Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,613 members, 7,781,953 topics. Date: Saturday, 30 March 2024 at 06:26 AM

A Question For Tithe Payers - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Question For Tithe Payers (1825 Views)

If A Thieve Steals The Money I Had Packaged For Tithe, Do I Still Pay Tithe From / Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers / A Question For Tithe Payers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Question For Tithe Payers by Nobody: 11:34am On Sep 22, 2009
I have asked this question on nothing less than 20 occassions without getting any answers ,so I now decided to create a seperate thread for it.

Pro-tithers tells us that tithe is still valid in christianity,assuming that assertion is true we are supposed to continue tithing as laid down in the bible.

The Bible did mention 2 types of tithes

1melchizedek tithe-paid once in a lifetime

2.levitical tithe-paid once in thtree years.(deut 14;28,26:12)

What I want to find out is where the daily,weekly and mothly tithing practised today came from,I have searched thru my bible and can't seem to find a single verse to justify this practice ,so i want tithers to justify this practise
Re: A Question For Tithe Payers by Gentleme1: 12:06pm On Sep 22, 2009
what does a CATHOLIC wants to know about titheing and its modes, FATHER BAYODELE is waiting for you to come collect your afternoon MASS after you missed the MORNING ONE and went for PURIFICATION SERVICE grin grin grin
Re: A Question For Tithe Payers by KunleOshob(m): 12:19pm On Sep 22, 2009
@Chukwudi44
I am sure by now you know that you would never get any biblical response to that question apart from the flagriant twisting of scriptures being used by the crooks to delude their zombie flock that they come to spew out here despite the fact that it does not make any sense and is glaringly contradicting the scriptures in the bible. The only rational for mordern day tithes i can come up with in the bible is this warning by St Peter in 2 Peter 2:1-3:
1 But there were also false prophets in Israel, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will cleverly teach destructive heresies and even deny the Master who bought them. In this way, they will bring sudden destruction on themselves. 2 Many will follow their evil teaching and shameful immorality. And because of these teachers, the way of truth will be slandered. 3 In their greed they will make up clever lies to get hold of your money. But God condemned them long ago, and their destruction will not be delayed.

Certainly mordern day tithing as it is preached as opposed to biblical tithing is a very good example of clever lie being used to get hold of the money of the flock as we know that the obsolete biblical tithes was not money in the first instance and the apostles never preached or encouraged any form of titihng.
Re: A Question For Tithe Payers by KunleOshob(m): 12:26pm On Sep 22, 2009
Gentle me:

what does a CATHOLIC wants to know about titheing and its modes, FATHER BAYODELE is waiting for you to come collect your afternoon MASS after you missed the MORNING ONE and went for PURIFICATION SERVICE grin grin grin
For your fullest information the catholic church introduced tithing to christianity in the year 567AD after the council of Macon becos the church then was broke and they needed money, how ever the catholic church as since reneged on this policy of preaching tithes as compulsary for christians when they realised it was a fraud against christianity. I wonder how many pentecostal preaches would renege on preaching tithing when they learn it is unscriptural and a pure fraud against christianity.
Re: A Question For Tithe Payers by Nobody: 4:48pm On Sep 22, 2009

what does a CATHOLIC wants to know about titheing and its modes, FATHER BAYODELE is waiting for you to come collect your afternoon MASS after you missed the MORNING ONE and went for PURIFICATION SERVICE

I expected you to provide answers to my questions from the bible as a "bible beleiving "christian.

abi once it comes to money biblical directives can be ignored.

I still maintin that tithe is nilonger applicable under christianity ,but if anyone still wants to practise tithing ,it has to be as prescribed in the bible.
Re: A Question For Tithe Payers by Nobody: 6:59pm On Sep 23, 2009
So pro tither can nolonger defend their faith.They say once a lie is said several times it becomes true.This tithe heresy is the most successful heresy since the end of catharism.

It is really amazing how this heresy thrives in the midst of so much information and technology
Re: A Question For Tithe Payers by KunleOshob(m): 7:05pm On Sep 23, 2009
@Chukwudi44
I told you they won't be able to come up with any biblical response to justify their delusion. grin
Re: A Question For Tithe Payers by Nobody: 7:07pm On Sep 23, 2009
I wondr why "bible beleiving" christians can't defend their faith using the bible
Re: A Question For Tithe Payers by KunleOshob(m): 7:13pm On Sep 23, 2009
chukwudi44:

I wondr why "bible beleiving" christians can't defend their faith using the bible
Becos it is not the bible they believe in but the twisted interpretation they receive from their god of men.
Re: A Question For Tithe Payers by Nobody: 7:15pm On Sep 23, 2009
I use to think that "bible beleiving" christians don't practise what is not in the bible,abi once it comes to tithe ,the bible can be overlooked
Re: A Question For Tithe Payers by KunleOshob(m): 8:12pm On Sep 23, 2009
@chukwudi44
Tithing is not a christian doctrine, it is part of the evil marmon worship we were warned about in the bible hence you can never find any sound christian teaching on the heresy, only twisted doctrines and postulations as you have seen from the tithe preaching charlatans on this forum.
Re: A Question For Tithe Payers by blacksta(m): 9:08pm On Sep 23, 2009
Anti Tithers =  Money has stronghold on you

You cannot serve two masters.
Re: A Question For Tithe Payers by ttalks(m): 9:28pm On Sep 23, 2009
blacksta:

Anti Tithers = Money has stronghold on you

You cannot serve not two masters.

Poor interpretation/deduction.Sorry.
Re: A Question For Tithe Payers by blacksta(m): 9:38pm On Sep 23, 2009
ttalks:

Poor interpretation/deduction.Sorry.

Poor interpretation/deduction.

Sorry.
Re: A Question For Tithe Payers by huxley(m): 9:41pm On Sep 23, 2009
blacksta:

Poor interpretation/deduction.

Sorry.

I knew you were gonna put your tail between your legs and run away from your own question. C'mon, go deal with them!
Re: A Question For Tithe Payers by KunleOshob(m): 8:42am On Sep 24, 2009
blacksta:

Anti Tithers = Money has stronghold on you

You cannot serve two masters.
It is the tithe preachers that twist scriptures to justify collecting tithes that money as strong hold on and they are the ones into mammon worship.
Re: A Question For Tithe Payers by Zikkyy(m): 3:03pm On Sep 24, 2009
chukwudi44:

I have asked this question on nothing less than 20 occassions without getting any answers ,so I now decided to create a seperate thread for it.

Pro-tithers tells us that tithe is still valid in christianity,assuming that assertion is true we are supposed to continue tithing as laid down in the bible.

The Bible did mention 2 types of tithes

1melchizedek tithe-paid once in a lifetime

2.levitical tithe-paid once in thtree years.(deut 14;28,26:12)

I use to see tithing obligation as an annual event. Numbers Ch. 18; 21-32 appeared to be specific regarding title to the tithes which the Israelites gives as contribution to God (i.e. to the Levites only). Deut 14;28 requires the tithe to be shared with Levites, foreigners, orphans, widows e.t.c. I see the third year tithe as another form of tithe or as another way of paying the annual tithe. My perishable farm produce can rot if i have to wait three years to give it out.

Let me have a go at your question below (though am not one of the pro-tithers to which the question was directed):

chukwudi44:

What I want to find out is where the daily,weekly and mothly tithing practised today came from,I have searched thru my bible and can't seem to find a single verse to justify this practice ,so i want tithers to justify this practise

I guess its because the church bills/needs comes in more regularly. I dont think you want to a church to wait three years to settle its liabilities.  grin grin
Re: A Question For Tithe Payers by Nobody: 7:25pm On Sep 24, 2009
I guess its because the church bills/needs comes in more regularly. I dont think you want to a church to wait three years to settle its liabilities

you mean to tell me God didn't know about church liabilities when He made tithing once in 3 years. grin grin grin

Very soon this pastors will tell you chrch liabilities has increased and as a result tithe is now 20%,if they can increase the frequency without recourse to the bible why cant the do the same to the percentage.
Re: A Question For Tithe Payers by KunleOshob(m): 9:13am On Sep 25, 2009
chukwudi44:

you mean to tell me God didn't know about church liabilities when He made tithing once in 3 years. grin grin grin

Very soon this pastors will tell you chrch liabilities has increased and as a result tithe is now 20%,if they can increase the frequency without recourse to the bible why cant the do the same to the percentage.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: A Question For Tithe Payers by Nobody: 2:15pm On Sep 25, 2009
tithes wee meant to be shared between,levites,orphans and widows,these days widows and orphans are left out.

Why dont these churches start sharing tithes equally b/w pastors,widows and orphans,aterall they are also meant to partake of these tithes.

I also want to see our widows and orphans flying in private jets grin grin grin
Re: A Question For Tithe Payers by Zikkyy(m): 2:40pm On Sep 25, 2009
chukwudi44:

tithes wee meant to be shared between,levites,orphans and widows,these days widows and orphans are left out.

Why dont these churches start sharing tithes equally b/w pastors,widows and orphans,aterall they are also meant to partake of these tithes.

I dont think there is enough tithe collections to go round. Lets settle church liabilities first, surplus (if any) will be shared equally b/w widows & orphans, the modern day Levites (church workers) might even get to have a share. But if the congregation is willing to increase their tithe remittances by another 10% of their earnings, cheesy cheesy
Re: A Question For Tithe Payers by Nobody: 3:05pm On Sep 25, 2009
By the way I used to think that it is only people from the isreali tribe of levi that are levites

I never knew that our pastors valso descended from levite,maybe their fore fathers were isreali levites who migrated tio Nigeria grin grin grin
Re: A Question For Tithe Payers by otitokoro1: 3:22pm On Sep 25, 2009
God is the author of tithes, He commanded it to be given. God has not asked too much from us but because man are naturally greedy it become a heavy yoke. Many are not experiencing prosperity that God promise. A Christian who pays his tithes as commanded by God must not struggle to survive financially. Our God that I know, I mean Jehovah is not an author of confusion.
Devil is the author of confusion and he is so subtle that he never say God never say this or that; instead he add or subtract form what God says. That is why today in Christianity today, you cannot see a unify doctrine. Was this the thought of Jesus Christ? Our Lord Jesus Christ wants us to be one and this was how the early church started, they continue in fellowship. Churches may have different names and brands but I strongly object to any church operating outside the doctrine of God. What I am saying is that put a checklist of what God requires form His worshippers, if your church does and teaches contrary, your indicator must be showing a danger sign. No other view is superior to God’s view on any matter.
Re: A Question For Tithe Payers by KunleOshob(m): 7:14pm On Sep 25, 2009
@Otitokoro
What do you know abou tithes? is the tithing being practised today the same as the biblical tithes or a twisted version
Re: A Question For Tithe Payers by temodent(m): 5:08am On Sep 26, 2009
Quite an interesting discussion thread here. I want you to understand that over the years most xtians no matter te level of education had been made to bahave like a zoombie. Whatever their pastor tells them is the law, and they are often afraid of confronting the establishment, otherwise the issue of tithing should been long resolved. Besides are Pastors are also quick to invoke the major scripture on tithing in Malachi which comes with a curse on te people to scare peope into obedience and who wants to be accursed, so people literarily obeyed and sometimes when faced with difficulties of life they are acussed of bringing it on themselve for lack of tithing. So much said already for a more enlightened and incicive knowedge on tithing and other issues please visit. www.bibletruths.com.
Thank you.
Re: A Question For Tithe Payers by Nobody: 3:22pm On Sep 27, 2009
Insert Quote
God is the author of tithes, He commanded it to be given. God has not asked too much from us but because man are naturally greedy it become a heavy yoke. Many are not experiencing prosperity that God promise. A Christian who pays his tithes as commanded by God must not struggle to survive financially. Our God that I know, I mean Jehovah is not an author of confusion.
Devil is the author of confusion and he is so subtle that he never say God never say this or that; instead he add or subtract form what God says. That is why today in Christianity today, you cannot see a unify doctrine. Was this the thought of Jesus Christ? Our Lord Jesus Christ wants us to be one and this was how the early church started, they continue in fellowship. Churches may have different names and brands but I strongly object to any church operating outside the doctrine of God. What I am saying is that put a checklist of what God requires form His worshippers, if your church does and teaches contrary, your indicator must be showing a danger sign. No other view is superior to God’s view

please do you mind telling me where God asked[b] christians [/b] to pay tithes and where He commanded it to be done daily,weekly or monthly
Re: A Question For Tithe Payers by Zikkyy(m): 4:20pm On Sep 27, 2009
chukwudi44:

please do you mind telling me where God asked[b] christians [/b] to pay tithes and where He commanded it to be done daily,weekly or monthly

Its time you realise we have Jews as christians. Dont be surprise when we start sacrificing cash on the altar. anything to bring the cash into the house of God.
Re: A Question For Tithe Payers by Nobody: 4:33pm On Sep 27, 2009
Its time you realise we have Jews as christians. Dont be surprise when we start sacrificing cash on the altar. anything to bring the cash into the house of God.

Dont mind these criminals I wonder why we can't offer cash as burnt offring today,maybe because they cash will go straight to God rather than thru the pastor to god

1 Like

Re: A Question For Tithe Payers by otitokoro1: 1:54pm On Sep 28, 2009
please do you mind telling me where God asked christians to pay tithes and where He commanded it to be done daily,weekly or monthly
Are christians different from Abraham children? Please go check the geneology of Jesus christ.
Re: A Question For Tithe Payers by Nobody: 2:35pm On Sep 29, 2009
otitokoro1:

Are christians different from Abraham children? Please go check the geneology of Jesus christ.

You mean to tell me that u don't understand thedifference between christianity and judaism ?

why on earth do you think the bible is divided into two testaments ?

was tithing the only requirement in the OT ,why don't you continue practising the other unlucrative potions of the OT .

Back to tithng ,assuming it is still valid ,how come the frequency was increased,who authorised that increase and where is it in the bible
Re: A Question For Tithe Payers by KunleOshob(m): 3:34pm On Sep 29, 2009
@otitokoro
You obviously can't accept the bitter truth that tithing as no basis in true christianity. Why do you people keep twisting scriptures to justify this racket? Even sef is there any similarity btw abraham's one off tithes and the scam being preached today?

1 Like

Re: A Question For Tithe Payers by Abuzola(m): 3:36pm On Sep 29, 2009
[b]Quran 004.163 We have sent thee (O muhammad) inspiration, as We sent it to Noah and the Messengers after him: We sent inspiration to Abraham, Isma'il, Isaac, Jacob and the Tribes, to Jesus, Job, Jonah, Aaron, and Solomon, and to David We gave the Psalms.

004.164 Of some Messengers We have already told thee the story; of others we have not-- and to Moses God spoke direct--

004.165 Messengers who gave good news as well as warning, that mankind, after (the coming) of the Messengers, should have no plea against God: For God is Exalted in Power, Wise.

004.166 But God beareth witness that what He hath sent unto thee He hath sent from His (own) knowledge, and the angels bear witness: But enough is God for a witness.

004.167 Those who reject Faith and keep off (men) from the way of God, have verily strayed far, far away from the Path.

004.168 Those who reject Faith and do wrong,- God will not forgive them nor guide them to any way-

004.169 Except the way of Hell, to dwell therein forever. And this to God is easy.

004.170 O mankind! The Messenger hath come to you in truth from God: believe in him: It is best for you. But if ye reject Faith, to God belong all things in the heavens and on earth: And God is All-Knowing, All-wise.

004.171 O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: Nor say of God aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) a Messenger of God, and His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a Spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in God and His Messengers. Say not "Trinity" : desist: it will be better for you: for God is One God: Glory be to Him: (far exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is God as a Disposer of affairs.

004.172 Christ disdaineth nor to serve and worship God, nor do the angels, those nearest (to God): those who disdain His worship and are arrogant-- He will gather them all together unto Himself to (answer). [/b]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abiogenesis / Funny Tombstones / Difference Between Holy Spirit & Holy Ghost

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.