Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,981 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Oshiomole Blames PDP For Naira Fall - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomole Blames PDP For Naira Fall (895 Views)

Yusuf Buhari's Accident: Facebook User Blames PDP / Alao Akala, Funke Adesiyan, Teslim Folarin, Others Dump PDP For APC (Photos) / Why I Dumped PDP For APC – Sullivan Chime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oshiomole Blames PDP For Naira Fall by ahaika23: 9:11am On Aug 05, 2016
February 1, 2015 • By niyi
ShareTweetPinMail
naira and dollar

http://www.informationng.com/2015/02/oshiomole-blames-pdp-for-falling-naira.html

Edo State Governor, Adams Oshiomhole says the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) will run the Nigerian economy aground if it remains in power beyond 2015, as it blamed the party for ‘killing the nation’s currency.

Speaking at two separate rallies of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Agbede, Etsako West Local Government Area and at Udaba, Etsako Central Local Government Area of the state on Saturday, Oshiomhole said the PDP has left the economy worse than they met it in 1999.

“When the PDP took over power in 1999, the naira was better than it is today. Now they have killed the naira. Today, a dollar is equivalent to 210 naira, that means cost of products, especially imported products have all gone up and all the basic things needed by the poor have all gone up as a result of the devaluation of the naira,” the governor said.

According to him, the PDP was fond of making empty promises to Nigerians. “The PDP is full of promises. They keep telling you we will do this, we will do that, whereas APC believes in eye-mark. We show you what we have done and what we intend to do more.”

“We are victims of 16 years of darkness imposed on our country by a party that is led by rogues. According to their National Chairman, theirs is a party that doesn’t have justice, that doesn’t have fairness even to its own members. Theirs is party that is based on the principles of slaves working for the benefit of a few privileged masters. That is what their Chairman said.
Re: Oshiomole Blames PDP For Naira Fall by malele(m): 9:13am On Aug 05, 2016
Useless governor, ur mumu president wife de wear bag of 45milion naira, how did she get the money?
Re: Oshiomole Blames PDP For Naira Fall by Nobody: 9:16am On Aug 05, 2016
(According to him, the PDP was fond of making empty promises to Nigerians. “The PDP is full of promises. They keep telling you we will do this, we will do that, whereas APC believes in eye-mark. We show you what we have done and what we intend to do more.”)

Useless comments. His APC is also guilty of such incompetence, in fact, worse embarassed

4 Likes

Re: Oshiomole Blames PDP For Naira Fall by johnbuck81(m): 9:23am On Aug 05, 2016
somebody will start smashing ur woman n u will still blame it on PDP/JONATHAN.

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomole Blames PDP For Naira Fall by Singingbae(m): 9:24am On Aug 05, 2016
Re: Oshiomole Blames PDP For Naira Fall by ahaika23: 9:25am On Aug 05, 2016
Jonathan was president for well over 5 years and naira drop by 60 points from 150 to 210.

Buhari is president for just 1 year and naira has dropped by 200 points.

Buhari is a genius and at this rate, I'm afraid what the next 3 years hold.

3 Likes

Re: Oshiomole Blames PDP For Naira Fall by kolaniran: 9:25am On Aug 05, 2016
d most useless governor in d history of Edo state. osho we are not buying into ur third term agenda. go we need fresh air in Edo state.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomole Blames PDP For Naira Fall by 989900E: 9:27am On Aug 05, 2016
2015 article.
Re: Oshiomole Blames PDP For Naira Fall by Nobody: 9:41am On Aug 05, 2016
I wonder when governors and APC party will stop blaming opposition party for Nigeria downfall and face the job at hand...always raise abuse finger and never find solution but the country keep drowning day by day...
Re: Oshiomole Blames PDP For Naira Fall by ahaika23: 9:50am On Aug 05, 2016
989900E:
2015 article.
yea. We were hoping that by now dollar and naira will be equal and Oshio in his arrogance attacked a far better administration. Look at where we are now
Re: Oshiomole Blames PDP For Naira Fall by CHANNELStv2020: 10:10am On Aug 05, 2016
2years and blaming is still going on?? GOD SAVE US.
Re: Oshiomole Blames PDP For Naira Fall by kingsman66(m): 10:50am On Aug 05, 2016
Make una see me see wahalaoooo, I went for the burial of a friend's grand dad somewhere and in that village, when someone dies, an elderly man will come up and tell whose next to die. So this man came along and said that the next person whose is going to die is the one who decides to leave the burial ground first. Friends since yesterday, I still dey there ooh, nobody wan go 1st, everybody just lie down. Even the old man at age 112 years is lying down beside me & is asking me if my people never start to look for me? As am talking to u now, am still lying down What should I do next?
Re: Oshiomole Blames PDP For Naira Fall by Nobody: 11:19am On Aug 05, 2016
I spent some of my quality time, during the gubernatorial election campaign speech, days ago, just to see what his party flag bearer has to offer, instead, Oshiomole was busy, blaming PDP for all his ordeal, still went ahead to heap accusations on the PDP candidate.

You can't win cheap votes, by painting some1 black, the people are no longer blind.
Re: Oshiomole Blames PDP For Naira Fall by MadeInTokyo: 11:29am On Aug 05, 2016
grin grin grin

Re: Oshiomole Blames PDP For Naira Fall by Nobody: 11:32am On Aug 05, 2016
Its God in heaven that would punish this useless bastard oshomole that has completly taking nigerians as fools.
Re: Oshiomole Blames PDP For Naira Fall by Feraz(m): 12:30pm On Aug 05, 2016
Keneking:
(According to him, the PDP was fond of making empty promises to Nigerians. “The PDP is full of promises. They keep telling you we will do this, we will do that, whereas APC believes in eye-mark. We show you what we have done and what we intend to do more.”)

Useless comments. His APC is also guilty of such incompetence, in fact, worse embarassed
Is it just me that is seeing this? Is this really Keneking? shocked

O boy! your tone don change oh! grin grin

No more 'Jonathan sef'!!! grin grin grin

If Keneking, a staunch supporter is complaining, then, things are really really bad!
Re: Oshiomole Blames PDP For Naira Fall by kherington: 1:50pm On Aug 05, 2016
diarrhoea governor elections has ended apc has been in power for more than a year focus on edo by the way I approve this post

(1) (Reply)

AWKA: THE SEAT OF POLITICS, TOURISM,FOUNDRY & METAL TECHNOLOGY!!! / Shocking Images Of Children Displaced Around The World / JUST IN: Man Drinks Insecticide Over Alleged Crash Of MMM In Otukpo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.