Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,430 members, 7,812,277 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:02 AM

Prices Of Rice, Beans, Maize Soar At Lagos Market - Vanguard - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Prices Of Rice, Beans, Maize Soar At Lagos Market - Vanguard (32838 Views)

See The Current Prices Of Commodities In Nigeria - Vanguard's Consumer Watch / Local Rice Hits Lagos Market For N14,000 (Photos) / Prices Of Rice Crash In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prices Of Rice, Beans, Maize Soar At Lagos Market - Vanguard by Nobody: 5:02pm On Aug 06, 2016
May God punish buhari and all his supporters Insha allah amin

1 Like

Re: Prices Of Rice, Beans, Maize Soar At Lagos Market - Vanguard by Nobody: 5:02pm On Aug 06, 2016
May God punish buhari and all his supporters Insha allah amin undecided
Re: Prices Of Rice, Beans, Maize Soar At Lagos Market - Vanguard by Midgut(m): 5:04pm On Aug 06, 2016
mikolo80:
solve your own damn problems It's high time fg did something to stop this inflation!
in as much as I support fight against corruption, less time should be allocated to it! fight against venality is not the only issue affecting our dear country. inflation-----economic recession
enter farm ; and security-------bokoharam, buy gun [/b]nda, [b] snitch [/b]herdmen [b] gun,arrow and bow, pepper or rat poison and bear traps are the momentous!
solve your own damn problems br'er
who told you that I'm looking for job? what prompt you to say I should enter farm? you even said I should take up arm! I am loss of word for you! you are not conversant with real life, take it or live it!
Re: Prices Of Rice, Beans, Maize Soar At Lagos Market - Vanguard by SHEEGO2015(m): 5:10pm On Aug 06, 2016
BUHARIISCURSED:

baba cant do nothing

Atleast lift the ban on importation of goods
Re: Prices Of Rice, Beans, Maize Soar At Lagos Market - Vanguard by Nobody: 5:11pm On Aug 06, 2016
As long as FIRS can squeeze tax out of companies, bubu does not give a damn about prices.

He is used to hardship complaints. There is no amount of hunger that will make him move a finger to improve anything

The best we can all do is to pray he falls ill again and is bedridden for all these complaints to get to abuja
Re: Prices Of Rice, Beans, Maize Soar At Lagos Market - Vanguard by CHOPUP411(m): 5:17pm On Aug 06, 2016
God we need ur help
Re: Prices Of Rice, Beans, Maize Soar At Lagos Market - Vanguard by Rexyl(m): 5:36pm On Aug 06, 2016
is it when everything has collapsed the Buhari's Change will begin to manifest?

Nigerians are not finding it easy again... All we have being seeing is daily news with daily hardship.

e go better e go better rice is getting to N20000. Haba! This change is not offering good thing and hopes are being dashed.

Before the present predicament, the complaint was it was Jonathan that caused this and that followed by delay in the passage and signing of the budget. Since the government has crossed those borders what could have caused the complaint again? Is it lack of focus or incompetence?

Living is fast becoming to expensive and very difficult in Nigeria. May God help us.
Re: Prices Of Rice, Beans, Maize Soar At Lagos Market - Vanguard by 007Gbenga: 5:40pm On Aug 06, 2016
Krase man! Fela said it all. This Buhari knows nothing.

Listen!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wojqCOD99V8
Re: Prices Of Rice, Beans, Maize Soar At Lagos Market - Vanguard by Hemdy4jazz: 5:43pm On Aug 06, 2016
This co country na wa ooo. My wife told me the 75cl of palm oil is sold for 400 per bottle around Bariga area. Now let us do some maths.
If price of 25L of palm oil is 7300 in Mile12.

And we know 100CL = 1L

Then 25L = 2500CL

Then to know how many bottle in 25L keg
We have (2500÷75)CL = 33.3Cl

This implies 33.3 bottles will fill up 25L.

Now if a bottle is sold for 400 we have
400 *33.3 =13320

Then how much profit these market women they make per 1 keg

13320-7320 = 6000 PROFIT

Before people crucify me, do you think this is right? . I know some set of people will think that's a business.

My submission is that we need institution to regulate the price of food items in this country. If Its left for the cabals, they will be smilling to bank while people are suffring

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prices Of Rice, Beans, Maize Soar At Lagos Market - Vanguard by kayowalemi(m): 5:48pm On Aug 06, 2016
Gala price remain the same, so my people let's switch our taste bud to eating gala 3 times a o grin
Re: Prices Of Rice, Beans, Maize Soar At Lagos Market - Vanguard by Nobody: 5:58pm On Aug 06, 2016
[s]
mescan:
zombie for life, has the price of rice ever gotten to 14k since u were born, if not during this zoohary regime
[/s]you are boring
Re: Prices Of Rice, Beans, Maize Soar At Lagos Market - Vanguard by mikolo80: 6:13pm On Aug 06, 2016
Midgut:
who told you that I'm looking for job? what prompt you to say I should enter farm? you even said I should take up arm! I am loss of word for you! you are not conversant with real life, take it or live it!
what happens when you drink panadol for anoda man's headache.
If you're not ready or willing to do anything about the problem shut it and allow us hia word
Re: Prices Of Rice, Beans, Maize Soar At Lagos Market - Vanguard by awesomely: 6:18pm On Aug 06, 2016
Hemdy4jazz:
This co country na wa ooo. My wife told me the 75cl of palm oil is sold for 400 per bottle around Bariga area. Now let us do some maths.
If price of 25L of palm oil is 7300 in Mile12.

And we know 100CL = 1L

Then 25L = 2500CL

Then to know how many bottle in 25L keg
We have (2500÷75)CL = 33.3Cl

This implies 33.3 bottles will fill up 25L.

Now if a bottle is sold for 400 we have
400 *33.3 =13320

Then how much profit these market women they make per 1 keg

13320-7320 = 6000 PROFIT

Before people crucify me, do you think this is right? . I know some set of people will think that's a business.

My submission is that we need institution to regulate the price of food items in this country. If Its left for the cabals, they will be smilling to bank while people are suffring

Na so u go dey do your own calculation.
Why you no start from the harvesting stage to processing to transportation (Main Reason for Hike in Price), to Loading and Offloading to Dues n Levies(From all sort of agencies and powers that be) to get a better perspective.
Re: Prices Of Rice, Beans, Maize Soar At Lagos Market - Vanguard by Nobody: 6:24pm On Aug 06, 2016
People complaining, please also read the full article. Yes, we're all suffering. But this government's style is to forcefully make us produce from home. Be honest, Nigerians. We don't learn to do things until we are forced. During the Biafra war, Igbos refined crude oil in their backyards. Normally this process isn't ideal, but force is the only language Nigerians understand. These current hardships will wake us up and teach us to be self sufficient, instead of importing things we're capable of producing by ourselves. Imagine if the drop in oil prices had occurred at a time when Nigeria's economy was diversified, like Iran, who only depend on their oil for 34% of their income. We all want change but we don't want to change. That's my opinion on this. Feel free to quote me and share ideas
Re: Prices Of Rice, Beans, Maize Soar At Lagos Market - Vanguard by Icecream4U(m): 6:33pm On Aug 06, 2016
Abagworo:

The bolded proves Nigeria is on the right path. As we increase our local production foreign ones could as well sell for a billion. It's bad for importers but good for local farmers.
the locally produced one is very expensive too.
Re: Prices Of Rice, Beans, Maize Soar At Lagos Market - Vanguard by franklynsunny(m): 6:49pm On Aug 06, 2016
mescan:
zombie for life, has the price of rice ever gotten to 14k since u were born, if not during this zoohary regime
I got bag of rice on 27th March 2015 for N7000 bfor election cos we are mislead dat if GEJ wins den,GEJ n Buha wil cause violet n dere might b no movement so I got food stuff bt I remember N7000 for full bag of rice

1 Like

Re: Prices Of Rice, Beans, Maize Soar At Lagos Market - Vanguard by pwettiejay(f): 6:50pm On Aug 06, 2016
Baba, which way?? angry
Re: Prices Of Rice, Beans, Maize Soar At Lagos Market - Vanguard by emsco(m): 8:04pm On Aug 06, 2016
Useless president..dem go use hunger kill person.
Re: Prices Of Rice, Beans, Maize Soar At Lagos Market - Vanguard by Nobody: 8:20pm On Aug 06, 2016
madridguy:
Sai Baba do something.
lmao...what do you expect Sai Baba to do?
Adeboye even talk say our leaders are helpless
Re: Prices Of Rice, Beans, Maize Soar At Lagos Market - Vanguard by brain247(m): 8:54pm On Aug 06, 2016
if imported commodities are increasing,so why is our local commodities too increasing..
Re: Prices Of Rice, Beans, Maize Soar At Lagos Market - Vanguard by Teeboy06(m): 8:56pm On Aug 06, 2016
Thank God Harris and groundnut no add money.... after all our borehole water is free
Re: Prices Of Rice, Beans, Maize Soar At Lagos Market - Vanguard by jojothaiv(m): 9:28pm On Aug 06, 2016
okwai
Re: Prices Of Rice, Beans, Maize Soar At Lagos Market - Vanguard by Sijo01(f): 9:33pm On Aug 06, 2016
mikolo80:
how many were stopped from farming
Na you wan starve

Zoombi way na one way, ojorojarajoro
Re: Prices Of Rice, Beans, Maize Soar At Lagos Market - Vanguard by mikolo80: 10:42pm On Aug 06, 2016
Sijo01:

Zoombi way na one way, ojorojarajoro
you wen de lament for 60 years nothing change.
keep looking for excuse you hia. Don't work at your problem. Na so our elders lament for 60 yrs. Whoeepp? Wailers international.
Re: Prices Of Rice, Beans, Maize Soar At Lagos Market - Vanguard by Slimszy: 11:31pm On Aug 06, 2016
ademega:
China revolution comes to mind. it's a matter of time.. it's either u thank this government or you get in to the lagoon. very simple

If you dont understand stuffs...pls read up.... China revolution was successful owing to ISI - Import substitution industrialization... China didnt stop the import of manufactured goods just in a trance.... Local industries were built and when it got to the stage of maturity..import of unnecessary goods were stopped...and the population helped as regards market... In Nigeria...Nothing is. Being pit in place...our local industries aint even finctioning yet u wanna stop importation of basic goods consumed by the populace... I call this ignorance, stupidity and wickedness...because the govt dont feel the pain
Re: Prices Of Rice, Beans, Maize Soar At Lagos Market - Vanguard by aloeman15(m): 1:13am On Aug 07, 2016
It's amazing how much ignorance gets bandied about as fact.
Thank you for the thankless task of enlightening our educated illiterates.
A man's been chasing you for years, begging you for a job. You make the costly (and foolish) mistake of giving him the exact job he asked for- without following due process, vis-a-vis an interview. And then, shock-horror: he lacks even the most basic skill set needed for the job. But now, you can't seem to get rid of him- and he's enjoying the full company benefits that are paid for by - yes, you.
Is there a better definition of 'one chance'?
Slimszy:

If you dont understand stuffs...pls read up.... China revolution was successful owing to ISI - Import substitution industrialization... China didnt stop the import of manufactured goods just in a trance.... Local industries were built and when it got to the stage of maturity..import of unnecessary goods were stopped...and the population helped as regards market... In Nigeria...Nothing is. Being pit in place...our local industries aint even finctioning yet u wanna stop importation of basic goods consumed by the populace... I call this ignorance, stupidity and wickedness...because the govt dont feel the pain

1 Like

Re: Prices Of Rice, Beans, Maize Soar At Lagos Market - Vanguard by Esthericks: 4:45am On Aug 07, 2016
God is the only one who can help us
Re: Prices Of Rice, Beans, Maize Soar At Lagos Market - Vanguard by ofwest47(m): 8:00am On Aug 07, 2016
shameless wailers they preferred importing rice and beans from India, China , Thailand countries of over a billion each to come and feed a lazy country of less than two hundred million population.
Re: Prices Of Rice, Beans, Maize Soar At Lagos Market - Vanguard by fexichi(f): 8:47am On Aug 07, 2016
eph12:
What is the cost of the locally produced alternatives? I heard locally produced rice is also very expensive.
In Enugu a bag of local rice, (2bushels), is 14,ooo. I bought at that price last month. 1 paint bucket of beans is 1,000. The economy is harsh!
Re: Prices Of Rice, Beans, Maize Soar At Lagos Market - Vanguard by Hemdy4jazz: 7:36pm On Aug 07, 2016
awesomely:

Na so u go dey do your own calculation.
Why you no start from the harvesting stage to processing to transportation (Main Reason for Hike in Price), to Loading and Offloading to Dues n Levies(From all sort of agencies and powers that be) to get a better perspective.

You didn't get my view. Loading and offloading or whatsoever you call it has been estimated per 25L keg. So how much will it cost you to move it to your area from mile 12?
Re: Prices Of Rice, Beans, Maize Soar At Lagos Market - Vanguard by Rexyl(m): 7:55pm On Aug 07, 2016
Teeboy06:
Thank God Harris and groundnut no add money.... after all our borehole water is free

the country is causing people to suffer under misplaced priorities. Only God knows when this suffering will come to an end. Government doesn't seem to understand again how to tackle the challenges that are growing bigger than the authority by the day.
Re: Prices Of Rice, Beans, Maize Soar At Lagos Market - Vanguard by graciousme(f): 3:49pm On Aug 08, 2016
Hello food lovers,

My name is Kemi Oladipo. I recently completed a course on 'Biosafety of plant Biotechnology' at Marche Polytechnic University,Ancona,Italy.

I am currently conducting a survey on the 'Readiness of Nigerians for the commercialization of genetically modified crops in Nigeria'. I am using the social media and other associated entities to share the survey.
I will your support and provide you a medium to express your opinion about genetically modified foods in Nigeria. Please find the link to the survey below.

Available to answer any question. Kind regards,

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScLvbgIbUnannWQCz01AW8FIVT1aq4JCba1ki6lQV84QAcKBQ/viewform?c=0&w=1

Kemi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Making Of A Nairalander’s Homemade Orange Juice(photos) / Packaged Garri Is Now Available In The Market[photo] / I Need Urgent Help On Where To Get Essential Oils In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.