Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,355 members, 7,815,755 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

06:22 :- Daily Travel Diary Of A Kent To London NL Commuter - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 06:22 :- Daily Travel Diary Of A Kent To London NL Commuter (5229 Views)

7:06: The City Meeting - A Short Story / Burial Rites By Hannah Kent / Write a Poem For St. Valentine and win free tickets to London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 06:22 :- Daily Travel Diary Of A Kent To London NL Commuter by Shola2009(m): 10:00am On Oct 01, 2009
i think you should give that Deola girl what she wants,cause afterall what miss S don't know,won't hurt her!
Re: 06:22 :- Daily Travel Diary Of A Kent To London NL Commuter by KennyG6(m): 10:18am On Oct 01, 2009
Shola2009:

i think you should give that Deola girl what she wants,cause afterall what miss S don't know,won't hurt her!
lol
haba shola, u wan pour sand sand 4 my garri?
Re: 06:22 :- Daily Travel Diary Of A Kent To London NL Commuter by Shola2009(m): 11:29am On Oct 01, 2009
Bigman! forget ooo! if plenty sugar dey your garri,it will still taste the same, grin you jus gotta do it right!
Re: 06:22 :- Daily Travel Diary Of A Kent To London NL Commuter by jaybee3(m): 11:33am On Oct 01, 2009
Shola2009:

Bigman! forget ooo! if plenty sugar dey your garri,it will still taste the same, grin you jus gotta do it right!
and the aftermath of dat? deadly diabetes grin grin
just do mini mini mani mo bro grin grin
Re: 06:22 :- Daily Travel Diary Of A Kent To London NL Commuter by Shola2009(m): 11:50am On Oct 01, 2009
and the aftermath of dat? deadly diabetes
lol, cheesy grin thats a rib cracker!
Re: 06:22 :- Daily Travel Diary Of A Kent To London NL Commuter by tboy1(m): 12:50pm On Oct 01, 2009
I need a[b] Miss S [/b]on my Train  cool
Re: 06:22 :- Daily Travel Diary Of A Kent To London NL Commuter by tubabie(f): 1:25pm On Oct 01, 2009
Wow Kenny G how come your days on the train are always this eventful?

I need one too grin
Re: 06:22 :- Daily Travel Diary Of A Kent To London NL Commuter by jaybee3(m): 1:28pm On Oct 01, 2009
tboy1:

Mehnn i need a[b] Miss S [/b]on my Train cool
u shud av enuff alphabets for all the miss's down the south coast bro
Re: 06:22 :- Daily Travel Diary Of A Kent To London NL Commuter by tboy1(m): 1:33pm On Oct 01, 2009
jay bee:

u shud av enuff alphabets for all the miss's down the south coast bro
grin grin grin
No alphabets bro, i dont even look at no one on the train - might have to start looking from today cool

P.S:
I've been back in london for almost two yrs now just not bothered to change my location
Re: 06:22 :- Daily Travel Diary Of A Kent To London NL Commuter by jaybee3(m): 1:34pm On Oct 01, 2009
u still in east?
Re: 06:22 :- Daily Travel Diary Of A Kent To London NL Commuter by tboy1(m): 1:39pm On Oct 01, 2009
Yep moved to docklands when i gt back to london
More [b]miss s [/b]around that side cool
Re: 06:22 :- Daily Travel Diary Of A Kent To London NL Commuter by KennyG6(m): 1:50pm On Oct 01, 2009
tboy1:

Yep moved to docklands when i gt back to london
More [b]miss s [/b]around that side cool
the babes in docklands are more miss Essex than Miss S, worked there 4 a year, and most of the gals came from essex,
Re: 06:22 :- Daily Travel Diary Of A Kent To London NL Commuter by tboy1(m): 2:03pm On Oct 01, 2009
Kenny_G:

the babes in docklands are more miss Essex than Miss S, worked there 4 a year, and most of the gals came from essex,
Miss Essex = Miss S
All the same cool
Re: 06:22 :- Daily Travel Diary Of A Kent To London NL Commuter by jaybee3(m): 2:03pm On Oct 01, 2009
Kenny_G:

hahahahah i c, miss strood  cool
Re: 06:22 :- Daily Travel Diary Of A Kent To London NL Commuter by tboy1(m): 2:05pm On Oct 01, 2009
jay bee:

hahahahah i c, miss strood  cool

ohhh now i get grin grin grin grin
Re: 06:22 :- Daily Travel Diary Of A Kent To London NL Commuter by KennyG6(m): 2:05pm On Oct 01, 2009
lol
Re: 06:22 :- Daily Travel Diary Of A Kent To London NL Commuter by Allta(m): 12:17pm On Oct 02, 2009
@ Kenny_G
The post for today is late oh! wonder how that launch go yesterday, perhaps you even had a late night somewhere and had to claim today off-sick, nothing do you bro, God dey yah back!!
Re: 06:22 :- Daily Travel Diary Of A Kent To London NL Commuter by tboy1(m): 12:20pm On Oct 02, 2009
^^ LOL grin grin grin
Everyone is waiting for the gist
Re: 06:22 :- Daily Travel Diary Of A Kent To London NL Commuter by Allta(m): 1:42pm On Oct 02, 2009
Yes o! It's a pity there is only one train where I live, such stories doesn't emancipate from hia
Re: 06:22 :- Daily Travel Diary Of A Kent To London NL Commuter by KennyG6(m): 10:18am On Oct 05, 2009
Day 5
05:16: I have been up all night with a cold, and have decided to phone in sick as I have hardly slept all night.
Earlier in the day, I had met up with Miss S for lunch at Pizza Hut along the Strand; and must admit I was surprised at her level of maturity in light of ‘Deola’s shenanigans. I went at lengths to reassure her that myself and ‘Deola had ceased to be an item since last year and that the mini-drama earlier today was her attempt to get back.
She accepted my explanation however noting that if there was to be any sign that we are still an item she would not take it lightly.
The pasta with cheese sauce I had went down so well after that and even managed to get a reconciliatory kiss as we both left the eatery; we decided to have dinner on Friday and then go clubbing.

06:22 to 06:51: Nothing to report as I was holed up in my bedroom with a bad cold….ya life sucks …

[center]Week 3 Day 1[/center]
[left]Weekend Précis :[/left]
Having been knocked down by a cold on Friday, I was unable to meet up with Miss S on Friday as arranged; she phoned several times during the day to ask after my well-being and stopped over at my place on her way back from work. Somehow, that didn’t go down too well especially when her attempt to make me some chicken soup turned disaster; for all her beauty and hospitality, Miss S is a self-confessed failure at anything culinary.
As her parents were due to arrive in London for the Chelsea-Liverpool game on Sunday, she suggested that we return our tickets for the game and watch the game on TV at mine since I wasn’t feeling great.
Saturday the 3rd of October 2009, became a day I would never forget in a long time, a defining moment in my relationship with Miss S, and as it stands a turning point in the one with ‘Deola.
Miss S had called earlier on to ask after my health on her way to Paddington Train station to pick her parents who were arriving from Cornwal, and then spent the day at her sister’s in Hendon.
At about 12 noon, there was a knock on the door which I tried to ignore since I wasn’t expecting anyone but on second thought I decided to go investigate. This singular act changed the course of my weekend and maybe a lot more. It turned out to be ‘Deola who had brought my “Oil & Gas Industry” Magazines and some other letters I had used her address to receive while I was working abroad. She soon noticed my poor health and proceeded to make me the most wonderful pepper-soup I’ve ever had. Needless to say we watched the West Brom Vs Preston game on TV together after which she helped with the laundry and made some vegetable stew for me.
As laid on the sofa bed, I couldn’t help but ogle her ebony coloured thighs, and reminisce on her wonderful sex was with her. As she shuttled between the kitchen and the living room, each time she sat or got up I was treated to an eyeful with her bluish lacy underpants; and as the ogling increased so did the urge to DO HER.
On my way back from the toilet, my body brushed her curvy behind and my dear Nairalanders five minutes later I was recovering from the briefest yet most passionate intercourse I’ve ever had. It was not until she left that the gravity of what happened dawned on me, not only did I betray Miss S’s trust, I have given ‘Deola a way back in and to make matters worse we didn’t have any protection.

Plagued with guilt all day, I was only too pleased to wake up on Sunday feeling a lot better. Miss S arrived just as the Arsenal-Blackburn game was starting, we watched the game while enjoying rice with chicken stew; hoping she wont ask who cooked the stew.
As you all know by now, the Chelsea-Liverpool game was a disaster for me and joy for her as my team lost and hers won. In her attempt to comfort me, she poured us both a glass of wine and cuddled up next to me on the sofabed. Although I had agreed to her suggestion that we waited till she was ready before we had sex, it was hard to disguise the bulge in my trousers as she laid next to me, the feel of her body raised my fever by a few degrees and it was only a matter of time before we found ourselves in my bedroom. A few hours and a box of durex later, we both laid literally spent on the bed and a few minutes later I snoozed off after agreeing that she should spend the night and I’ll drop her off early in the morning.

05.25: Miss S was up early as she treated herself to some cereal while I got dressed. I will be dropping her off at home, in time for her to get ready for work.

06:20: I arrived at the station early only to find that the bloody train is running late AGAIN; this time by 5 minutes.
Still tired by the combo of fever and Miss S + ‘Deola, I was praying for the train to arrive soon.

06:28: Train finally arrives and today I was just glad to find myself a seat anywhere, afterall Miss S is not due to catch this train no thanks to events of last night. My journey into work today left me pondering over certain dilemma; should I get back with ‘Deola and forget about Miss S?

06:33: As the train leaves the next station, I get an SMS message from ‘Deola asking how I was, and that she had tried unsuccessfully to contact me several times last night. I replied that I’m a lot better and that I am now on my way into work, thanking her for all she did.
Can ‘Deola change? Is the devil I know better than the saint I don’t? I began to rationalise the merits and otherwise of both ladies

Beauty: Miss S= A+, ‘Deola= A
Maturity: Miss S= A+, ‘Deola= C
Cookery: Miss S= D, ‘Deola= A+
Career: Miss S= B+, ‘Deola= A+
Sex: Miss S= A+, ‘Deola= B+

06:45
: I arrived was still analysing the two ladies when my train arrived at Charing Cross Station, my dilemma still unresolved.
Re: 06:22 :- Daily Travel Diary Of A Kent To London NL Commuter by semid4lyfe(m): 10:57am On Oct 05, 2009
Lol - poor you! Make u use your church mind take resolve your dilemma but my candid advice to you is to let one of them go & not to double date.
BTW, how could u fall for deola's trick? That's the oldest trick in the book, man. It's been in use since the days of Adam & Eve - lol.
BTW, wetin be the scores for the various grades u posted 4 both ladies? If we knew, perhaps we can help u with the maths - lol
Re: 06:22 :- Daily Travel Diary Of A Kent To London NL Commuter by KennyG6(m): 11:31am On Oct 05, 2009
semid4lyfe:

Lol - poor you! Make u use your church mind take resolve your dilemma but my candid advice to you is to let one of them go & not to double date.
BTW, how could u fall for deola's trick? That's the oldest trick in the book, man. It's been in use since the days of Adam & Eve - lol.
BTW, wetin be the scores for the various grades u posted 4 both ladies? If we knew, perhaps we can help u with the maths - lol
Semi
the score is for what i rate them in the various categories, for example cooking A+ or B+
Re: 06:22 :- Daily Travel Diary Of A Kent To London NL Commuter by jaybee3(m): 1:29pm On Oct 05, 2009
Na real wa oh.
hmm hmm my man just dey enjoy cool
R u ready to settle down?
Do you see yourself being able to overlook the culture barrier (You haven't stated it's an issue but it's worth looking at if you r looking to build something solid)?
Deola is probably not going to change but you sure can change to accommodate her negatives. Afterall , that's what relationships are all about (accommodating people's differences).

I hope you know beauty does fade and sex can be taught.
bottom line is choice is yours and only you can make that decision.
Re: 06:22 :- Daily Travel Diary Of A Kent To London NL Commuter by tubabie(f): 6:14pm On Oct 05, 2009
Jaybee has hit the nail on the head of the several factors involved!!! Be easy. . . . . . . . . . cool
Re: 06:22 :- Daily Travel Diary Of A Kent To London NL Commuter by Shola2009(m): 7:20pm On Oct 05, 2009
having both of them,is not a bad option.afterall,the more the merrier.
Re: 06:22 :- Daily Travel Diary Of A Kent To London NL Commuter by KennyG6(m): 10:01am On Oct 06, 2009
Week 3 Day 2

06:16: Hardly slept all night preoccupied by the romantic web intricately woven around me. I had called ‘Deola yesterday afternoon to show my appreciation for her care and even sent her a box of her favourite chocolate via the company courier; hoping that would be enough to let her know that the afters of Saturday does not necessarily guarantee that we are an item again. How wrong could I have been, she wanted to meet after work or back at my place; unfortunately, I had arranged for a rendezvous with Miss S after work to makeup for missing the football game on Sunday at Piccadilly Circus and was not going to change that plan for ‘Deola.
As expected, she found my excuse unacceptable and went as far as accusing me of using her and taking advantage of her, that if I knew I didn’t want to get back to her why did I sleep with her on Saturday.
Miss S on the other hand was also keen to move the relationship one step further by inviting me to her nephew’s 1st birthday on Sunday.

06:22: As my thoughts drifted from ‘Deola to Miss S, I eventually fell asleep only to wake up at 06:00, a whole 30 minutes late, and tried my hardest to make the 06:22 train. I decided to use the car for the 3mins journey and as I pulled into the car park I saw the train door slam shut, damn!

06:25: The next train is in 11 minutes and as I sat in the car listening to Talksport Radio, a gentle tap on my car was about to make my already complicated life a messier.
I wound down the window and offered a gentle “Hi”, hello Lara replied as she asked to come in. Lara is my neighbour, herself and her sister moved in to the adjacent flat about a year ago and at the time I tried my hardest to woo her but she sussed out that I was only interested in her for one thing only and continually rebuffed my advances.
However, in the last few months I have sensed a kind of shift in her attitude, she would bring over some moi moi every now and then jesting that as a bachelor I needed to eat well.
Back then, she was merely an MSc student at Greenwich University but now works at Barclays Capital in the City as a Trainee Information Analyst, her corporate attire a far cry from the days of ragged jeans and primark Tops. As we chatted about her job and what have you, my eyes couldn’t help but investigate the contents of upper body. The tone of her joke kind of suggests that she wants me to “toast” her again.

06:33: Train arrives and as we board I was hoping there won’t be two spare seats for us as I just wanted to avoid her at all cost. Unfortunately, there was, and she ensured that we sat next to each other by appealing to the other commuter to make room for us.
As we journeyed into London, she cleverly reminded me of the time I kept pestering her to go out with me, I replied that she didn’t know what she was missing my turning down my advances, to which she replied why don’t you show me! Is that an offer? I asked, well can you drop me off at City Airport on Friday night as I’m off to Dublin to return on Sunday, then we shall see she replied in a suggestive manner.
As we continued our flirtation, an SMS message arrived from Miss S acknowledging my message that I had missed my train and as a result won’t be meeting her at our usual coffee joint this morning; Lara noticing the gleam with which I responded to the SMS asked if that was my girl friend; a question I skilfully avoided answering just like her request for a ride to the airport.
After much pestering, I agreed to drop her off at the airport on Friday on the condition that nothing else comes up or (Miss S and I don’t have any plan)

06:59: As we arrived at Charing Cross Station, my romantic quandary refuses to abate instead I have the added wahala of a pretty neighbour pestering for attention…,
How I am ever going to get my Kuwaiti Oil Proposal ready by the end of today, I no know……,
Re: 06:22 :- Daily Travel Diary Of A Kent To London NL Commuter by nana(f): 10:40am On Oct 06, 2009
Hmmmm,i'll be praying for u cheesy
Re: 06:22 :- Daily Travel Diary Of A Kent To London NL Commuter by shabbie(m): 12:54pm On Oct 06, 2009
Kenny G! U don run this town finish. Iba!!

My daily devotional grin if you stop ur balls would expire
Re: 06:22 :- Daily Travel Diary Of A Kent To London NL Commuter by semid4lyfe(m): 1:05pm On Oct 06, 2009
Kenny G, na wa for u o! I no know wetin to talk. Guy, just use your church mind. Nothin' do you.
Re: 06:22 :- Daily Travel Diary Of A Kent To London NL Commuter by KennyG6(m): 10:13am On Oct 07, 2009
Week 3 Day 3

06:16: As I embark on the 3 minutes journey to the train station, the dark dreary weather provided a metaphorical reminder of the present state of my emotional life. I had spent the better part of last night trying to resolve what appears to be an impasse between ‘Deola and I; my attempt to excuse the happenings of Saturday didn’t appear to slacken her resolve to get back with me. As we ended the conversation 2 hours later, the three parting words she offered kept me awake till 1am in the morning. Its been a while since I heard the words “ I love you” from her, and hearing them again last night evoked memories of our good times together. Reminiscing about the times we spent on the boat in Venice 2 valentines ago, her romantic antics suddenly posed the question whether indeed we should get back together. Has she changed? Or is all this because she realised I’m now with someone else? Should I just accept ‘Deola the way she is, her faults notwithstanding? Where does this leave Miss S, is Miss S a wifey-material? Can I stand a wife who calls my parents by their first name?

06:22: As the Train arrives my thoughts were soon placed in the back seat for now as I proceeded to our usual carriage where the usually elegant Miss S is waiting with a heart-melting smile, swiftly followed by a snappy kiss. I take my seat opposite her sandwiched between two construction workers possibly from Eastern Europe. Next to Miss S is a lady Segun my friend had chatted up last week, and thankfully she didn’t recognise me as I found out from Segun that a few days after meeting her on the train the girl had told to him that she is bi-sexual and would only consider sex with him if her friend is going to be involved as well.

• 06:28: As the train pulls out of the next stop, deeply engrossed in my Metro Newspaper, I was soon distracted by the squabbling of two men over a seat. Mr A, looks and sounds like a Turkish man, short and rough looking, noticed a spare seat near the aisle, as he made his way down the aisle to get the seat, his can of Red Bull falls down and as he stopped to pick it up Mr. B, a Nigerian, Ibo man tall and appears to be an IT man (judging by the IBM bag) gets on the seat.
The Turkish man became annoyed and demanded that the man vacate the seat as he was targeting it, surprised at his ridiculous request, the naija man ignored him pulling out his Mirror Newspaper and buries his face in it.
This only fuelled the Turk’s anger as he grabbed the paper and scattered it over the nearby commuters, at this stage the Naija man offered him a stern warning, “Get me my paper or I will deal ruthlessly with you”, he said as he removed his tie and watch. My attempt to get the naija man to let go of the issue fell on deaf ears as he responded in pidgin English, “My Brother, leave me make I show this Motherfcker a lesson”! On hearing those words the Turk flew into rage and swing a right hook which my naija guy deftly evades and in the same move lands a succession of bone-crunching blows to the man.
Before the on looking commuters could step in the Turkish man was on the floor writhing in pain; the train was stopped and the transport police called in.

06:33: As the two men were escorted off the train, the naija man hailed by some section of the train as a superstar, the turk subdued and bloody; Miss S could only ask how come you Nigerians are so strong? I replied by asking what gave her the impression that I was strong enough to do what the man had just done. What she whispered back in my ears made me suggest we phone in sick today just so that I can give her a demonstration of my PROWESS!

06:51: We arrived at Charing Cross a whole 10 minutes late, and although that meant there wont be any 15 minutes chat at Costa today, the on-board entertainment on the train and the offer of a “Wrestling Match “ between Moi & Miss S at my pad later tonight more than makes up for that.
Re: 06:22 :- Daily Travel Diary Of A Kent To London NL Commuter by nana(f): 10:38am On Oct 07, 2009
Hmmmm!!!
Re: 06:22 :- Daily Travel Diary Of A Kent To London NL Commuter by KennyG6(m): 10:41am On Oct 07, 2009
hy nana hmmmmmmmmmm
hw u dey?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Vampire's love / A Road To Nowhere (all episodes) / Academic Writing Professional

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.