Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,449 members, 7,812,376 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:26 PM

Ooni Of Ife Has No Respect For The Throne – Seun Kuti - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ooni Of Ife Has No Respect For The Throne – Seun Kuti (1136 Views)

"I'm Never Buying Expensive Clothes For My Kids Again" - Seun Kuti / Seun Kuti: "Yahoo Boys Are Still Mugus To The Whites" / Daddy Freeze Blasts Timi Dakolo: "You Dingbat, I Never Had Any Respect For You" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ooni Of Ife Has No Respect For The Throne – Seun Kuti by JuliettaBitch(f): 12:42am On Aug 06, 2016
Afrobeat singer, Seun Kuti, has lambasted the Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi for referring to Jesus as his father.

It would be recalled that Oba Ogunwusi had said: “Jesus is my father” at a church service earlier this year.
But Seun in an interview with SAHARA TV said: “ What happened to respecting the throne?”

“ This a shame to the monarch and the Yoruba race.
“ It is an embarrassment to a throne that is older than him.
“ That is older than his lineage and even anything he knows.
“ He cannot make such a statement without a consensus.”

The son of the legendary singer, Fela Kuti further said that a king who has performed ritual rites has no right to refer to Jesus as his father . He said, ”Yes, he is the king of all religion. His duty is to protect the citizens and respect their rites to free religion than pander to one religion by going to worship with them.

”Imagine the Queen of England making a statement that, “The pope is her father.”
“ by Swearing allegiance to the pope.
“ She says she no longer believes in the archbishop of Canterbury and Anglican church of England.

“ That day she would leave the throne.
“ The British people also have Muslims but the Queen does not pander to them by going to worship with them.
“So for the Ooni to say he is the son of Jesus.

“ It is a Shame!” He quipped.
Speaking further, the singer also blasted the Oluwo of Iwo land, Oba AbdulRasheed Akanbi, over his claims that idol worship among monarchs are responsible for the crisis in the land.

http://dailypost.ng/dailystar/2016/08/04/ooni-ife-no-respect-throne-seun-kuti/?utm_source=snap_dp1&utm_medium=twitter

Lalasticlala Mydn44
Re: Ooni Of Ife Has No Respect For The Throne – Seun Kuti by Nobody: 12:45am On Aug 06, 2016
So because he said Jesus is his father na crime abi?

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Has No Respect For The Throne – Seun Kuti by HungerBAD: 12:47am On Aug 06, 2016
This Seun is not Normal.

For somebody who has never sang one song,but lives off mimicking his father's Songs,he definitely has a big mouth.

The Ooni says God is his father,you that is from Abeokuta and was born in the Indomie Generation,wants to pick a fight with the Custodian of the Yoruba cradle.

Should he call the Devil his Father?Seun you are not Fela,so stop trying to be like him.

Awolowo and Azikiwe have kids,quietly living in Nigeria,who knows they are not their fathers. Seun should borrow a cue from them.

And while doing that,he should stop smoking those PawPaw leaves he has been smoking.

4 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Has No Respect For The Throne – Seun Kuti by JuliettaBitch(f): 12:50am On Aug 06, 2016
Afonjas oya come and do your job.

Seun Kuti must be an IPOB cheesy

Modified: Hunger is really bad as reflected in the zombie above

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Has No Respect For The Throne – Seun Kuti by JuliettaBitch(f): 12:54am On Aug 06, 2016
DiMateo:
So because he said Jesus is his father na crime abi?

Indomie child, even though he might believe in Christ our Lord, but as a revered Traditional ruler, he is not supposed to make that public
Re: Ooni Of Ife Has No Respect For The Throne – Seun Kuti by Jombojombo(m): 12:57am On Aug 06, 2016
God bless u Kuti

The Lord of Afonjas obviously need a crash course on "Traditionalism"
Re: Ooni Of Ife Has No Respect For The Throne – Seun Kuti by Jombojombo(m): 12:59am On Aug 06, 2016
A whole Oni of Ife galivating around
Re: Ooni Of Ife Has No Respect For The Throne – Seun Kuti by Nobody: 1:00am On Aug 06, 2016
JuliettaBitch:

Indomie child, even though he might believe in Christ our Lord, but as a revered Traditional ruler, he is not supposed to make that public
Indomie sister, so because of some Rubbish tradition he should deny his creator?
Re: Ooni Of Ife Has No Respect For The Throne – Seun Kuti by JuliettaBitch(f): 1:02am On Aug 06, 2016
DiMateo:
Indomie sister, so because of some Rubbish tradition he should deny his creator?

I don't need to waste my time arguing with a zombie
Re: Ooni Of Ife Has No Respect For The Throne – Seun Kuti by Nobody: 1:03am On Aug 06, 2016
JuliettaBitch:

I don't need to waste my time arguing with a zombie
Stupid bit.ch
Re: Ooni Of Ife Has No Respect For The Throne – Seun Kuti by JuliettaBitch(f): 1:04am On Aug 06, 2016
DiMateo:
Stupid bitch

Re: Ooni Of Ife Has No Respect For The Throne – Seun Kuti by Nobody: 1:07am On Aug 06, 2016
DiMateo:
HungerBAD:
This Seun is not Normal.

For somebody who has never sang one song,but lives off mimicking his father's Songs,he definitely has a big mouth.

The Ooni says God is his father,you that is from Abeokuta and was born in the Indomie Generation,wants to pick a fight with the Custodian of the Yoruba cradle.

Should he call the Devil his Father?Seun you are not Fela,so stop trying to be like him.

Awolowo and Azikiwe have kids,quietly living in Nigeria,who knows they are not their fathers. Seun should borrow a cue from them.

And while doing that,he should stop smoking those PawPaw leaves he has been smoking.

its a putty what ignorance and stupidity has done to these ones.... For you to openly type about the cradle of African being calling it rubbish tradition... I lack words to qualify you... Please read, read and read again... U definitely know nothing about history...

And if u may know, the Jesus all u call here , is actually the middle eastern tradition of which nazarethians(Jesus home town) do not even believe in him... They see him as a con man,/who is laying false claims( I know u do not know all these)... Boy, read, learn , grow up and liberate yourself from mental slavery...

Kuti, God bless u... Please inform them...

Foolish black pigs that know nothing, living a lie, while the society they live in suffer...
Re: Ooni Of Ife Has No Respect For The Throne – Seun Kuti by Nobody: 1:10am On Aug 06, 2016
PaulKillerman:
its a putty what ignorance and stupidity has done to these ones.... For you to openly type about the cradle of African being calling it rubbish tradition... I lack words to qualify you... Please read, read and read again... U definitely know nothing about history...

And if u may know, the Jesus , is actually the muddle eastern tradition of which nazarethians do not even believe in him... They see him as a con man. ( I know u do not know all these)... Boy, read, learn , grow up and liberate yourself from mental slavery...
I don't know how old u are but you are definitely out of your mind sad
Re: Ooni Of Ife Has No Respect For The Throne – Seun Kuti by Nobody: 1:11am On Aug 06, 2016
[quote author=JuliettaBitch post=48229438][/quote] I like u... Let's kick start something...
Re: Ooni Of Ife Has No Respect For The Throne – Seun Kuti by Nobody: 1:16am On Aug 06, 2016
DiMateo:
I don't know how old u are but you are definitely out of your mind sad
I'm not here to banter worse with a child that knows absolutely nothing...

Please read books, browse online, get enlightened... Do not allow the dogmas and preconceived permutations define your being... U should seek answers , read please... Only the shallow mind ,think in q linear course....

U can choose to continue in ignorance or follow my advice, it is up to u...

I wonder how, foreigners come into your house and make u deny your own existence and cradle... That is the worse thing that can happen to a human... Eviscerated of your substance and you become a shaft...

If that daft ooni, knew he was into parochialism why accept that throne? Only to make a redicule of it... Yoruba's, u all are in trouble, I pitty your existence ...
Re: Ooni Of Ife Has No Respect For The Throne – Seun Kuti by able20(m): 1:17am On Aug 06, 2016
The marijuana in seun kuti's system since birth .manifesting
Re: Ooni Of Ife Has No Respect For The Throne – Seun Kuti by Jazzlite: 1:29am On Aug 06, 2016
able20:
The marijuana in seun kuti's system since birth .manifesting
He should go
Re: Ooni Of Ife Has No Respect For The Throne – Seun Kuti by amuokuko: 1:40am On Aug 06, 2016
Seun wey don smoke weed full head, why won't he utter such..

HIV patient end time slowpoke...

Jesus is not just my father but my redeemer...
Re: Ooni Of Ife Has No Respect For The Throne – Seun Kuti by Kakamorufu(m): 6:43am On Aug 06, 2016
Oni own sef get as e be
Re: Ooni Of Ife Has No Respect For The Throne – Seun Kuti by saintkel(m): 11:08am On Aug 07, 2016
[quote author=JuliettaBitch post=48229438][/quote]Good morning dear

(1) (Reply)

See The N@ughty Stunts This Rich Guy Made His Girlfriends Do On His Birthday / Richest Sugar Mummy In Town Is Looking For A New Guy (click Here) / Actress Rukky Sanda Put Hot Thighs On Display In Sunday Outfit[PICS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.