Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,783 members, 7,851,653 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:34 AM

Speaker Dogara Meets Buhari, Vows Not To Resign - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Speaker Dogara Meets Buhari, Vows Not To Resign (573 Views)

I Will Take Nigeria To The Next Level - President Buhari Vows / Pope Francis Prays For Nigeria As Dogara Meets Him In Vatican City,italy(pics) / Saraki Absent As Dogara Meets Buhari In Aso Rock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Speaker Dogara Meets Buhari, Vows Not To Resign by Everfrank(m): 4:02pm On Aug 05, 2016
As reported by PREMIUM TIMES, Speaker Yakubu Dogara on Friday met President Muhammadu Buhari over the budget padding scandal rocking the House of Representatives.
Mr. Dogara came into the Villa at about 2:25 pm and went straight into the president’s office.
The speaker emerged at exactly 2:58 pm, telling reporters budget padding is not an offence and vowing not to step down from office despite growing calls on him to do so.
When approached by State House press on the allegations of budget padding levelled against him by the former chairman of the Appropriation committee, Abdulmumin Jibrin, Mr. Dogara simply said ” I am a lawyer and have been a legislator for a while, I never knew of an offence called budget padding.”
The speaker said budget padding is not an offence against any Nigerian law.
He also said since he has not committed any offence, the question of him resigning “does not even arise.”

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/208122-speaker-dogara-meets-buhari-vows-not-to-resign.html
Re: Speaker Dogara Meets Buhari, Vows Not To Resign by omaguibu(m): 4:31pm On Aug 05, 2016
Mr Speaker resign over what? The day you will think of resignation, that day will be your end. Go back to the house, reshuffle the committee and get reasonable members around you. No Jupiter will impeach you. That serial blackmailer call Abdumumin Jibrin is a drowning clown.
Re: Speaker Dogara Meets Buhari, Vows Not To Resign by Vicadonis(m): 4:36pm On Aug 05, 2016
Oh yea. We are in Nigeria. We know the matter was dead on arrival. We await the next distraction from the clueless government
Re: Speaker Dogara Meets Buhari, Vows Not To Resign by dunkem21(m): 4:40pm On Aug 05, 2016
We all know it was a two month distraction..

E don tay wey I see Justice Umar last and his every day by day CCT trial cool

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo Shows Up At PDP Convention Committee Inauguration / I’m Not A Sponsor Of Niger Delta Avengers, Metuh Blasts Accusers /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.