Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

A Short Prose Illustrating Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Short Prose Illustrating Religion (766 Views)

Poverty In Nigeria Is Caused By Religion / Illustrating The Divine Trinity With The Human Head / Is Atheism A Religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Short Prose Illustrating Religion by Nobody: 11:01am On Aug 05, 2016
Idea stolen from hopefullandlord grin
Also, I give tutorials in school and like making analogies when I teach so this is fun for me.
If you've noticed I make analogies a LOT. Lol
Not my best work grin but whatever
Rick, Perry, Evan, Chris, and Jamal, are sent to school by their parents. Their parents sent them to school, but they don't know why. . . All they know is that that morning, their parents drove them to school and dropped them off. The principal welcomes them, and tells them to enter Room 3E. After waiting for an hour, nobody comes to their class. undecided The five boys then look around the Room, playing with different objects, and trying to guess what they're supposed to do. Then Rick's older brother comes into the room, whispers something in Rick's ear, and leaves. "Hey guys, my brother said we're in school to learn how to read!", says Rick. The others aren't so sure about that, but they pick up books lying around (which they don't even understand) and try to read. Jamal didn't even hear him. He was busy playing with some toys at the other end of the room. Perry's brother comes in and whispers in Perry's ear, and leaves too. " Rick, you're wrong! We're in school to learn how to write! My brother told me so.", says Perry. Now they're confused. 'Who are we supposed to listen to? There are books in the room, for us to read, but there are also sheets of paper, and pens, for us to write. Who should we listen to? They start to argue, and fight, and present reasons why they should read/write. The same thing happens when Jamal, Evan, and Chris' brothers come in, each telling them different things to do. Two hours later, each of them have decided they'll listen to their own brother. Their brother has to be right.
Later the teacher finally comes in, and gives the boy doing the right thing a pat on the back. And maybe a candy bar. And throws the rest of the children in a bubbling pot of hot oil.
NOTE: The teacher was watching them from a hidden camera the whole time

2 Likes

Re: A Short Prose Illustrating Religion by wahles(m): 12:24pm On Aug 05, 2016
grin

1 Like

Re: A Short Prose Illustrating Religion by hopefulLandlord: 12:39pm On Aug 05, 2016
Hahahahahahahahaha

1 Like

Re: A Short Prose Illustrating Religion by Ramon92: 12:42pm On Aug 05, 2016
grin grin

1 Like

Re: A Short Prose Illustrating Religion by Nobody: 1:09pm On Aug 05, 2016
hopefulLandlord:
Hahahahahahahahaha
Senpai read my story cheesy haha, I got the idea from one of your posts yesterday
Re: A Short Prose Illustrating Religion by hopefulLandlord: 1:23pm On Aug 05, 2016
AnonyNymous:

Senpai read my story cheesy haha, I got the idea from one of your posts yesterday
Thumbs up bro
Re: A Short Prose Illustrating Religion by dorox(m): 1:26pm On Aug 05, 2016
The school ought to be closed down for its gross incompetence and neglect of children, and the teacher sent to jail for cruelty to children.

1 Like

Re: A Short Prose Illustrating Religion by Nobody: 1:27pm On Aug 05, 2016
dorox:
The school ought to be closed down for its gross incompetence and neglect of children, and the teacher sent to jail for cruelty to children.
Who will send Yahweh to jail undecided

2 Likes

Re: A Short Prose Illustrating Religion by dorox(m): 1:36pm On Aug 05, 2016
AnonyNymous:

Who will send Yahweh to jail undecided

Just saying that if you really think about it, you will see that your analogy makes Yahweh to be an evil cruel pervert that no sane parent will entrust with their child.
In a civilised society the teacher will be in prison for a really long time.

1 Like

Re: A Short Prose Illustrating Religion by Nobody: 2:08pm On Aug 05, 2016
dorox:

Just saying that if you really think about it, you will see that your analogy makes Yahweh to be an evil cruel pervert that no sane parent will entrust with their child.
In a civilised society the teacher will be in prison for a really long time.
The hit pot of oil is hell fire. And the pat on the back and candy bar is heaven. Whichever heaven is right. I'm surprised you didn't understand the analogy. I thought it was simple enough.

1 Like

Re: A Short Prose Illustrating Religion by dorox(m): 2:17pm On Aug 05, 2016
AnonyNymous:

The hit pot of oil is hell fire. And the pat on the back and candy bar is heaven. Whichever heaven is right. I'm surprised you didn't understand the analogy. I thought it was simple enough.

So how is this your notion of God moral?
Just like the teacher in your analogy was evil and cruel in his actions towards the children, so too is your notion of God evil and cruel.
Why will a God of love an justice torment people in fire for eternity when their sins was for less than 100 years?
Re: A Short Prose Illustrating Religion by Nobody: 2:28pm On Aug 05, 2016
dorox:

So how is this your notion of God moral?
Just like the teacher in your analogy was evil and cruel in his actions towards the children so too is your notion of God evil and cruel.
Why will a God of love an justice torment people in fire for eternity when their sins was for less than 100 years?
I'm not sure you even noticed that this was more of a parody. Obviously the god that religious people worship is not moral and I put it in other words to show how ridiculous it looks from another persepctive

1 Like

Re: A Short Prose Illustrating Religion by hopefulLandlord: 2:32pm On Aug 05, 2016
AnonyNymous:

I'm not sure you even noticed that this was more of a parody. Obviously the god that religious people worship is not moral and I put it in other words to show how ridiculous it looks from another persepctive
The message flew over his head

2 Likes

Re: A Short Prose Illustrating Religion by dorox(m): 2:33pm On Aug 05, 2016
AnonyNymous:

My apologies, but in defence I have seen worse from people who were serious about their belief.
Re: A Short Prose Illustrating Religion by Nobody: 2:33pm On Aug 05, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

The message flew over his head
As in. . . . I don't even understand how he's reasoning lol

(1) (Reply)

Debunking The Misconceptions Of Evolution: For Christians And Muslims / Christ Embassy pastor Commits Suicide After Sending Photo Of His Pen*s To Church / Eight Things To Consider When Choosing A "Beloved".

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.