Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,150 members, 7,953,543 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:41 PM

It’s Better To Fail In Doing Something, Than To Excel In Doing Nothing! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / It’s Better To Fail In Doing Something, Than To Excel In Doing Nothing! (982 Views)

5 Reasons It Is Better To Work In Lagos Than Abuja / How To Excel In Interviews (2): STAR Approach / Learn Microsoft Excel In 8 Weeks On Whatsapp This November. Register (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

It’s Better To Fail In Doing Something, Than To Excel In Doing Nothing! by donmayorgroup(m): 1:54am On Aug 06, 2016
Somebody said that these nuggets are getting into my head..and I replied..’its rather slow. I want it in my brain!’

Good Morning.

When I remembered this, I heaved a sigh of relief because I know am doing something and if I fail tomorrow, I will be satisfied that I tried-I did something.

Anybody who is currently achieving anything in life is at the same time risking failure! In fact, failure is the first necessary step towards achieving success. If you don’t risk failing, we won’t get the chance to succeed.

Dear, the greatest mistake you will make in life is to be afraid of failing. I have failed severally. I began writing at a very tender age. I struggled and struggled. I have written novels, short stories, plays…in fact one of my books got stuck with the publisher! So what it means is that I have no published work. I have heaps of unpublished works in my house. Haha. I FAILED! But I didn’t give up.

I delved into movie script writing. In fact, I was in robbed of one of my movie scripts when I was in secondary school! I FAILED AGAIN!

I turned my attention to blogging and that’s why you are reading Michael Doo’s Blog! I did not give up writing. I failed severally, but it gave me the strength to forge ahead.

Stop trying to be perfect. When you have a serious decision to make, tell yourself firmly that you will make it. Don’t expect it to be a perfect one. Don’t expect to make it immediately. In fact, you should prepare for the storm ahead.

Listen to Henry Ward Beecher:

‘I don’t like these cold, precise, perfect people who, in order not to speak wrong, never speak at all, and in order not to do wrong, never do anything’

Did you hear that?

The point here is that the pursuit of excellence is gratifying and healthy; but the pursuit of excellence is frustrating, unproductive and a terrible waste of time. I love making mistakes. Do you know why? See, even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement!

And finally, go out this morning bearing in mind that some people learn from their mistakes; some never recover from it. Learn to fail intelligently. Develop success from failure.

Read more at: http://www.michaeldoosblog.info/2016/08/its-better-to-fail-in-doing-something.html?m=1

Cc: lalasticlala, mynd44

Re: It’s Better To Fail In Doing Something, Than To Excel In Doing Nothing! by Emasky4real(m): 7:17am On Aug 09, 2016
Great post. Thanks for sharing.

(1) (Reply)

k / 30K In 12days With 6k Capital!!! / Ladies This Will Motivate You To BE MORE!!!! (video Include)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.