Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,773 members, 7,866,019 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 10:10 AM

Automotive Assignment - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Automotive Assignment (2272 Views)

CEO Of Daimler Name His Four Automotive Icons,Do You Agree With His Picks? / Mercedes-benz Is Rated The Most Valuable European Premium Automotive Brand / Who Is Jelani Aliyu? Buhari’s Newly Appointed Head Of Automotive Council (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Automotive Assignment by Nobody: 8:03pm On Aug 08, 2016
LeJeun3:

Its not about the spark, its about the combustion..

Or rather still the crank

This doesn't require a response really.

Think about what you just typed and maybe repost.
Re: Automotive Assignment by LeJeun3: 8:22pm On Aug 08, 2016
EgunMogaji:

This doesn't require a response really.

Think about what you just typed and maybe repost.

I am not seeking a response.

Will an engine start without being cranked?? Whether by a starter motor or by hand??

I was trying to be clear about what you are looking for....

EgunMogaji:
You have a basic internal combustion engine that powers a dynamo in this case but could be powering a water pump, grinding machine, etc
You don't want to always get up to turn it off.
How will you accomplish this and how much will the parts to do this cost in Nigeria?
A basic engine as used in small gen, etc
**Free phone recharge on any Nigerian provider to the first concise submission.
Oh, the usual suspects like Gazzuzz and co of course are exempt from participation but will help selecting the right answer.

Denn:

Step 1.
install a water level circuit breaker in the water tank. this device cuts off power once a certain water level is reached.
step 2.
run the water level breaker switch into main ignition line
step 3. instal two wireless relay kits into the circuit that provides electric power to the starter and pump. the relay to the pump power supply is activated by one and the kick starter is activated by the press of the button on the other. the first must have a toggle switch that keeps power on while the relay to the kick starter must switch off once button is released.
step 4.
inspect all connections and ensure proper seals, wire gauges and connections are made/used.
step 5.
toggle on the power relay and press remote on kick starter relay. engine starts and powers the water pump. when filled, the water level circuit breaker cuts of power. if you want to stop the pump before tank is filled, simply toggle off power via the first remote.
step 6.
i use glo network and i appreciate recharge card instead of online airtime loading as i can get double bonus.
thank you

Re: Automotive Assignment by Nobody: 8:31pm On Aug 08, 2016
LeJeun3:

I am not seeking a response.

Will an engine start without being cranked?? Whether by a starter motor or by hand??

I was trying to be clear about what you are looking for....

Are you suggesting that an engine be stopped by negating the combustion chamber pressure instead of simply removing spark from the equation?

A running simple engine needs to be stopped without the owner schlepping to the engine.
Re: Automotive Assignment by sultaan(m): 8:45pm On Aug 08, 2016
Since I don't know as much as a lot of users here just have a question based on my phy101 which I barely passed anyway.

If you are rewiring your ignition system to your house to a switch you will need about 50ft of wiring minimum.
Knowing that length of wire might affect the resistance how will it affect restarting the generator?

There is a reason you use a specific length of wire in a spark plug wire set and you are told not to mix them up.
Re: Automotive Assignment by Nobody: 9:52pm On Aug 08, 2016
What part of this involves rewiring ignition system? And what part of this involves the spark plug? What part of this involves restarting a generator?

You can extend a "switch" 400 feet without any loss.

Some of you guys just type for typing sakes.
Re: Automotive Assignment by honmusa(m): 9:52am On Aug 09, 2016
EgunMogaji:

That's the difference between the two of us.

While you still have to reference stuff, I've been doing this.

You can admit that you don't know how to shut down a simple internal combustion engine.

Note: You can continue to make up alarming theories and claim that it's what I'm proposing. Intelligent members can read and validate themselves if that's what I wrote.
Is not your so-called proposed solution
1) mount a switch indoors with a wire back to the gen that
grounds the spark plug to the engine block.

Is the spark plug not part of the secondary side of the ignition system you want to insert a kill switch between it and ground .
With this your Kazeem design ,this is a fire disaster and electrocution in-waiting .
It will be a safer approach if you work from the primary side of the ignition and leave the secondary side alone.
Using of mechanical switch even too crude ,why don't you make use a electronic control pulse signal to the primary ignition system for the using ,very easy and simple to build .
Re: Automotive Assignment by Nobody: 10:21am On Aug 09, 2016
honmusa:

Is not your so-called proposed solution
1) mount a switch indoors with a wire back to the gen that
grounds the spark plug to the engine block.

Is the spark plug not part of the secondary side of the ignition system you want to insert a kill switch between it and ground .
With this your Kazeem design ,this is a fire disaster and electrocution in-waiting .
It will be a safer approach if you work from the primary side of the ignition and leave the secondary side alone.
More so ,you can only shut down the system and you cannot start it as you are working only from the ignition side ,you will need a starting system that can build up a compression to start this system .
Let me give you an assignment ,try to google the difference between a starting system and ignition system .

A battalion of you are not worthy of assigning work to me.

Regardless of the inane attempt, astute members of the busted can read what I wrote and see that it has nothing to do with grounding a spark plug.

I understand that you're probably a generation of folks weaned off of google, but try to practicalise the shyte that you harvest off there.

Go back and read my solutions again of you can continue to cuddle your ineffective attempt to make comedy.
Re: Automotive Assignment by honmusa(m): 10:38am On Aug 09, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Regardless of the inane attempt, astute members of the busted can read what I wrote and see that it has nothing to do with grounding a spark plug.

I understand that you're probably a generation of folks weaned off of google, but try to practicalise the shyte that you harvest off there.

Go back and read my solutions again of you can continue to cuddle your ineffective attempt to make comedy.
Lol
Re: Automotive Assignment by honmusa(m): 10:42am On Aug 09, 2016
EgunMogaji:

In clear language. How do u want to use the spark plug to stop the your engine ? I want to understand this clearly !!!!(we can debate intellectually without using vulgar words)
Re: Automotive Assignment by Nobody: 10:53am On Aug 09, 2016
honmusa:

In clear language. How do u want to use the spark plug to stop the your engine ? I really want to learn from you !!!!

How do you stop your generator now?

You walk up to it and either press a button or turn a key. Right?

Then simply extend that switch or key or create a secondary switch or key.

I was looking for someone to show this very basic premise.

PS: I'll use any language I wish as long as it's not violating the TOS of the site.
Re: Automotive Assignment by honmusa(m): 10:58am On Aug 09, 2016
EgunMogaji:

How do you stop your generator now?

You walk up to it and either press a button or turn a key. Right?

Then simply extend that switch or key or create a secondary switch or key.

I was looking for someone to show this very basic premise.

PS: I'll use any language I wish as long as it's not violating the TOS of the site.
yes very basic and simple !!!
My issue is with the spark plug you mentioned earlier
Re: Automotive Assignment by Nobody: 10:58am On Aug 09, 2016
honmusa:

Lol grin grin.Seem you don't even understand what the theory behind your solution you that you started earlier ,maybe you are doing copy and paste from yahoo car forum.I get your time today cheesy cheesy

So it's not Google anymore, now it's Yahoo.

I've been working on cars well before there was the internet and most likely before you were born.

I have your time too. I only ask for intelligent responses and not misquotes.

Let's get rolling and please stop wearing your emotions on your sleeves already, will you.
Re: Automotive Assignment by honmusa(m): 11:00am On Aug 09, 2016
EgunMogaji:

So it's not Google anymore, now it's Yahoo.

I've been working on cars well before there was the internet and most likely before you were born.

I have your time too. I only ask for intelligent responses and not misquotes.

Let's get rolling and please stop wearing your emotions on your sleeves already, will you.
Baba 70 ,twaleeeee sir !!!!!

1 Like

Re: Automotive Assignment by LeJeun3: 11:01am On Aug 09, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Are you suggesting that an engine be stopped by negating the combustion chamber pressure instead of simply removing spark from the equation?

A running simple engine needs to be stopped without the owner schlepping to the engine.

Not at all. Getting the engine to stop is easy, starting it is really where the headache is....

Re: Automotive Assignment by Nobody: 11:04am On Aug 09, 2016
honmusa:

yes very basic and simple !!!
My issue is with the spark plug you mentioned earlier

Will that also not stop the engine? But that was not the solution. It was to demonstrate that an engine needs three things to run.

One of them is ignition/spark. To remove the spark doesn't mean that you fiddle with the energized voltage side. The spark comes from the coil which gets switched power from the battery. Simply splice into the negative line and bobs your uncle.
Re: Automotive Assignment by Nobody: 11:05am On Aug 09, 2016
LeJeun3:

Not at all. Getting the engine to stop is easy, starting it is really where the headache is....

Right. But for this exercise we just want to stop the engine remotely because the client doesn't want to go outside to do it.
Re: Automotive Assignment by Nobody: 11:07am On Aug 09, 2016
honmusa:

Baba 70 ,twaleeeee sir !!!!!

That was Siena before you chaps ran him off angry
Re: Automotive Assignment by LeJeun3: 11:11am On Aug 09, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Right. But for this exercise we just want to stop the engine remotely because the client doesn't want to go outside to do it.

Oh Geez.... I was concerned that the client wanted it to both start and stop remotely.

Simply extending the existing switch on the generator will do the trick.

Re: Automotive Assignment by honmusa(m): 11:12am On Aug 09, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Will that also not stop the engine? But that was not the solution. It was to demonstrate that an engine needs three things to run.

One of them is ignition/spark. To remove the spark doesn't mean that you fiddle with the energized voltage side. The spark comes from the coil which gets switched power from the battery. Simply splice into the negative line and bobs your uncle.
This my own observation about using the igntion/spark side.If the negative line(ground ) is removed to shut the spark from going through in a bid to stop the engine ,the suspended high voltage on the spark plug might destroy the ignition coil ,especially the fragile coils .
Using a pulse electronic control signal from the starting system will just be ok
Re: Automotive Assignment by Nobody: 11:33am On Aug 09, 2016
honmusa:

This my own observation about using the igntion/spark side.If the negative line(ground ) is removed to shut the spark from going through in a bid to stop the engine ,the suspended high voltage on the spark plug might destroy the ignition coil ,especially the fragile coils .
Using a pulse electronic control signal from the starting system will just be ok

Here we go again with overcomplication.

There's nothing fragile about a coil. It does this stop ang go electricity thing each time the engine starts.

We're talking about a small I better pass my neighbor gen and you're talking about "a pulse electronic control signal".

Why we no kuku invite NASA engineer come grin
Re: Automotive Assignment by DECOtech(m): 12:12am On Aug 10, 2016
EgunMogaji:
You have a basic internal combustion engine that powers a dynamo in this case but could be powering a water pump, grinding machine, etc

You don't want to always get up to turn it off.

How will you accomplish this and how much will the parts to do this cost in Nigeria?

A basic engine as used in small gen, etc

**Free phone recharge on any Nigerian provider to the first concise submission.

Oh, the usual suspects like Gazzuzz and co of course are exempt from participation but will help selecting the right answer.

If its a small gen set, just switch on ur 2hp ac or fridge. simple.

...lol

1 Like

Re: Automotive Assignment by Nobody: 2:34am On Aug 10, 2016
DECOtech:

...lol

grin

No extra wiring, no extra switch cheesy
Re: Automotive Assignment by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:10am On Aug 10, 2016
DECOtech:

...lol

I think we have a winner.... grin grin grin grin
Re: Automotive Assignment by cardoctor(m): 6:45am On Aug 10, 2016
Whats all this frail attempt to reinvent the wheel here? There's nothing rocket science or intellectual about this thread. Please keep your phantom recharge card for better courses.
Re: Automotive Assignment by Nobody: 7:02am On Aug 10, 2016
cardoctor:
Whats all this frail attempt to reinvent the wheel here? There's nothing rocket science or intellectual about this thread. Please keep your phantom recharge card for better courses.

Yaaawwwnnnnn.....

You don't count. Go crawl under a Micra.

1 Like

Re: Automotive Assignment by Nobody: 7:05am On Aug 10, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

I think we have a winner.... grin grin grin grin

It's the funniest shyte I've read on here grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pls Advice EOD (03/04 Honda) And Corolla (05/06 Model) Which Is Better / Check This Car Out!!!!! / 2016 Land Rover Range Rover SV Autobiography Spotted In Lagos

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.