Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,269 members, 7,818,924 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

Why Is The Price Of Cooking Gas Never Coming Down? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Is The Price Of Cooking Gas Never Coming Down? (1220 Views)

How To Check For The Expiry Date Of Cooking Gas Cylinder. / What Kind Of Cooking Pots Would You Rather Buy? / 10 Pictures Of Cooking Gone Wrong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is The Price Of Cooking Gas Never Coming Down? by MsFaith: 4:12pm On Aug 05, 2016
February this year, I filled my 6kg gas cylinder for #1,450. By April, I filled it with #1,600. In the month of June , #1,700. Today, just to confirm the price, they told me #2000. I had to ask the man selling why the price is on constant increase. The price is not stagnant neither is it reducing. What is the cause?
Re: Why Is The Price Of Cooking Gas Never Coming Down? by KingPoult: 4:17pm On Aug 05, 2016
MsFaith:

What is the cause?

Nigeria is where we inflate prices of anything.....

Check bus fare in Lagos,whenever its raining or about to rain..... grin

Re: Why Is The Price Of Cooking Gas Never Coming Down? by olaniyi0(m): 4:28pm On Aug 05, 2016
cuz my oga at top don they chop am.
Re: Why Is The Price Of Cooking Gas Never Coming Down? by moststylish(m): 5:49pm On Aug 05, 2016
MsFaith:
February this year, I filled my 6kg gas cylinder for #1,450. By April, I filled it with #1,600. In the month of June , #1,700. Today, just to confirm the price, they told me #2000. I had to ask the man selling why the price is on constant increase. The price is not stagnant neither is it reducing. What is the cause?
babe i am a gas dealer and I can tell you the problem with gas is the same problem we have with petrol, which is when there is scarcity price go, one problem is our non functioning refineries, major dealers have to import and you know the naira is not helping matters, transportation is another issue since the only way to get the product is from lagos couple with politics as nigerians love money even if people are dying. When the price was normal, I can make 1000 naira from one 12.5kg,but now hardly. For me i think we should be happy the product is available to buy otherwise we would have been a disaster for dealers n end users, cos we would have been eating our capital and end users would go back to kerosene.
Re: Why Is The Price Of Cooking Gas Never Coming Down? by MsFaith: 8:22pm On Aug 05, 2016
moststylish:
babe i am a gas dealer and I can tell you the problem with gas is the same problem we have with petrol, which is when there is scarcity price go, one problem is our non functioning refineries, major dealers have to import and you know the naira is not helping matters, transportation is another issue since the only way to get the product is from lagos couple with politics as nigerians love money even if people are dying. When the price was normal, I can make 1000 naira from one 12.5kg,but now hardly. For me i think we should be happy the product is available to buy otherwise we would have been a disaster for dealers n end users, cos we would have been eating our capital and end users would go back to kerosene.
Na wa
Re: Why Is The Price Of Cooking Gas Never Coming Down? by ahnie: 8:43pm On Aug 06, 2016
I filled my 5kg few days aback with 1700.
Lest jux thank God for the availability of the product.

Kerosene most xpecially in some greedy fuel station in asaba is now 250#.

Can you beat that!
Re: Why Is The Price Of Cooking Gas Never Coming Down? by SportsHD: 5:57am On Sep 08, 2021
That's 2016. How about now?
Re: Why Is The Price Of Cooking Gas Never Coming Down? by Redman44(m): 11:46am On Sep 08, 2021
It is now being sold for 550 naira per kg in my area in Ikorodu.
Re: Why Is The Price Of Cooking Gas Never Coming Down? by Modecaih: 7:46am On Sep 09, 2021
To refill a 12kg is now above 6k abeeg na who we offend for Nigeria
Re: Why Is The Price Of Cooking Gas Never Coming Down? by Nobody: 8:04am On Sep 09, 2021
To think this post was created in 2016 and is still relevant today. Hmm..
Pathetic!
Re: Why Is The Price Of Cooking Gas Never Coming Down? by Lamanii22(f): 6:38pm On Sep 09, 2021
The post was 2016, life was even good then... It's 3k plus now.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Health Benefits Of Drinking Pure Cocoa / How To Make Goat Meat Pepper Soup / Beef/goat Meat Stew Recipe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.