Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:11 AM

Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' (5721 Views)

Coffins Of Ocholi, His Wife And Son, To Be Buried Today (Photos) / Kano PDP Primaries: Takia Wins As Abacha’s Son Withdraws / Breaking!!! Jonathan And Abacha's Son In A Close-Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by baekdoosan(m): 8:59pm On Sep 23, 2009
What!!!!!!! Nigeria is dieing faster everyday. Strikes, corruption, businesses relocating, international degrading adverts, etc etc. What a week!!!! Abach's son will be the final blow!!!
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by german007(m): 9:02pm On Sep 23, 2009
@baekdosaan

Bros, Can you identify yourself, Tender your evidence and status.
and please elaborate on your comment?

Thanks
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by OAM4J: 11:14pm On Sep 23, 2009
I don’t know Mohammed Abacha more than the fact that he is the son of late Sanni Abacha. As a Nigerian he has every right to contest for any elective post, but then as Bidemi wrote, there is a moral issue here. How can we trust him? How can we be so sure he will not follow the footsteps of his father? After all he has his father’s blood flowing in his veins. Beside does he agree with majority of Nigerians that his father misruled us?

I think what he needs to do as far as I am concern are:

1. for him to acknowledge that his father misruled us and apologize to Nigerians on behalf of his family.
2. Secondly I think it is too early for him to jump into politics, the wound his father inflicted on us is still very fresh. He should wait a little longer or leave that path for his children
3. Thirdly I think he should be righting the wrong of his father by doing things that are pro-the masses of Nigeria

May be, just may be, then Nigeria can begging to see him as Mohammed Abacha and not as the son of Sanni Abacha.

True, the world may be in the hands of the wicked and every one (not just the leaders of the western world) has one ugly past or the other, but the world will be a better place if we do not sustain the evil legacy of our fathers but chose rather a better course for ourselves, just as the like of Schwarzeneggers, Bush and Clintons did.

But then ultimately it is the people of Kano that will decide (that is if their election will truly count).

Again as much as I hate to admit it, in Nigeria anything is possible (even if it is morally or legally wrong).
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by Aare1(m): 11:21pm On Sep 23, 2009
OAM4J:

I don’t know Mohammed Abacha more than the fact that he is the son of late Sanni Abacha. As a Nigerian he has every right to contest for any elective post, but then as Bidemi wrote, there is a moral issue here. How can we trust him? How can we be so sure he will not follow the footsteps of his father? After all he has his father’s blood flowing in his veins. Beside does he agree with majority of Nigerians that his father misruled us?

1. for him to acknowledge that his father misruled us and apologize to Nigerians on behalf of his family.
2. Secondly I think it is too early for him to jump into politics, the wound his father inflicted on us is still very fresh. He should wait a little longer or leave that path for his children
3. Thirdly I think he should be righting the wrong of his father by doing things that are pro-the masses of Nigeria

May be, just may be, then Nigeria can begging to see him as Mohammed Abacha and not as the son of Sanni Abacha.

True, the world may be in the hands of the wicked and every one (not just the leaders of the western world) has one ugly past or the other, but the world will be a better place if we do not sustain the evil legacy of our fathers but chose rather a better course for ourselves, just as the like of Schwarzeneggers, Bush and Clintons did.

But then ultimately it is the people of Kano that will decide (that is if their election will truly count).

Again as much as I hate to admit it, in Nigeria anything is possible (even if it is morally or legally wrong).

Schwarzenegger
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by Princek12(m): 2:04am On Sep 24, 2009
He has every right to contest in the elections, just like voters have every right to cast their vote to their preferred candidate. If he were to contest the problem would be that, flush with cash that was looted from the Nigerian treasury during his father's regime, in conjunction with the history of election fraud and ballot rigging in Nigeria, he will probably bribe and cheat his way into the office, where he will be an ominous vestige of his father's repressive regime.
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by Abatakan: 2:16am On Sep 24, 2009
OAM4J:

1. for him to acknowledge that his father misruled us and apologize to Nigerians  on behalf of his family.

l get pain when l read of story of Abacha son (same goes for countless idiots who ever proclaims to be leaders, that never made our life better)  walking in the public never mind contemplating public office, as mentioned by quotes above, there is a moral issue here, has anyone heard of Hitler relatives?  another example, Max Mosley son-for those not in the know, of Oswald Mosley (Max is the president of FIA) Mr Mosley's father, Oswald, was the pre-war leader of Britain's fascist "blackshirts" who invited Adolf Hitler to his wedding 9ifo. courtesy of timesonline) despite Max works for formula 1 (not my kind of sport anyway) is still remebered for his dad hatred for people of colour especially blacks, swear if this Abacha son  is elected, we use to laugh at banana country not knowing Nigeria will be fruitcake.
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by Abatakan: 2:28am On Sep 24, 2009
Princek12:

He has every right to contest in the elections, just like voters have every right to cast their vote to their preferred candidate. If he were to contest the problem would be that, flush with cash that was looted from the Nigerian treasury during his father's regime, in conjunction with the history of election fraud and ballot rigging in Nigeria, he will probably bribe and cheat his way into the office, where he will be an ominous vestige of his father's repressive regime.

@PrinceK12

The US have just rejected our nomination for the ambassdorial post based on the allegation (that was good enough for the US) that his son is involved in gang rape, and you see nothing wrong in the son of a man that made UK accepts Nigerians as asylum seekers due to the draconian rule of his father? And he is thinking of seeking office? Yes he will bribe his way through, why even we are not in position to change should you give him encouragement?Enough noise and he will think twice, knowing that his dad and his family will forever be a pariah.
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by Princek12(m): 2:43am On Sep 24, 2009
Abatakan:

@PrinceK12

The US have just rejected our nomination for the ambassdorial post based on the allegation (that was good enough for the US) that his son is involved in gang rape, and you see nothing wrong in the son of a man that made UK accepts Nigerians as asylum seekers due to the draconian rule of his father? And he is thinking of seeking office? Yes he will bribe his way through, why even we are not in position to change should you give him encouragement?Enough noise and he will think twice, knowing that his dad and his family will forever be a pariah.

Those two scenarios are factually distinguishable: Ambassadorial posts are political appointments; gubernatorial positions are democratically elected. If you were to make a law which prohibits children of former dictators from running for a post in which voters have a choice of voting for them, how far will you stretch that law? Will all his descendants be banned, and don't you think such rule would be subject to abuse, in which case a future president could use it to prohibit people from contesting for positions based on what their ancestors did?
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by Princek12(m): 2:59am On Sep 24, 2009
Abatakan:

@PrinceK12

Also I believe people have a right to protest his bid for candidacy. What I was implying by my statement is that in a true democracy the people's voting power is usually sufficient to check corrupt politicians from winning elections, since most reasonable people won't vote for them. In Nigeria, on the other hand, corrupt politicians rig elections, so it is difficult to check them. People, nonetheless, should still protest.
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by Abatakan: 3:00am On Sep 24, 2009
@Princek12

l beg to disagree the two scenarios are  NOT factually distinguishable, infact it illustrates the difference and the reason the so called western world have the moral ground than us Africans, with our so so called GOD fearing society, if saying the name of God   makes us think we are better human being, explains our predicament, anyway l digress, the US can see the abandonment of any morality with our society and say`Enough` if we can`t change you, then we can stop and make you reflect on the judgement you make on the behalf of the people you suppose to serve.The Germans are banned from having an army, that is whole country (based on the historic wars) George Bush went to war in Iraq to please and avenge his Dad and now you telling me Abacha son will not come after his perceived enemy of his Dad?
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by boscolesky: 7:00am On Sep 24, 2009
@ poster pls get ur facts right Abacha died on june 8,1998. the dates were poorly informed
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by Donvilo(m): 8:11am On Sep 24, 2009
The Father is one thing but the son may be another thing. shocked Who knows what agenda he may be embarking on? But all the same, these peeps are not to be trusted in as much as it's the fact that I am giving him a benefit of doubt. sad But isn't his dad the same guy that messed up with nigeria? shocked
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by shawn123: 10:04am On Sep 24, 2009
People truly get the leaders they deserve. Kano is known for going backwards instead of foward dont know why?? People are advancing foward but the people of that town have just refused and have sworn to remain archaic just take a look at the town for instance , sighs,
hmmm, If junior Abacha wants to rule kano , lol, good luck to him i mean them , lol probably Sadam Juniour would rule Iraq some day or the kids were both killed werent they?? sighs, undecided
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by newjay(m): 12:09pm On Sep 24, 2009
Other than being Abacha's son does Mohammed parade any credentials of his own?
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by ayobase(m): 12:18pm On Sep 24, 2009
Are we visiting the sin of the
father on the child?

Who knows if he has come to put
an end to all these tribulations
and corruption in our land!

You are welcome bros.
"The glory of the latter
shall be greater than the former."
they say

Nigeria Is Blessed.
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by thameamead(f): 12:24pm On Sep 24, 2009
Its all about Political Dynasty. People with money these days want power as well, His sister Gumsu, the one married to a Cameroon Billonaire also wants to be First Lady. Her husand will be contesting for president of Cameron next year. Mohammed will surely win and i tell you all  when he wins, the Abiola's and Obasanjo's will celebrate with him. That is Nigeria for you. His sister got married last month and guess what? Gbenja Obasanjo and the Abiola's all attended. By the way, what happened to the millions the Swiss authorities seized from his bank account. Was it returned to Nigeria? If yes, who's got the millions, hmmmmmm
his wife can shop, i work @ Harrods and i live in St John's wood so i tend to see them all, they just spend, spend and spend,
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by Abatakan: 12:43pm On Sep 24, 2009
thameamead:

Its all about Political Dynasty. People with money these days want power as well, His sister Gumsu, the one married to a Cameroon Billonaire also wants to be First Lady. Her husand will be contesting for president of Cameron next year. Mohammed will surely win and i tell you all  when he wins, the Abiola's and Obasanjo's will celebrate with him. That is Nigeria for you. His sister got married last month and guess what? Gbenja Obasanjo and the Abiola's all attended. By the way, what happened to the millions the Swiss authorities seized from his bank account. Was it returned to Nigeria? If yes, who's got the millions, hmmmmmm
his wife can shop, i work @ Harrods and i live in St John's wood so i tend to see them all, they just spend, spend and spend,

True words, make no mistake UK/US is the same, all the present leaders of the political parties (apart from Gordon Brown went to oxford/cambridge) for goodness sake Clinton came over to study in UK and guess where? Oxford and he is lauded as man of the people. they close rank and l do know this Abacha son and the sister, that cannot hold their own when in the midst of teenagers (yes we all went to summer school) ignore by the rest and even though the sister was pretty no one talked to her becos, we believe ( me and my friends) she was way below our league) and now the boy will run for a beautiful city and the girl married a billionaire and me?ranting about my beloved country.Rest my case.
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by newjay(m): 12:45pm On Sep 24, 2009
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by Abatakan: 12:49pm On Sep 24, 2009
@newjay

newjay:

Oh yes he does,caught with millions of nairas/dollars in a private house.
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by Abatakan: 1:13pm On Sep 24, 2009
Bye Nairaland, all the best.
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by mustafar1: 2:27pm On Sep 24, 2009
http://articles.latimes.com/2003/may/28/world/fg-abacha28

"Mohammed Abacha says he made his hundreds of millions of dollars the old-fashioned Nigerian way: He cashed in when his father, the late Gen. Sani Abacha, ruled this West African nation.

"I was fortunate to be my father's son," Abacha, 36, said nonchalantly during an interview in his northern Nigeria home. "Opportunities were there, and we took them."

read more

"My father was not the first person to be the president, and he will never be the last," Abacha said. "The present one has children, some a little older than me and some my age. Opportunities abound. I'm sure they are making use of it."

ok now in as much that he has the right to contest for political office, the above statement shows an insight into the young Abacha's ways
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by Kobojunkie: 2:36pm On Sep 24, 2009
It could be that the resources have run out and he is now back for more. grin
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by german007(m): 2:42pm On Sep 24, 2009
@Kobojunkie

Sir, Could you please kindly elaborate on your comment ,tender your evidence and identify yourself.

Regardsl
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by oge4real(f): 3:46pm On Sep 24, 2009
The fact that he can even muster enough courage to aspire to ANY position in this country, is an embarrassment.
The fact that he doesnt even need the votes to get into office, is annoying.
Yet, all Nigerians ever do is to talk!
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by Kobojunkie: 4:37pm On Sep 24, 2009
german007:

@Kobojunkie

Sir, Could you please kindly elaborate on your comment ,tender your evidence and identify yourself.

Regardsl

Just to indulge you, may I suggest you consult the post right before mine for insight into what I comment was about.
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by babadami: 4:44pm On Sep 24, 2009
shocked shocked :oAHHH,GODFORBID,how can he be so,his father have no good record in our country but if i find it out that he later be the governor of Kano means that Kano people are all fool like him and his father.bastard lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed,, angry angry angry angry
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by xreal: 2:39pm On Sep 25, 2009
Its a SHAME on him to ever have that thought in mind.

He wants to continue from where his father stoped. , innaaah.
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by ridgeman: 8:11pm On Sep 25, 2009
The fact that he spent time in prison for embezzlement should automatically rule him out of public office, but that aside there are better qualified and far more powerful folks in the state so his 'dream' will die away,
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by mamagee6(f): 8:57pm On Sep 26, 2009
A thief's offspring coming to destroy our country once again, please somebody should stop this quickly. shocked
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by greateliso(m): 9:49pm On Sep 26, 2009
this is serious grin
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by ADEOMOLE(m): 6:34am On Sep 27, 2009
Oga o.

Audacity of hope.
Re: Abacha's Son 'to Enter Politics' by KnowAll(m): 9:36am On Sep 27, 2009
The problem with Nigeria is election results are altered and rigged on behalf of one party, personalty or a group of people, we do not know what it means to have a proper free and fair election. Once a celebrity or a current or past Public Officer's name is mentioned it is assumed in Nigeria that personalty has already won the election hence Abacha's son or Soludo. We as a nation should disdain from such foolish assertions and focus on making election results counts.

If Winston Churchill could lose an election in 1948 just after winning the second world war then anything is possible in politics. The Goverment should make votes count and speak for themselves, the sooner we let our votes takes its natural course the later and the untimely death of Godfatherism and Celebrity voting which will auger well for our infant democracy. The good thing about free and fair elections is that Godfathers and other political thugs go into hiding they knowing that the masses would make the final decision and if any Godfather wish to throw money at the election it could well mean an exercise in futility

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Enugu International Airport Re-opens (16-05-12) / After The Kano Mosque Attack, Is Islam And Muslims Still To Blame For BH / Anambra : What Niger Delta States Must Learn From Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.