On Aug 04, 2016
Oo
Re: My Dog Is Driving Me CRAZY!!! by damiz(m): 11:01pm On Aug 04, 2016
That's too bad..i feel for bro.
Re: My Dog Is Driving Me CRAZY!!! by K9blunt(f): 8:16am On Aug 05, 2016
damiz:
That's too bad..i feel for bro.

I am female.
Re: My Dog Is Driving Me CRAZY!!! by djlaqua91(m): 9:17am On Aug 05, 2016
Stop beating her. I guess she's still a puppy. Don't give up. Dogs read human emotions well. Learn not to be too harsh on her. I guess you haven't made yourself the Alpha
Re: My Dog Is Driving Me CRAZY!!! by K9blunt(f): 10:27am On Aug 05, 2016
djlaqua91:
Stop beating her. I guess she's still a puppy. Don't give up. Dogs read human emotions well. Learn not to be too harsh on her. I guess you haven't made yourself the Alpha

Beating is not my pleasure at all, if my mom could be surprised at my beating a dog, you can imagine how stubborn the dog is..... She hardly listens to my command no matter how firm my tone is...
Re: My Dog Is Driving Me CRAZY!!! by NevetsIbot(m): 3:15pm On Aug 05, 2016
Op. Your Dog is still being gentle. My dog ''major''an Alsatian, would enter my room and chew at my clothes. Play on me all night. Ease himself at my door. Drink water from the toilet. And he will still wanna sleep on my bed. And When we lock him out any night he's being stubborn, he'd scratched the door all night, crying like a hurt dog.

What we did.... Whenever we discovered he eased himself in the house, I'd drag him there by its collar cos he wouldnt wanna go there knowing he did wrong by pooing there. I'll stick his nose close to the poo or urine and beat it. Soon, Major started running out to ease himself, same thing I did for the toilet drinking habit. And Did I mention that we used to play a lot.... Too much sev

Dogs are very loyal animals and I love Major so much.... Remember when I fractured my leg and was on bed for 2months, Major never stirred from my bed except twas time to eat. But he's no more with me now.

1 Like

Re: My Dog Is Driving Me CRAZY!!! by K9blunt(f): 6:41pm On Aug 05, 2016
NevetsIbot:
Op. Your Dog is still being gentle. My dog ''major''an Alsatian, would enter my room and chew at my clothes. Play on me all night. Ease himself at my door. Drink water from the toilet. And he will still wanna sleep on my bed. And When we lock him out any night he's being stubborn, he'd scratched the door all night, crying like a hurt dog.

What we did.... Whenever we discovered he eased himself in the house, I'd drag him there by its collar cos he wouldnt wanna go there knowing he did wrong by pooing there. I'll stick his nose close to the poo or urine and beat it. Soon, Major started running out to ease himself, same thing I did for the toilet drinking habit. And Did I mention that we used to play a lot.... Too much sev

Dogs are very loyal animals and I love Major so much.... Remember when I fractured my leg and was on bed for 2months, Major never stirred from my bed except twas time to eat. But he's no more with me now.

Damn, u still haven't recovered from the death of my last dog, rizona! cry cry cry

As for matron she is capital 'STUBBORN'!

That one you did with major putting his nose where he wrongly poops, I've done that several times several, wossai! E no dey be like say I shake body for am...... Bad dog!

Re: My Dog Is Driving Me CRAZY!!! by loomer: 7:00pm On Aug 05, 2016
How many times in a week do you walk your dog?
Re: My Dog Is Driving Me CRAZY!!! by K9blunt(f): 7:11pm On Aug 05, 2016
loomer:
How many times in a week do you walk your dog?

For 2 weeks now I have only walked her about 3ce but before that about 4 to 5 times a week.
Re: My Dog Is Driving Me CRAZY!!! by loomer: 7:15pm On Aug 05, 2016
K9blunt:

For 2 weeks now I have only walked her about 3ce but before that about 4 to 5 times a week.

Truth be told, walking your dog should be done every single day, 2hours at least.

That's why it difficult to have happy dogs as pets, cos not everyone has such spare time

1 Like

Re: My Dog Is Driving Me CRAZY!!! by damiz(m): 8:29pm On Aug 05, 2016
The dog can stop...but it's gona require time, devotion and Patience
Re: My Dog Is Driving Me CRAZY!!! by NevetsIbot(m): 9:11pm On Aug 05, 2016
K9blunt:

Damn, u still haven't recovered from the death of my last dog, rizona! cry cry cry

As for matron she is capital 'STUBBORN'!

That one you did with major putting his nose where he wrongly poops, I've done that several times several, wossai! E no dey be like say I shake body for am...... Bad dog!
beautiful dog btw.... But what dyu use to beat her? I had to use wire on Major after he was a year and was still having that dirty habit. Whipping him like crazy that he'd keep crying minutes after I beat him. Was tired of cleaning poop and mopping the rug full of urine. Use wire on that dog, real wire. Stamp your position as boss. Before I and Major parted, Once I called his name angrily ''MAJOR''.... He's come out with its tail between its legs if he knows he's done something wrong. And I stopped beating him after he was potty trained.
Re: My Dog Is Driving Me CRAZY!!! by K9blunt(f): 9:48pm On Aug 05, 2016
loomer:

Truth be told, walking your dog should be done every single day, 2hours at least.

That's why it difficult to have happy dogs as pets, cos not everyone has such spare time

I will adjust
Re: My Dog Is Driving Me CRAZY!!! by K9blunt(f): 9:48pm On Aug 05, 2016
loomer:

I will adjust thanks.
Re: My Dog Is Driving Me CRAZY!!! by K9blunt(f): 9:56pm On Aug 05, 2016
NevetsIbot:
beautiful dog btw.... But what dyu use to beat her? I had to use wire on Major after he was a year and was still having that dirty habit. Whipping him like crazy that he'd keep crying minutes after I beat him. Was tired of cleaning poop and mopping the rug full of urine. Use wire on that dog, real wire. Stamp your position as boss. Before I and Major parted, Once I called his name angrily ''MAJOR''.... He's come out with its tail between its legs if he knows he's done something wrong. And I stopped beating him after he was potty trained.

I use normal wood cane for beating kids.....

I will try that wire thing.

Thanks dear grin

AND P. S - I meant I haven't recovered from the death of my dog. Very sad!

(1) (Reply)

Vet Available / How To Take Care Of Your New Puppy Upon Arrival. / Female American Pit Bull Terrier For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.