Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,555 members, 7,837,131 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

I Annulled June 12 Election – Ex-chief Judge - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Annulled June 12 Election – Ex-chief Judge (719 Views)

Anenih Opens Up On Abiola’s Annulled June 12 Mandate / Dahiru Saleh: "I Annulled June 12 Election, Not IBB" / 12 Personalities Who Played Key Roles In June 12 Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Annulled June 12 Election – Ex-chief Judge by lamzybaby: 8:29am On Aug 05, 2016
Retired Justice Dahiru Saleh, the former Chief Judge of the Federal High Court who pronounced the annulment of the June 12, 1993, presidential election, has absolved former military ruler, Ibrahim Babangida (IBB) of blame in the controversial decision.

Speaking to The Interview magazine, Saleh declared that IBB did not direct him to annul the election but it was his own decision, adding that he had no regrets cancelling the election and would repeat the judgement were it brought to him again.

“The former president did nothing of the sort,” Saleh declared, when asked if IBB forced the judgement on him.

“There were so many cases and I cannot remember all the cases off-hand. There was the case against MKO Abiola and it was before one of my judges; she was Igbo but I can’t remember her name. She started the case, then fell sick and was flown out of the country for treatment.

Read More: http://nigerianpilot.com/annulled-june-12-election-ex-chief-judge/

Re: I Annulled June 12 Election – Ex-chief Judge by royallord1(m): 8:30am On Aug 05, 2016
cheesy
Re: I Annulled June 12 Election – Ex-chief Judge by TheTrueSeeker: 8:33am On Aug 05, 2016
Re: I Annulled June 12 Election – Ex-chief Judge by Nobody: 8:33am On Aug 05, 2016
Lalasticlala ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shocked shocked shocked shocked
Day don break for June 12 oh grin

"...adding that he had no regrets cancelling the election and would repeat the judgement were it brought to him again". Buhari sef embarassed

Re: I Annulled June 12 Election – Ex-chief Judge by Blackfire(m): 9:41am On Aug 05, 2016
IBB betrayed MKO ABIOLA who betrayed someone...
Is a vicious cycle.
Re: I Annulled June 12 Election – Ex-chief Judge by CHIJIOKE1314: 12:16pm On Aug 05, 2016
Keneking:
Lalasticlala ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shocked shocked shocked shocked
Day don break for June 12 oh grin

"...adding that he had no regrets cancelling the election and would repeat the judgement were it brought to him again". Buhari sef embarassed

Wetin we no go see for this country sef..
This man don retire but, instead if him to go sidon rest him go dey run his mouth like parrot as if him get himself during a dictative regime.. .Yoloba peeps go soon gun him assX down...

(1) (Reply)

Renouncing Buharism By Deji Yesufu / Buhari Deceives Nigerians, Report Shows Arms Panel Probed Dambazau’s Tenure / All Oil Facilities Rigged With Explosives Awaiting Detonation – Urhobo Militant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.